World's 1% to own 2/3 of global wealth by 2030

Treat it as a weapon. Extreme heat/cold to destroy crops, cause flooding with massive rain, etc. You could destabilize things rapidly with weather control.

Cause droughts and jack up the price on water

Capitalism and greed will be the downfall of America and possibly humanity as a whole.

The concept/importance of money compromises the goodwill of humans.

I believe you, but civilization tends to get better over time we as a species grow better from our previous transgressions, I'm a history minor so I tend to think of things with a glass half full seeing as how we let children work and Rockefeller ran the world just a 100 years ago.

Millionaires who still work are selfish in my eyes. It really would benefit everyone in all sectors if instead of one billionaire, we had 80-100 multi millionaires.

I don't get the benefit of protecting the rich like our government does.

Most millionaires are built a bit different than everyone else. They have to have more. There is no end in sight. Complete and utter domination in everything they do. That's how most got to where they are.

So many millionaires don't put their money to real world use. Always investing and saving and saving some more. That doesn't help struggling economies. Not sure what can be done.

hmm...

So by global standards, America’s middle class is also really, really rich. To make it into the richest 1 percent globally, all you need is an income of around $34,000, according to World Bank economist Branko Milanovic. The average family in the United States has more than three times the income of those living in poverty in America, and nearly 50 times that of the world’s poorest. Many of America’s 99 percenters, and the West’s, are really 1 percenters on a global level.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/02/27/were-all-the-1-percent/

It's nice to know im in the 1% globally, but when im living in America that number is moot.

$34K pre-tax annually is getting you a 2000 Ford Taurus and a 600sqft. one bedroom apartment.

Last edited:
hmm...

So by global standards, America’s middle class is also really, really rich. To make it into the richest 1 percent globally, all you need is an income of around $34,000, according to World Bank economist Branko Milanovic. The average family in the United States has more than three times the income of those living in poverty in America, and nearly 50 times that of the world’s poorest. Many of America’s 99 percenters, and the West’s, are really 1 percenters on a global level.

I feel like a 99% with my rent and bills. My life is comfortable though so no real complaints from me.

It's wild how much the revenue from just an hour of work in America can mean to people in some countries. We greedy af though.

hmm...

Didn't read the link but didn't they factor in cost of living? 34k in San Francisco or Seattle gets you a van you live in. 34k in middle America gets you respectable living conditions.

Also. Anyone who had traveled knows how strong the dollar can be vs other currencies. Like a 5-10x multiplier in some countries. So for them they could do just fine on $3,400 annually vs 34k

A revolution will be inevitable

Let me talk to you about Crypto

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 4.19.57 PM.png

It's nice to know im in the 1% globally, but when im living in America that number is moot.

Didn't read the link but didn't they factor in cost of living? 34k in San Francisco or Seattle gets you a van you live in. 34k in middle America gets you respectable living conditions.

Also. Anyone who had traveled knows how strong the dollar can be vs other currencies. Like a 5-10x multiplier in some countries. So for them they could do just fine on $3,400 annually vs 34k

I was gonna say that when I was young, I had a daily allowance of about a dollar. With that, I was able to take a cab to school, from school AND have lunch.

On a single dollar, in Africa, 15 years ago.

Focusing only on the income when discussing wealth presents an incomplete picture. Gotta look at the cost of living associated with that too. $10/day won't take you to/from work and feed you anywhere in the US.

Back
Top Bottom