Would you marry anyone outside of your race ?? Interracial relationships Vol. 1

I used to think i'd only end up marrying a black girl one day but I'm more open to other races

I honestly can even remember the last time I dated a black girl who wasnt mixed....my current GF is Dominican, Black and white.

I used to think i'd only end up marrying a black girl one day but I'm more open to other races

I honestly can even remember the last time I dated a black girl who wasnt mixed....my current GF is Dominican, Black and white.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Probably not.

I'm Chinese.  I'm VERY Chinese.  I love being Chinese.

I hate eating meals without rice.  I credit most of my swagger to Chan Ho Nam and Chicken.  I get damn irritated explaining things to non tech-savvy people.  I will NEVER understand how people wear their dirty
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
shoes in their own house.  I celebrate my New Year in February, and that means animal dice, red envelopes, and cemeteries.  I even want a big, expensive, uncomfortable, wooden furniture set that i'll never use; and I have no idea why.

When I look to the future to my wife and kids, I just don't see how they could fit a different mold.  And when I try to imagine them fitting a different mold, I can't imagine myself fitting with them.

I got nothing against interracial dating, but that's only proved to strengthen my belief that I won't be happy marrying outside of my culture.

Sounds like a conformist, or communist
laugh.gif
j/k
Maybe so, but if you ever tried to get a Mexican girl to watch Young and Dangerous with you, you'd feel my pain.
grin.gif
Nah, some people are just wired differently and can't respond sexually to someone of another ethnicity...like personally I never was responsive to Asian women
not to say if she was a good person and turned me on sexually and intellectually I wouldn't go for it. Just never crossed my mind honestly, so I kinda guess I understand where you're coming from.

Although there was this one chick that was SUPER RICH (father sent her $6000 a month), just flew in from Hong Kong. Used to work on campus in planning, she needed assistance over a few week wasn't really fluent in English We developed a short-lived friendship after someone told me she said I was racist because I didn't respond to her advances
laugh.gif
....I was flattered, confused, and resentful of her accusation I didn't think she was trying to bag me, it never crossed my mind. I mean she was OD upset
laugh.gif
, I spoke to her and told her I didn't realize her intentions of course she called me a liar
laugh.gif

For a year and a half never saw her with another guy EVER...
Wait, no.  You missed me completely.

I'm physically attracted to every color female out there.

But if we're talking about marriage, we're talking about more than physical attraction.

I'm talking about, any non-SE Asian girl I bring around doesn't understand my culture, and therefore my family my friends or my life.  Sex is the easy part.

Probably not.

I'm Chinese.  I'm VERY Chinese.  I love being Chinese.

I hate eating meals without rice.  I credit most of my swagger to Chan Ho Nam and Chicken.  I get damn irritated explaining things to non tech-savvy people.  I will NEVER understand how people wear their dirty
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
shoes in their own house.  I celebrate my New Year in February, and that means animal dice, red envelopes, and cemeteries.  I even want a big, expensive, uncomfortable, wooden furniture set that i'll never use; and I have no idea why.

When I look to the future to my wife and kids, I just don't see how they could fit a different mold.  And when I try to imagine them fitting a different mold, I can't imagine myself fitting with them.

I got nothing against interracial dating, but that's only proved to strengthen my belief that I won't be happy marrying outside of my culture.

Sounds like a conformist, or communist
laugh.gif
j/k
Maybe so, but if you ever tried to get a Mexican girl to watch Young and Dangerous with you, you'd feel my pain.
grin.gif
Nah, some people are just wired differently and can't respond sexually to someone of another ethnicity...like personally I never was responsive to Asian women
not to say if she was a good person and turned me on sexually and intellectually I wouldn't go for it. Just never crossed my mind honestly, so I kinda guess I understand where you're coming from.

Although there was this one chick that was SUPER RICH (father sent her $6000 a month), just flew in from Hong Kong. Used to work on campus in planning, she needed assistance over a few week wasn't really fluent in English We developed a short-lived friendship after someone told me she said I was racist because I didn't respond to her advances
laugh.gif
....I was flattered, confused, and resentful of her accusation I didn't think she was trying to bag me, it never crossed my mind. I mean she was OD upset
laugh.gif
, I spoke to her and told her I didn't realize her intentions of course she called me a liar
laugh.gif

For a year and a half never saw her with another guy EVER...
Wait, no.  You missed me completely.

