Would you call me a hater if I said Melo is this generation's Big Dog Robinson?

Wow, that's a username I haven't seen in years.
had me  like 
eek.gif

He really has no flaws offensively. Long and mid range jumper both solid. Excellent in the post and off the dribble. The first step is deadly as well as the stop and pop. Finishes well at the hoop.
Bron is a better finisher and more "dominant" but not complete. Not as good a post player or jump shooter. Durant is >= as a shooter, but not as good close to the basket. Same with Dirk. Kobe might be the closest, but he's getting old, and not as good down low. Can't think of anyone else close enough to merit mention.
couldnt of said it any better myself.

So, you mean...scorer.

Better ball handler? Passer? Can Carmelo switch between PF and PG within the same quarter with different lineups around him? Does he exploit double teams as well? Does he work a pick and roll better? Is he better in transition?

Scoring ≠ complete offense.

So, you mean...scorer.
Better ball handler? Passer? Can Carmelo switch between PF and PG within the same quarter with different lineups around him? Does he exploit double teams as well? Does he work a pick and roll better? Is he better in transition?
Scoring ≠ complete offense.

When I was talking about offense, I mean that he is better at getting the ball in the bucket, since the original post is about Big Dog Robinson. Melo is a better ball handler, Bron's handles are not that good. Bron is of course a better passer, but Melo is no slouch in that area (assist stats can be misleading). I don't see how switching positions really has to do with offense, but Melo ran point forward a lot last year but that's not where he excels.

Lebron is better ALL AROUND. No one is arguing that. He's better at creating and defense. Offensively, there is really nothing that Carmelo does poorly.

I could have sworn I've seen this thread before like 4-5 years ago

You did. During Melo's early days in Denver. I'm not going to bother with a long thread, but there has been enough mounting evidence to prove that he is better than big dog. Better offense, less injuries, western conference finals visit, multiple all star appearances, NCAA title.

He really has no flaws offensively. Long and mid range jumper both solid. Excellent in the post and off the dribble. The first step is deadly as well as the stop and pop. Finishes well at the hoop.
Bron is a better finisher and more "dominant" but not complete. Not as good a post player or jump shooter. Durant is >= as a shooter, but not as good close to the basket. Same with Dirk. Kobe might be the closest, but he's getting old, and not as good down low. Can't think of anyone else close enough to merit mention.

This. Best mid-range game right now. During his nuggets days, there were times when melo would average 26-28 ppg and not take a 3 point shot for 4-5 games straight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom