WOW!!

i just hope this guy is found guilty by some court of law and that this madness does not go unpunished.

Originally Posted by Manglor

Hasn't it been established already that many fakes are made at the exact same factories that make the actual nike/jordan shoes in the first place?

I know this actual question is off-topic somewhat , but i am 99% sure that fakes are NOT produced in the SAME factory as real nike products. Fakes areproduced with the SAME OG shoe molds .. which keeps the overall shape/design very close to the og product , but materials end up being very close BUT different.. These shoe molds get traded in underground in China for thousands of dollars by certain chinese "mafia" type groups that control the whole"counterfiet" production market ..

Real Talk people .. bootlegging is a $500-600 BILLION DOLLAR per year industry (worldwide), and doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon , seeing ashow most of it originates from a corrupt, communist country (CHINA). In china , the monthly avg. income is 100-120 $ ... Export fake goods , and you can makemore than that in a week.. its not going to stop anytime soon.

just did a little research on this n..i..k..e.. ebay seller ...

here is another "PROTOTYPE" that was up for auction on Feb 25th ...i didn't see these shoes posted in here , and don't know if they are legitor not , but thought some would be interested ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKE-AIR-JORDAN...ryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dude put Beaverton as the item location
roll.gif

heres a pic from the auction

Originally Posted by SoLeSuPrEmE

Originally Posted by Ace3han

look who bought it

This is the one of the last completed auctions for n..i..k..e.

That's one of the pairs, that definitely raised a bunch of eyebrows. They tongue on those was swapped, with a Black/Red pair. The released Black/Toe's had a White Tongue, for years people have questioned the existence of the Black Tongue on the pair MJ wore in the Jumpman pose. I guess Lu went on a mission to invent that.
I think we also have to look at the condition of the shoes and the fact that the lettering on the inside is perfect? if MJ actually wore those thesize lettering would have worn off somewhat...im sure for anyone that owns a pair of og 1s knows that the lettering wears off easily...

just another thought..

im with Manglor ...... why is this soooo much more of a big deal than every other pair of fakes on ebay and everywhere else?

100 pairs at $1,000 per pair is $100,000

1,000 pairs at $100 per pair is $100,000

there is no difference to me. this is soo much more of a big deal because the people getting screwed are so called "GREAT" collectors and members ofniketalk and such?

these are the same guys that have known and notified each other that this was going on. why couldnt they notify the rest of us???????
they look out for their own and didnt care about anyone else who may have saved up to buy a pair of these.

why didnt any of these "great" collectors start this post a long time ago?? guys like Rahjelli and others post crap telling others to be careful and "hints" and such. obviously he and these others all knew this stuff already.

these people didnt care about tens of thousands of other members here, so why should I or we care about them???

you know all thats gonna happen is lu and all the others will lay low for a while and surface with dif fronts and names...
and nobody will ever know...failed once, they will be back

I just read the entire thread and "WOW" is definitely an appropriate title.
ghettocat,It seems there are a bunch of reasons this situation is being considered such a big deal in comparisonwith the regular fake situation. For one, this is new evolution in fakes. Fakes are usually relatively easy to tell apart from authentic sneakers if you areknowledgeable about kicks. Also, PEs, prototypes, etc. are not regularly faked. Another thing, these kicks are not fully fake. They are combinations ofauthentic models with modifications and new "detailing." The people that were fooled are also extremely knowledgeable collectors, not regular shmoes.This isn't a perfect analogy, but it's the difference between fooling a regular person with a counterfeit $20 bill and an official form a major bank.When experts or people considered to be experts start getting fooled, things become a lot scarier. You think "if the people who are supposed to know aboutthese things can be tricked, can't anyone?" It appears there was also massive amounts of money changing hands considering the limited amount of itemsinvolved. I know $100,000 is $100,000 in the end, but there is a difference if that money is made off of 50 sneakers sold to experts instead of 5,000 sneakerssold to people who know nothing.

I honestly hope that Nike and government officials get involved even if everyone who was frauded gets there money back. This is fraud on a significant scale(even though it may "just be sneakers") and the guilty party (or parties) should be dealt with accordingly.

Originally Posted by KampoutKid

word..when the +#%* were you guys planning on saying something?

Same question I asked on pg 24 and other members have asked
A thread should've been made for ALL to see and they could've simply PM'ed thethread to their friends from there

Both sides involved are looking pretty lame right now and I don't feel afraid to say that
tired.gif

why is this soooo much more of a big deal than every other pair of fakes on ebay and everywhere else?
It's because these guys have money and consider themselves the experts of collecting so they think they are above this happening to them.I really don't understand why no blame is being put on the buyers!! These idiots put out thousands of dollars forshoes they had no real info on. This only happened because now everyone just wants what is rare. Everybody wants something the next guy cant have.
when the +#%* were you guys planning on saying something?

We all know they were never gonna say anything. I think the only reason they did was to expose this Screech guy who they obviously did not like.If it was not for that people would still be getting ripped off.

Originally Posted by OGskinnyJ

what if dude never even started this thread..there would be all these fake og's being sold..

shame on the people who knew about this and didnt do anything before the people got took.

and it seems like some of the cats who tried to step in and play knight in shining armor are to blame to.

write me off cause u think im a newb, buts thats the truth.
indifferent.gif
said that days ago, still feel the same way..
indifferent.gif

its da truth..... cuz at da end of da day, payin G money for prototypes, and then gettin mad when this LU character is basically makin these prototypesoutta thin air
laugh.gif

cuz like i said earlier...in essence, they're all real...and i mean, who wouldn't want to upgrade soles to icy.. and isn't da uppers stillauthentic?

lemme make something funny....if michael jordan signed any of those "doctored shoes" then none of it would've mattered.

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

what if dude never even started this thread..there would be all these fake og's being sold..

shame on the people who knew about this and didnt do anything before the people got took.

and it seems like some of the cats who tried to step in and play knight in shining armor are to blame to.

write me off cause u think im a newb, buts thats the truth.
indifferent.gif
said that days ago, still feel the same way..
indifferent.gif

its da truth..... cuz at da end of da day, payin G money for prototypes, and then gettin mad when this LU character is basically makin these prototypes outta thin air
laugh.gif

cuz like i said earlier...in essence, they're all real...and i mean, who wouldn't want to upgrade soles to icy.. and isn't da uppers still authentic?

lemme make something funny....if michael jordan signed any of those "doctored shoes" then none of it would've mattered.
That would be fine Ninjahood, the only problem was that they were trying to get passed as OG+PEs

But I do wonder that if this thread never came up, would anyone have came out and said anything?

Again, it's the principle. I don't appreciate cats tearing up a pair of OG shoes that are few and far in between out there. OG's are expensiveenough...why tear them to shreds and ruin something sacred in return for $? OG's are becoming an endangered species of shoes and obviously recreatingsomething doesn't make it OG. Again, it's wrong to doctor these shoes and then pass them off to an unsuspecting collector as authentic...Period!

This is not about experts or thousands being spent. Everyone on this board will pay a few gees if they can do it. To prove my point: would you buy a $3,000shoe if you make $250,000 a year. How about a million per year? It is not about trying to discredit somebody. If he wants to restore his credibility that wouldbe easy. Post pics of the shoe. I mean detailed pics of every possible angle and let the people decide. Why hasn't he done that?
Whoever bought that shoe should also post. Say if it is legit or not and show pics. If he really did sell it. I find it hard to believe that you would not sella shoe for $21,000.
So just some ideas fellas.

playmaker09 agreed..

kind of scary thought... But what if this post, and all the ideas made famous by "lu", are seen by the wrong eyes and give new ideas to fake shoedistributors/"doctors" like Lu? I mean the whole idea of revamping an already authentic shoe, but changing minor details to make it a PE or sample...makes me really uneasy.
frown.gif

I really hope this entire post will help people look out for new levels of Fakes because theyre probably out there already or if not, they will be after thisincident.

Originally Posted by Sneakerboy13

playmaker09 agreed..

kind of scary thought... But what if this post, and all the ideas made famous by "lu", are seen by the wrong eyes and give new ideas to fake shoe distributors/"doctors" like Lu? I mean the whole idea of revamping an already authentic shoe, but changing minor details to make it a PE or sample... makes me really uneasy.
frown.gif

I really hope this entire post will help people look out for new levels of Fakes because theyre probably out there already or if not, they will be after this incident.
Not that I'm happy to say this but there will always be "Lu's" out there ready to do this. In a world of billions of people, the oddsare extremely high for another person to try this, although I don't like saying that. Just take a look at all the various fakes from various differentfactories in the world...so it's just unfortunate but people will definitely have to look out more than ever.

It's only a matter of time until this moves from PE's to regular OG's

Piecing together OG's to make them look newer, it's prolly already in progress tho

Lu's prolly already doing it too, I dunno, didn't read the whole thread

I'm not going to get on some of you all's level here, I just got a little to say.

I haven't been here (on this post) because Ihave felt like you dudes have been out with the pitch forks and anything I said would have been on def ears and a cold heart.

I was the middle man for selling one shoe, to one person on this board. Dill! He is the only one I owe any response to.
I have talked to him, we are cool and all efforts are being made to get him money he shed out back. Thats out of my own pocket. I made $100 from Dill on those, that he also knew about and was up front with. I soldthem to him because I couldn't afford them or Iwould for sure still have them myself. Other thanthat I also sold them to move on to the next available shoe, that I could afford. I fell victim to and payed alot for that next pair myself, I also still own them.

Maybe if the others that knew about this for a while would have spread the word this entire thing would have been nipped in the bud. Who really is to blame?Maybe if that would have happened my name wouldnt be in this post at all. I wouldnt be scrapping my rep off the NT floors, and I wouldnt be shelling out moneyfrom my own pocket to repay someone. Hey Sole is the date on the email from Lu you posted 9/27/07, I cant tell?

Alot of you have a bad perception on things toward me and are judging me due to associations, assumptions, and also some false stories. Anyone of you could have been me on here rightnow.

My dad always told me dont let what you dont know confuse what you do.
Most of you guys dont know alot, some of you know a little, but none of you know what was told to me and what foundations it had at the time, place or thecontext. Dont let what you dont know confuse that you do know that I have been a solid member of this board, that I have given alot back, helped othercollectors, encouraged younger collectors, been informative and fair and reasonable to anyone that is fair and reasonable with me. I have also given some ofyou the benefit of the doubt and support during some of your hard times in the past and helped some of you through it.

I love NT and still do. I am married, work 2 Jobs, have 2 kids, a house and all that comes with that. You dont see me on here to often anymore cause I donthave time for it, much less thinking out elabrate ways to make an extra $100. Theres not many people here that have a 100% flawless shoe life over the years. Ihave been here for 5 years and reading for 7. I have seen, read, and experienced some of those in-discrepancies and have never judged without hearing bothsides or without giving the benefit of the doubt first.

Another thing~ Bringing up my 4000th post from 6 months ago, in sneaker showcase wasnt right either. What was the purpose of that, to dis-credit me, try tocall shoes fake that I had before any knowledge of anything in this post. Maybe you need bash some more in another post since some of the crap is gettingdeleted from this one? That post was made 6 months ago long before I even heard the name Lu. Most of the shoes were obtained at least a year or so back even.

Thank you to those that said a little something on my behalf. I am happy that there are some people that know me well enough to speak on behalf of myintegrity as a man and understanding of my love for shoes.

Take this for what its worth.This is all I have to say and I will not be answering questions.

^^Thanks for clearing up some confusion, Joe.
I do agree to a certain extent that those who turned a blind eye to the situation are to blame, but this is certainly no more wrong than the thousands of fakesbeing sold on ebay right now. Just beacuse a few more dollars are being thrown around dosent mean that these guys should be hanged for crimes against humanity.
The PE game is a lil too risky and pricey for my taste, but then again what do I know.
What good is a shoe to me if I cant wear them???

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Again, it's the principle. I don't appreciate cats tearing up a pair of OG shoes that are few and far in between out there. OG's are expensive enough...why tear them to shreds and ruin something sacred in return for $? OG's are becoming an endangered species of shoes and obviously recreating something doesn't make it OG. Again, it's wrong to doctor these shoes and then pass them off to an unsuspecting collector as authentic...Period!

That is what gets me MAD the most!!!
mad.gif
I would love to have a an OGpair of I and to think that this dude Lu is is playing nip/tuck with them. It is a total lack of respect.

Has it clicked with anyone that Lu is Retired-Jordans??? Just look at his collection pictureon Page 8... I can't think of anyone else that has or had a lineup of PRISTINE OG I'S like that...

And it's obvious that Screech has learned from Retired-Jordans, maybe as a MENTOR to him??? It's well known that Screech isyoung, and I do remember correcting him on one of the tags on his #23 Maroon VI's he had on Ebay awhile ago...

I'm not sure if this has been posted, I have only read the first 10 pages so far of this post... My sympathies go out tothose that have been screwed by Lu...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Joerdan23

I was the middle man for selling one shoe, to one person on this board. Dill! He is the only one I owe any response to.
people are still wondering how you didn't think anything of the jordan 6/7 hybrid?

Not all hybrids are fake. For example the 10/9 hybrids Joe has are real.

Lu manipulated the situation as many people don't know for sure what JB made during that time period. Collecting wasn't as in depth as it is today. Ifpeople that were aware of the situation came forward a lot of this could have been avoided.

I think we should forget about this whole situation, Im sure if nike would have really truly cared about it they would have put an end to this already. Now imnot saying that they don't care but i don't that they pay much mind to it based on the fact that they aren't losing money on these og shoes. Now ifthese are really being sewn together at a nike factory then it should become of greater concern. If and when they do get this Lu guy, whats to stop someoneelse he is affiliated with to continue this operation. Im pretty sure he is probably aware now of all thats going on and has to have gotten someone else topick up where he left off incase he is found.

now that i really think of it i remember seeing a picture of the backs of about 15 pairs of OG I's lined up with a "retired jordans" tag in whitetyped on the lower side of the picture. hmm

Back
Top Bottom