Wow as if some of you NTers werent already worried about your looks.

That's weird. I know I have a wide nose but it did say my ears are too long for my nose...what?

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

btw wouldn't most people of asian/african ancestry get a "nose is too wide" penalty? this is ridiculous.

Was just thinking the same thing.

That's exactly what happens...

This Anaface program essentially gives you higher marks of beauty if your features are more in line with European features, and lower marks of beauty the more you deviate from that standard of beauty, and progress towards Afro-centric features.

As sad as it is, you can't deny the fact that, from a sociological standpoint, this program is both amazing and fascinating because it clearly shows that "white-ness" or "white-features" are the standard of beauty in this country. A program that ranks beauty on basis of affinity to European features...marvelous huh...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

slight overreaction imo......more like it (poorly) measures the attractiveness of a white face but is not as accurate for other racial groups?

with women your viewpoint may be accurate, as women of african ancestry who have more "white" facial features tend to be viewed as more beautiful(halle berry comes to mind immediately.

but with men.....say dudes like tyson beckford or will smith......nothing really "white" about it.

Damn
My nose is too long for my ears and too wide for my face width
Face is too narrow/too long
tired.gif

btw wouldn't most people of asian/african ancestry get a "nose is too wide" penalty? this is ridiculous.

This Anaface program essentially gives you higher marks of beauty if your features are more in line with European features, and lower marks of beauty the more you deviate from that standard of beauty, and progress towards Afro-centric features.

As sad as it is, you can't deny the fact that, from a sociological standpoint, this program is both amazing and fascinating because it clearly shows that "white-ness" or "white-features" are the standard of beauty in this country. A program that ranks beauty on basis of affinity to European features...marvelous huh...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

slight overreaction imo......more like it (poorly) measures the attractiveness of a white face but is not as accurate for other racial groups?

with women your viewpoint may be accurate, as women of african ancestry who have more "white" facial features tend to be viewed as more beautiful (halle berry comes to mind immediately.

but with men.....say dudes like tyson beckford or will smith......nothing really "white" about it.

I dont know about Tyson Beckford, but Will Smith...

6fw9xe.jpg

And he's supposed to be a GOOD-LOOKING brotha...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

I also did Denzel, and he fared lower...

But for the sake of argument, let's say you put Tyson in this program...I am quite sure he'd get a good score because the truth is, TB doesn't haveoverly dominant African features. I mean in all honesty, his lips (no 'mo) are probably the one feature that fit the afro-centric look/stereotype. His eyesare actually also very Afro-centric but the western world would associate these with an Oriental origin--and in his case, they would be correct considering heis part Asian. Point is, dude doesn't exude features that would immediately be deemed Afro-centric, imo. And perhaps, quite possibly, the minimal to lackof said features is the very reason why he's been embraced and achieved a level of unprecedented success in a wholly"white-professional-space"--a space where the ideals of beauty are more often than not, conveyed by those of European origin and ancestry.

tyson_beckford.jpg

Originally Posted by Kim1

Damn
My nose is too long for my ears and too wide for my face width
Face is too narrow/too long
tired.gif
pic or scrn cap hun.

European look huh?

avpq3l.png

for those of you who thinks he looks familiar...

ralph-lauren-polo-black.jpg

Face of Polo

What about us whites , ever see our lips ?? Exactly neither have I...........

I got a lower than average grading. It is not like it told me anything I did not know beforehand anyways. I agree with it.

Isn't this supposed to measure your looks based on how symmetric your face is? Supposedly, the more symmetric your face is, the more you are considered tobe attractive.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

with women your viewpoint may be accurate, as women of african ancestry who have more "white" facial features tend to be viewed as more beautiful (halle berry comes to mind immediately.

I dont know about Tyson Beckford, but Will Smith...

6fw9xe.jpg

And he's supposed to be a GOOD-LOOKING brotha...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
tired.gif

I also did Denzel, and he fared lower...

But for the sake of argument, let's say you put Tyson in this program...I am quite sure he'd get a good score because the truth is, TB doesn't have overly dominant African features. I mean in all honesty, his lips (no 'mo) are probably the one feature that fit the afro-centric look/stereotype. His eyes are actually also very Afro-centric but the western world would associate these with an Oriental origin--and in his case, they would be correct considering he is part Asian. Point is, dude doesn't exude features that would immediately be deemed Afro-centric, imo. And perhaps, quite possibly, the minimal to lack of said features is the very reason why he's been embraced and achieved a level of unprecedented success in a wholly "white-professional-space"--a space where the ideals of beauty are more often than not, conveyed by those of European origin and ancestry.

tyson_beckford.jpg

tyson-beckford.jpg

looks pretty black to me.....obviously there are men with more prominent african features, but he certainly isn't european-looking in the slightest to me.

laugh.gif
@ will smith

either way though, i pretty much agree with you.....the reasons for tyson beckford's success, etc. are not really relevant to the thread....but just anfyi he started modeling because he was discovered by the magazine "the source" i believe? not exactly a white publication with a white audience.just sayin

Oh, I didn't know you have to put the points in certain places... I was just clicking all over the place... I gotta read directions correctly.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I got a lower than average grading. It is not like it told me anything I did not know beforehand anyways. I agree with it.

Isn't this supposed to measure your looks based on how symmetric your face is? Supposedly, the more symmetric your face is, the more you are considered to be attractive.
yeah there's a correlation between the two for sure.

the other thing about this program that gets me is......"horizontal symmetry"

everyone's getting marked off for it not because their faces aren't horizontally symmetric, but because the picture and/or their heads are slightlytilted.

stupid.

Originally Posted by r0biiin

Oh, I didn't know you have to put the points in certain places... I was just clicking all over the place... I gotta read directions correctly.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif

dead*

roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm a German/Russian Dude, and I got the nose to wide penalty as well.

Back
Top Bottom