Would you marry anyone outside of your race ?? Interracial relationships Vol. 1

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Love is Love. But i do need my God fearing Women
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smokin.gif

Serious question, why is it okay for Dominicans to date or marry white, but not black?

I have dozens of Puerto Ricans in my family by marriage, and one Dominican aunt.
It seems like Puerto Ricans are more open about interracial dating than Dominicans
when I thought it should be the other way around heritage and genealogy wise.
Only reason I ask is because I love my family and don't want to offend them.

Dominicans are "Afro-Carribeaan"...this was proven

Serious question, why is it okay for Dominicans to date or marry white, but not black?

I have dozens of Puerto Ricans in my family by marriage, and one Dominican aunt.
It seems like Puerto Ricans are more open about interracial dating than Dominicans
when I thought it should be the other way around heritage and genealogy wise.
Only reason I ask is because I love my family and don't want to offend them.

Dominicans are "Afro-Carribeaan"...this was proven

I definately would. Race/Religion doesnt matter to me at all. When you LOVE someone, nothing else should matter. Its a shame and sad for people who dont really realize that. They might miss out on their REAL love.

I definately would. Race/Religion doesnt matter to me at all. When you LOVE someone, nothing else should matter. Its a shame and sad for people who dont really realize that. They might miss out on their REAL love.

In a perfect world, Id marry a Dominican chick. (not trying to be corny/cliche)

But to be 100% honest, I think I will ultimately end up marrying a black chick. Im black of course

In a perfect world, Id marry a Dominican chick. (not trying to be corny/cliche)

But to be 100% honest, I think I will ultimately end up marrying a black chick. Im black of course

Originally Posted by illphillip

I did. We've been together for over 15 from dating to marriage.

Race differences mean nothing if your LIFE experiences are similar.

It's 2010.

Your friend sounds like a child or a fool.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Agreed.  

I won't lie and say that there haven't been some rough spots in our relationship due to her parent's unwillingness to accept our marriage b/c of the color of my skin.  But ultimately, it boils down to OUR lives and OUR beliefs about what is acceptable and what isn't.  And for us, the color of one's skin means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.  

Originally Posted by illphillip

I did. We've been together for over 15 from dating to marriage.

Race differences mean nothing if your LIFE experiences are similar.

It's 2010.

Your friend sounds like a child or a fool.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Agreed.  

I won't lie and say that there haven't been some rough spots in our relationship due to her parent's unwillingness to accept our marriage b/c of the color of my skin.  But ultimately, it boils down to OUR lives and OUR beliefs about what is acceptable and what isn't.  And for us, the color of one's skin means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.  

I would. I know it may mean a lot to some people and their families, but my family has plenty of interracial marriages.

I would. I know it may mean a lot to some people and their families, but my family has plenty of interracial marriages.

Race makes no difference to me at all. I think our generation cares a lot less about that kind of stuff than our parents' generation. Race isn't even a factor for me when I'm considering men as potentials, although I may favor the look of certain races a little bit, but that's just personal preference looks-wise. Don't get me wrong, there's no race I find unattractive and I don't generalize, but I do find that I'm attracted to more men from certain races. 

Race makes no difference to me at all. I think our generation cares a lot less about that kind of stuff than our parents' generation. Race isn't even a factor for me when I'm considering men as potentials, although I may favor the look of certain races a little bit, but that's just personal preference looks-wise. Don't get me wrong, there's no race I find unattractive and I don't generalize, but I do find that I'm attracted to more men from certain races. 

Back
Top Bottom