Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

Regal and JR bigging up Tanahashi on commentary last night was appreciated.

I know injuries and the travel from Japan played a part but the build to the ppv has been sloppy. On paper it'll be some great wrestling. But having an "out" with all these multi men matches just doesn't give it a big ppv feel.

FTR set up to win the IWGP tag titles though :smokin

The matches will all be entertaining I’m sure. But without the stuff DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican mentioned, there’s really no emotional attachment to anything on the card.

TK doesn't seem to get THAT.

Sure, YOUR audience is cool with, "Good matches" but if you want your product to grow, it has to be more than The "WorkRate Company."

TK doesn't seem to get THAT.

Sure, YOUR audience is cool with, "Good matches" but if you want your product to grow, it has to be more than The "WorkRate Company."

What if he just wants to bring the wrestling he enjoys to a wider audience with a more polished presentation style?

AEW isn’t perfect but has there been a better weekly show than Dynamite aside from 97-98 Nitro?

What if he just wants to bring the wrestling he enjoys to a wider audience with a more polished presentation style?

AEW isn’t perfect but has there been a better weekly show than Dynamite aside from 97-98 Nitro?

I'm not sure how much more that audience can grow by SIMPLY being the , "Pro Wrestling" fed.

He is a son of a billionaire so, it could just be his pet project but I think anyone that puts their product on TV has hopes of growing their audience from just hardcore fans to a more inclusive crowd.

Smackdown from 00-04 > current AEW.
Smackdown 03-05 > current AEW ( And I'm not even a WWE dude)

Regal and JR bigging up Tanahashi on commentary last night was appreciated.

I know injuries and the travel from Japan played a part but the build to the ppv has been sloppy. On paper it'll be some great wrestling. But having an "out" with all these multi men matches just doesn't give it a big ppv feel.

FTR set up to win the IWGP tag titles though :smokin
i think ftr gets the iwgp tag titles and tanahashi gets the interim world title then fueds with punk or omega

I'm not sure how much more that audience can grow by SIMPLY being the , "Pro Wrestling" fed.

He is a son of a billionaire so, it could just be his pet project but I think anyone that puts their product on TV has hopes of growing their audience from just hardcore fans to a more inclusive crowd.

Smackdown from 00-04 > current AEW.
Smackdown 03-05 > current AEW ( And I'm not even a WWE dude)
I don’t think “Indy Pro Wrestling” has ever been presented this well. I’m willing to give it time to grow and catch on because it’s something new to the mainstream audience but I’ll take the weekly match quality over any weekly show ever.

I have nothing bad to say about Smackdown 00-04 except for the criminal treatment of Raven and Saturn.

I don’t think “Indy Pro Wrestling” has ever been presented this well. I’m willing to give it time to grow and catch on because it’s something new to the mainstream audience but I’ll take the weekly match quality over any weekly show ever.

I have nothing bad to say about Smackdown 00-04 except for the criminal treatment of Raven and Saturn.

How WOULD you say "Indy Pro Wrestling" has traditionally been presented?

When I say Indy, I am strictly referring to Workrate taking precedence over Storylines.

How WOULD you say "Indy Pro Wrestling" has traditionally been presented?

When I say Indy, I am strictly referring to Workrate taking precedence over Storylines.
That’s what I mean too and it HASN’T been presented to a National audience unless you count NXT. Admittedly I don’t take much interest in storylines as I don’t find them interesting or memorable.

That’s what I mean too and it HASN’T been presented to a National audience unless you count NXT. Admittedly I don’t take much interest in storylines as I don’t find them interesting or memorable.

Yea, I was going to bring up Prime NXT as being an era in which "Indy Wrestling" was presented in a proper way.

Without NXT opening the doors, AEW wouldn't exist.

Morning NT jaboronis...I was fortunate enough to not have to work for 1 year, but im back cause yall miss me. You slapnuts

giphy.gif
SLAPNUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeff-jarrett-entrance.gif

guitar-shot-dead.gif

A better booker would have done a better build with the additional NJPW talent at hand.
Rainmaker looked a bit awkward.
Marina Shafir gets another Dynamite match after the TR ****show? Come on man there's better talent that could be on TV. She belongs on Youtube. How can she be this green after all this time?
Feel the same way about Sasha and Brit.

Bolded part is kinda wild TO ME.
I can reel off an endless amount of great wrestling matches That stand out in my mind some I’ve watched multiple times…. I don’t remember the build up to any of them. I understand that I’m in the minority in this sub but I’m only in for the in ring product and characters /wrestlers that appeal to me . Wrestling stories even at their best are CW level television imo

Back
Top Bottom