Would a boardwide #NT summit be possible? Vol. Vegas Vacation July 8-10???

Originally Posted by backpacker23

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by 21 World B Free 21

I'd much rather go with my actual friends on a trip..however I think the best idea is a sneaker convention (ie. comicon). Sneaker makers having booths big and small having booths, making announcements, resellers having booths, new product/new technology announcements etc.  Has anythhing of that scale ever been tried? I would need an actual reason to hang out with most of 99.9% of you.

Seriously though, you talkin like we would miss your presence.
Go to sleep.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  this dude dont know squad. He probably just joined NT and knows nothing about the history of this great board. Someone should get this started. Where is a Mod when you need one? Dirty? or maybe even Method. If they organized it I think this would become a reality
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Yo, this sounds
pimp.gif
i'm def down. Problem is like many said we can barely pull a local summit. Here in Florida i have never heard of a summit actually going down
Yeah you guys in Florida are very uncoordinated. From it what it seems, most people are in the 305 area but can't get together.

NYC gets at least 40 now that everything is organized.
Imo, they are very uncoordinated. I don't think there are many NT'ers in Florida the only NT'er I know that  stays around my neck of the woods is Josebronx. To fam who said there was a #NTFL summit about two weeks ago, how did ya go about putting the word out? Twitter? Region forum? Last time i checked the only summit that was talked about here in Florida was around 08' I think and the plan was to go to a heat game, but it never really went down.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Yo, this sounds
pimp.gif
i'm def down. Problem is like many said we can barely pull a local summit. Here in Florida i have never heard of a summit actually going down
Yeah you guys in Florida are very uncoordinated. From it what it seems, most people are in the 305 area but can't get together.

NYC gets at least 40 now that everything is organized.
Imo, they are very uncoordinated. I don't think there are many NT'ers in Florida the only NT'er I know that  stays around my neck of the woods is Josebronx. To fam who said there was a #NTFL summit about two weeks ago, how did ya go about putting the word out? Twitter? Region forum? Last time i checked the only summit that was talked about here in Florida was around 08' I think and the plan was to go to a heat game, but it never really went down.

I think in order to balance this with everyones schedule it would have to be sometime over the summer

I think in order to balance this with everyones schedule it would have to be sometime over the summer

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

I'd much rather go with my actual friends on a trip..however I think the best idea is a sneaker convention (ie. comicon). Sneaker makers having booths big and small having booths, making announcements, resellers having booths, new product/new technology announcements etc.  Has anythhing of that scale ever been tried? I would need an actual reason to hang out with most of 99.9% of you.

Go to sleep.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
  this dude dont know squad. He probably just joined NT and knows nothing about the history of this great board. Someone should get this started. Where is a Mod when you need one? Dirty? or maybe even Method. If they organized it I think this would become a reality
tongue.gif

Method Man would be the last person I want in this. People would cancel just seeing the twenty page itinerary for the first day... 

Go to sleep.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
tongue.gif

Method Man would be the last person I want in this. People would cancel just seeing the twenty page itinerary for the first day... 

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Ohio would be epic

but the summer would be the best time for this
this.  They would lose their damn minds if we all went there.

i can see it now, bunch of Lebron and Kobe jerseys walking around.

im dwn for a vegas trip tho. i aint sharing no room tho with the bedbugs and such going around.
laugh.gif
, jk but really tho. Thats nasty.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Ohio would be epic

but the summer would be the best time for this
this.  They would lose their damn minds if we all went there.

i can see it now, bunch of Lebron and Kobe jerseys walking around.

im dwn for a vegas trip tho. i aint sharing no room tho with the bedbugs and such going around.
laugh.gif
, jk but really tho. Thats nasty.

If Bana is in I'd be in (Bana).
smile.gif

I say instead of saving a polar bear we take that $19k and start bookin rooms.

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Go to sleep.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
tongue.gif
So i've been a member almost 4 years longer than you and your going to try and give me a history lesson?? If you knew anything you could have figured that out for your self.

Let me ask this...given that 99% of us live an hour or much further from vegas and have limited budgets and limited time what option what would you pick

1. Go to vegas with your boys or even just descent friends
2. Go to vegas with hundreds or even thousands of other dudes 99% of which you have never met other than through the internet and have nothing in common that you know about nevermind trying to get that amount of people into a club

If you would pick 2 you have serious real life problems and need to log off and go to sleep...sorry to pop your fantasy post bubble.

This post has come up plenty of times through the years and nothing has or will happen

My point was simply this, rather than saying oh I want to go [place] to hang out with strangers (seriously what are you going to do in vegas with that many people for a weekend, have breakout sessions hah?) that the smarter idea is to have a better reason to be there (a combination of what E3 is to video games, comicon is to comics, baseball card convention etc). Its worked pretty successful on the smaller scale from city to city and has a much better chance of success than a random NT summit. Get other stakeholders whho have a monetary interest in what we do to get involved and put up some money/product. From Nike to smaller manufactures to custom shoe makers, people can showcase their stuff, people who want to resell their stuff or accessories can accessories. Have informational sessions, a reason to be there rather than spend a weekend just hanging with strangers....Its a ton of work to organize but realistically this is the only way this will happen with any scale.

Go to sleep.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
tongue.gif
So i've been a member almost 4 years longer than you and your going to try and give me a history lesson?? If you knew anything you could have figured that out for your self.

Let me ask this...given that 99% of us live an hour or much further from vegas and have limited budgets and limited time what option what would you pick

1. Go to vegas with your boys or even just descent friends
2. Go to vegas with hundreds or even thousands of other dudes 99% of which you have never met other than through the internet and have nothing in common that you know about nevermind trying to get that amount of people into a club

If you would pick 2 you have serious real life problems and need to log off and go to sleep...sorry to pop your fantasy post bubble.

This post has come up plenty of times through the years and nothing has or will happen

My point was simply this, rather than saying oh I want to go [place] to hang out with strangers (seriously what are you going to do in vegas with that many people for a weekend, have breakout sessions hah?) that the smarter idea is to have a better reason to be there (a combination of what E3 is to video games, comicon is to comics, baseball card convention etc). Its worked pretty successful on the smaller scale from city to city and has a much better chance of success than a random NT summit. Get other stakeholders whho have a monetary interest in what we do to get involved and put up some money/product. From Nike to smaller manufactures to custom shoe makers, people can showcase their stuff, people who want to resell their stuff or accessories can accessories. Have informational sessions, a reason to be there rather than spend a weekend just hanging with strangers....Its a ton of work to organize but realistically this is the only way this will happen with any scale.

Back
Top Bottom