Would YOU Have An Issue If YOUR Wife Doesn't Want To Take On YOUR Last Name? Why or Why Not?

Would YOU Have An Issue If YOUR Wife Doesn't Want To Take On YOUR Last Name? Why or Why Not?

I think I would. I guess it depends on the situation. It's not like the D though. I'm not gonna say "You gonna take this !#+"

I wouldn't care either way, its my understanding that this was done because the wife was considered the husband's property.

Unless she is a PhD, an author, a musician with published work under her maiden name then there's no reason for her not to.
But at the same time she shouldn't be forced to. Love is bigger than last names.

My totally dropped her maiden name when she legally took my last name.

Originally Posted by Pmighty

i would hope she would be more than willing to take my last name

Thats what I would think... I mean what would really be a reason not to?

If she were to deny adding my last name I would falcon punch her to a divorce.

It's ultimately her choice....I mean are you REALLY not going to marry a girl because she won't take your last name?
laugh.gif

unless her last name was cemented in the public.. like a celebrity or something where many people know her.. besides that she doesnt take my last name, idreconsider our plans

i am seriously considering hyphenating my name. Once i explain the reason why to my husband...if he cant be understanding then he cant be husband.

laugh.gif
I want HER last name...for the umm...benefits

but its not gonna happen - gotta keep my name alive - shes already using it and we still months away

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i am seriously considering hyphenating my name. Once i explain the reason why to my husband...if he cant be understanding then he cant be husband.
What is your reasoning if you don't mind me asking?

i wouldnt want to change my last name. it's unique & i've never met anyone with it that isn't family.

changing it for a smith or williams or lopez doesn't seem plausible. & i'm not a fan of hyphenated last names, either.

so my last name is staying. idk why this would bother guys... who cares, as long as your kid keeps the last name.

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

so my last name is staying. idk why this would bother guys... who cares, as long as your kid keeps the last name.
You should KNOW why and UNDERSTAND WHY. But you don't have to agree with the reasoning. You should know why though

The kid having my last name is most important IMO.

But of course I would like for her to have my last name.

Won't be a make or break thing as far as the marriage goes. At least that's what I think at this moment. Things might change when it actually happens.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

You should KNOW why and UNDERSTAND WHY. But you don't have to agree with the reasoning. You should know why though
enlighten me, please.

i wouldnt want to change my last name. it's unique & i've never met anyone with it that isn't family.

changing it for a smith or williams or lopez doesn't seem plausible. & i'm not a fan of hyphenated last names, either.

so what would be the the family name?

Back
Top Bottom