would you marry a chick that refuses to take your last name?

My girl already told me she’s not taking my last name. I had to think about it for a sec because I assumed it’s just the way it is for everybody lol, but in the end it doesn’t matter to me

I didn't dance around it ....I very clearly stated what I should have said.

FOH B

Yea, ok. So you call me the nimwit when you admit to being wrong in the first place. Then you proceed to call me a dip **** before the edit. Hilarious.

Wouldn’t bother me one bit. My girl wants to take mine though so that’s that.

Unless she’s famous or something, naw **** that! What are even getting married for? We could just live together and be common law.

Spanish names be long as **** :lol:

My mind was blown when I started looking up the full names of the Spanish dudes in the NBA
Something to take into consideration, you are more likely to have issues in filings and paper work with various companies
having hyphenated or multiple last names. Companies will put a dash, put a space, combine, or straight drop a name, and you will be delayed, "not found in the system", or rejected due to name not matching all because of it. I see it ALL DAY.

Last edited:
No lie I knew a dude named

Sandeep Sandhu and his girlfriend’s name was Sandeep Sandhu

So she would be Sandeep Sandhu- Sandhu
:rofl:

I know certain names are very common but what are the odds you like and pursue a chick with your same name?

Reminds me of my homey Nana and later on when I met several chicks names Nana.

If you’re gonna do it, why half-way do it? It’s not like you HAVE to get married.
The assumption here is getting married is specifically about the wife taking the husband's last name.

You say half-way do it as if taking the last name is half of the part in getting married. That's not really the point as far as I understand it.

I never understood why women wouldn't want to take their husband'sast name. If we adhere to all the other traditions, one knee proposal, engagement ring, getting the families blessing etc. why not follow all the way through? It's a power thing, and I believe their is a correlation between not taking the husband's last name and the divorce rate.
Not to mention you taking my gross man juice inside of you, and raising our kids together....Naw man. I do understand hyphenated names though...

If you’re gonna do it, why half-way do it? It’s not like you HAVE to get married.

I'd like to think the business arrangement aspect of marriage might rank a little higher than the surname.

Like if you found the right woman that you know can help build you something greater than you could on your own...you wouldn't do it cause of a name?

would you marry a chick that refuses to take your last name?

or she wants to hyphenate the last name so its (your last name) (-) (her last name) or vice versa

yall down for it or nah?

I ask cause it seems like this is becoming more common, which I think is whack.

Issa no for me dawg. Might accept the hyphen if she has a good reason but my kids taking my last name fasho!

my wife is pretty traditional. when my son was born, his name was hyphenated. then my wife and i got married and she took my last name and changed my son’s name to match us. she did that all on her own. whatever she preferred would have been fine with me.

my wife is pretty traditional. when my son was born, his name was hyphenated. then my wife and i got married and she took my last name and changed my son’s name to match us. she did that all on her own. whatever she preferred would have been fine with me.
Sound like she likes paper work.

The assumption here is getting married is specifically about the wife taking the husband's last name.

You say half-way do it as if taking the last name is half of the part in getting married. That's not really the point as far as I understand it.

I mean “halfway” like “ain’t no such thing as halfway crooks”.

Why go through a traditional procedure and not do it all the way? Taxes? Do you know what common law marriage is? All you have to do is have the same address for a period of time.

The paperwork does itself. :lol:

I'd like to think the business arrangement aspect of marriage might rank a little higher than the surname.

Like if you found the right woman that you know can help build you something greater than you could on your own...you wouldn't do it cause of a name?

Yeah, if her name, in of itself, is generating income, I can feel that.

If this bihh just got a good *** job...she gotta come on in.

I mean “halfway” like “ain’t no such thing as halfway crooks”.

Why go through a traditional procedure and not do it all the way? Taxes? Do you know what common law marriage is? All you have to do is have the same address for a period of time.

The paperwork does itself. :lol:
Marriage don't gotta be traditional.

Head to city hall or wherever that main office is and get your papers.

Common law marriages differ state to state and require a time period of living together. Where as marriage is immediate, in comparison.

That's literally the point of some marriages if we just talking taxes and money.

I’ve been married for 3.5 years and my wife hasn’t changed her name. It’s not a big deal to either of us. It’s mostly just a hastle to go through everything to get it changed on everything. She may change it one day so she can have the same last name as our daughters but I couldn’t care less.

I’m one of two males left in the world with my last name so all I really cared about was my children and I ended up with two girls anyway. And my wife also wanted the kids to have my name.

What’s funny is her name is Italian and mine is a bastardized American name that my family took after they came here from Italy, but both names are also Spanish words and her first and middle names are also Italian/Spanish, so if she decided to hyphenate it would be an extra Spanish sounding name.

Damn near all chicks I know more than happy to give up their last names to get married :lol:

Da Hyphen would be the best solution tho , makes every one happy ...see that a lot at work places

Don’t care really, my wife has my last name on the marriage certificate we have but it’s a hassle to change all that ****

I told her to just change it official if we have kids

It’s not that big of a deal

Unless she’s famous or something, naw **** that! What are even getting married for? We could just live together and be common law.

I agree.
If yall love each other. You can do that without getting married.
If yall wanna spend the rest of your life together. You can do that without getting married.
If y'all wanna be each other partner and best friend. Y'all can do that without getting married.

Srsly.. What are your motivations for getting married? If it's not based around having a traditional family, then I don't know what the point is. A family is supposed to have a name.What are yall even hustlin for? Y'all the same dudes in here calling other men daddy from 9 to 5pm. Boss havin *** dudes... Does your son even have cookies?

Back
Top Bottom