Would you call me a hater if I said Melo is this generation's Big Dog Robinson?

Somebody lock this **** up.idc how long you been watching basketball,you still don't know wtf your talking about.you must be from Denver or something,mad cuz ur 0-3 and nyk is 3-0.
That is funny because I am neither of anything that you called him and I find the comparison to be accurate.

But I must be "mad" as well..... :D

That is funny because I am neither of anything that you called him and I find the comparison to be accurate.
But I must be "mad" as well..... :D
maybe not mad,but just as dumb as he is,how bout we stop comparing guys in the league who still have years left,to guys whose careers are finished.melo is light years better than Glenn Robinson was on his best day.idc how many YouTube videos you guys pull up.

Nor was Melo ever better than Nash or CP3 (maybe the year Chris was hurt)
 Hard to compare melo to PG's IMO....

Even though he handles the ball as much as one
laugh.gif

Similar but Melo is just better at what he does. This year that convo will end...
Agreed.

I mean come on, Melo led a team to the WCF while averaging 29 ppg. Hes got 2 gold medals and an NCAA championship as a freshman. Big Dog was solid but hes got none of that on his resume. **** Big Dog's best scoring numbers are just a bit higher than Melo's lowest scoring seasons. Just because they have more similar games in terms of skillset than Melo does with Lebron or Kobe doesnt mean that their skill level is closer. Melo is the much better player, and I know its early but hes been incredible on defense this season and has proven to be a good defender when he dedicates himself to it, and I see his rebounding numbers improving this season.

How the **** can you say that we  cant "compare" Melo to guys like Lebron when he has competed and had success against Lebron throughout his entire life (spare last season), and just beat Lebron's Heat (who has "elite" players like Wade and Bosh around him also) by 20+ points. Im not at all trying to say Melo is better Lebron, but I am saying that it is not "unfair" to compare the 2 players. The gap between Lebron and Melo is alot less than Melo and Robinson, and thats saying something considering that Lebron is the best player in the world right now.

Agreed.
Hes got 2 gold medals and an NCAA championship as a freshman. Big Dog was solid but hes got none of that on his resume.

why does this stuff get brought up to boost up Melo? It's irrelevant unless we're talking entire careers and in that case, Big Dog was 2x the college player Melo was and was on an Olympic team himself but didn't get to play due to injury.

But Melo is a better version at this point. Big Dog flamed out 9/10 years in, Melo will have a much longer run of success.

Last edited:
Melo shouldnt be compared to LeBron thats pretty silly at this point

I think the Big Dog comparison was solid Melo's obviously the better of the two but pretty spot on

I dont think Melo is meant to be the man honestly I think people want something out of him he's not capable of CP# coming to the knicks wouldve been the best thing that ever happen to Melo but he's playing well this year so maybe he puts all this to rest I doubt it tho

Didn't Melo make the WCF as "the man"?

I'd have to put an [COLOR=#red]asterisk[/COLOR] on that season the Denver Nuggets (during the Melo years) made it that far to the West Finals in 2008-2009 (where they lost to the Lakers, 4-2) BECAUSE . . . the Carmelo Anthony-led Denver Nuggets were never a threat until they traded for Chauncey Billups aka Mr Big Shot.

Melo was the face of the franchise and NBA darling then . . . BUT Chauncey Billups was the guy that led the team and ran the offense and won games.

I don't even think Melo should be in the same conversation as Lebron or KD.

Melo loves the fame of being an NBA player, but he lacks the fire in his heart to win games that count.

Melo has the Olympic scoring record though...it's not like he is some scrub at the end of the bench, he has been an integral member of both 08 and 12 squads. That does matter.

And Big Dog had a better college career only cause he actually had a full college career.

The attempts made to discredit his game these past couple years is hilarious. The guy is a 'tard a lot of times and has gotten in his own way and stuck his foot in his mouth on countless occasions but he is a once in a generation type of scorer. He is prolly the best isolation scorer in the league aside from Durant maybe. When he plays the 4, he is also the best driver in the league. If anyone watched him after D'antoni left, his defense was actually good last year and has continued to be through the first few games. Some guys just take longer to mature but Melo finally seems to get it, the talent has always been there.

And yes, Chauncey Billups deserves credit for that WCF run in '09. Got it... Melo plays with no fire in his heart your right.

Idiot logic at its finest.

Big Dog played two years, he was better as a FR and in another stratosphere his SO year. Unfair to compare just about anyone to him as a college player.

Comparison is better than some of you want to admit...

Not 100% accurate, probably like 72.38%
laugh.gif

they're both excellent triple threat players. i'd have to give the edge to melo because of his mobility, and ballhandling abilities.

Last edited:
No, I'd just say you don't know much. Melo is better than Robinson at his peak.

Back
Top Bottom