I'm physically attracted to every color female out there.

But if we're talking about marriage, we're talking about more than physical attraction.

I'm talking about, any non-SE Asian girl I bring around doesn't understand my culture, and therefore my family my friends or my life.  Sex is the easy part.

Im white, my wife is Dominican, weve been together 8 years and married for 2.5.... the difference has ZERO effect or impact on us or our relationship

Im white, my wife is Dominican, weve been together 8 years and married for 2.5.... the difference has ZERO effect or impact on us or our relationship

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

pimp.gif

i likes those too

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

pimp.gif

i likes those too

Originally Posted by illphillip

I did. We've been together for over 15 from dating to marriage.

Race differences mean nothing if your LIFE experiences are similar.

It's 2010.

Your friend sounds like a child or a fool.
Word, it's me and her, #!!# everything else.

Originally Posted by illphillip

I did. We've been together for over 15 from dating to marriage.

Race differences mean nothing if your LIFE experiences are similar.

It's 2010.

Your friend sounds like a child or a fool.
Word, it's me and her, #!!# everything else.

it may be corny to some but my dude vin in fast and furious put it best:

"i appreciate a fine body regardless of the make"
pimp.gif

i can see how cultural differences may cause some relationships to not go very smoothly, but i think it comes down to appreciating the person for who they are as a person and as a girlfriend. if you are open minded and are not ignorant, only then can you come to appreciate what/where that person comes from(family culture, background, economic class).

why should you let something like color of skin or the fact that that person eats different foods come between you and her/him? why not instead come to appreciate whatever they bring to the table?

im first gen haitian american and i've been with irish//portugese boston chick. thats as white as it gets i guess. 3 years and counting, and going strong.
culture wise thats about as opposite as you can get, but she's tasted my family's cooking a bit and loved it. i've had her moms food too and was fine with it (same stuff you can get at Boston Market
laugh.gif
). i come from a family of successful med. professionals and engineers and she comes from a blue collar family without for the most part, a college education. NO EFFECT on our relationship, and after 3 yrs it def won't be (she's going to PT school in a yr anyways so what do i care.)

people get caught up with the stereotypes, and bs assumptions, that they str8 up cross options off the list like they better off. why limit urself?

i realize that family opposition can be a big thing in how someone finds a mate, and that can be too big an obstacle to overcome for some. me/my girl have family support, but at the end of the day your love for that person > whatever anyone else thinks

...just my 2cents.

it may be corny to some but my dude vin in fast and furious put it best:

"i appreciate a fine body regardless of the make"
pimp.gif

i can see how cultural differences may cause some relationships to not go very smoothly, but i think it comes down to appreciating the person for who they are as a person and as a girlfriend. if you are open minded and are not ignorant, only then can you come to appreciate what/where that person comes from(family culture, background, economic class).

why should you let something like color of skin or the fact that that person eats different foods come between you and her/him? why not instead come to appreciate whatever they bring to the table?

im first gen haitian american and i've been with irish//portugese boston chick. thats as white as it gets i guess. 3 years and counting, and going strong.
culture wise thats about as opposite as you can get, but she's tasted my family's cooking a bit and loved it. i've had her moms food too and was fine with it (same stuff you can get at Boston Market
laugh.gif
). i come from a family of successful med. professionals and engineers and she comes from a blue collar family without for the most part, a college education. NO EFFECT on our relationship, and after 3 yrs it def won't be (she's going to PT school in a yr anyways so what do i care.)

people get caught up with the stereotypes, and bs assumptions, that they str8 up cross options off the list like they better off. why limit urself?

i realize that family opposition can be a big thing in how someone finds a mate, and that can be too big an obstacle to overcome for some. me/my girl have family support, but at the end of the day your love for that person > whatever anyone else thinks

...just my 2cents.

Back
Top Bottom