Wrestling Thread April 18-26/ RIP Chyna passed away at 45

Trying to figure out how to word this correctly, but I feel like the NXT Takeover for SummerSlam weekend is going to be the last one that I would REALLY be interested in, and would probably skip the one in Orlando for WM weekend. By that time, Finn, Nakamura, Joe, Bayley, American Alpha and Oscar may all be called up...I guess that they will always replenish NXT with more Indy dudes, but haven't they pretty much already grabbed the cream of the crop?

Ricochet, Chris Hero, Adam Cole, Okada, Zack Sabre Jr, Drew Gulak, Timothy Thatcher, Matt Riddle, Kenny Omega, Young Bucks , Jay Lethal, Mia Yim

Plenty of good talent out there still. Plus you still got Biff Busick, Rich Swann, LA Sombra, TMDK, Athena all stashed away till they're ready for TV. Also got Bobby Roode and possibly Kota Ibushi incoming as well. Also all the TE people they signed

Last edited:
Trying to figure out how to word this correctly, but I feel like the NXT Takeover for SummerSlam weekend is going to be the last one that I would REALLY be interested in, and would probably skip the one in Orlando for WM weekend. By that time, Finn, Nakamura, Joe, Bayley, American Alpha and Oscar may all be called up...I guess that they will always replenish NXT with more Indy dudes, but haven't they pretty much already grabbed the cream of the crop?
I get what you are saying but honestly, I felt the same way like 4 takeovers ago. When Sami beat Neville for the belt and Kevin Owens was coming in.

And look at them now.

It is still so much unsigned talent around the world man to make that claim

Last edited:

You can watch NTWT favorites Austin Aries and Bobby Roode go at it

Dont forget eric young

I got a feeling nxt will be flooded with former tna wrestlers by summerslam

Per the Observer

"It appears his role on top will be different from John Cena. Cena would laugh and smile at people who booed him. Reigns is going to be more reactive it seems, including yelling back and swearing at the vocal ringsiders, so long as a camera isn’t there to capture it. His role is now the world champion and he’s not turning heel, but he’s the old-school champion like Dory Funk Jr., Jack Brisco or Lou Thesz in the sense they become heels because they defend against faces with the psychology fans want to see a title change. But they never behaved themselves like heels, and just did a few subtle things in the matches to play that role.
Reigns was mouthing stuff with his back to the camera at some ringside fans when they heckled him saying “I run this *****.” He did something similar off camera at Mania, as ringsiders were booing him heavily as he was leaving the ring after the show, and he said, “This is my motherf***ing house, *******.”

You've already seen that though. Sext/Nakamura is new and unseen and that is exciting to think about.
This. Would also like to see Cesaro/Nakamura and a Brock/Nakamura rematch. They only faced once and it was before Nakamura was as charismatic.

-It’s no secret that the WrestleMania 32 card underwent several rounds of changes as a result of the injuries that have plagued WWE’s roster over the past 6 months.

In the latest Wrestling Observer, it was revealed that original plans called for Dean Ambrose to work a feud against Chris Jericho at the show. The proposed angle would have been Jericho teaming with Ambrose for a while before turning him, similar to what played out with AJ Styles.

When AJ signed with the company back in January, WWE changed gears and went with the Y2AJ storyline. Say what you want about Jericho getting the win at WrestleMania to cap off that rivalry, but AJ is now the #1 contender to WWE World Heavyweight champion Roman Reigns in a match that is scheduled for Extreme Rules.

In a minor spoiler for this week’s SmackDown, the seeds are planted for an eventual match between Ambrose and Jericho, so it appears WWE is now going in th

I see Vince gonna bury NJPW stars early, I'm sure AJ will get a rub but still Roman ain't dropping the belt to that jobber.

I see Vince gonna bury NJPW stars early, I'm sure AJ will get a rub but still Roman ain't dropping the belt to that jobber.

Having AJ lose to Reigns is nowhere close to being buried. Nobody even expected dude to be #1 contender this fast into his WWE career.

Meltzer Star Ratings for WrestleMania and NXT....

WM
US Title : *1/2
10 Woman Tag: **1/4
Usos-Dudleys: *1/2
IC Title: ****1/4
Jericho-AJ: ***3/4
LoN-New Day: **1/2
Lesnar-Ambrose: ***1/4
Women's Title: ****
Taker-Shane: **1/2
ARMBAR: *1/2
WWE Title: ***1/4

NXT
Tag Titles: ****
Aries-Corbin: **1/4
Nakamura-Zayn: ****1/2
Women's Title: ***3/4
NXT Title: ***1/2

-It’s no secret that the WrestleMania 32 card underwent several rounds of changes as a result of the injuries that have plagued WWE’s roster over the past 6 months.

In the latest Wrestling Observer, it was revealed that original plans called for Dean Ambrose to work a feud against Chris Jericho at the show. The proposed angle would have been Jericho teaming with Ambrose for a while before turning him, similar to what played out with AJ Styles.

When AJ signed with the company back in January, WWE changed gears and went with the Y2AJ storyline. Say what you want about Jericho getting the win at WrestleMania to cap off that rivalry, but AJ is now the #1 contender to WWE World Heavyweight champion Roman Reigns in a match that is scheduled for Extreme Rules.

In a minor spoiler for this week’s SmackDown, the seeds are planted for an eventual match between Ambrose and Jericho, so it appears WWE is now going in th

hello? fren?

22stylez 22stylez pls respond what is this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom