Wrestling Thread April 18-26/ RIP Chyna passed away at 45

Having AJ lose to Reigns is nowhere close to being buried. Nobody even expected dude to be #1 contender this fast into his WWE career.
I have zero faith in this company's creative so AJ getting a title shot this early spells trouble to me.

Also being the 1# contender doesn't mean much now due to how they book and trade losses. They're going to use the prestige of AJ's legacy to further RR, I don't see much more coming from it.

You've already seen that though. Sext/Nakamura is new and unseen and that is exciting to think about.

We have? How many times have they wrestled on the INDY scene?..Maybr a couple times? ..Id rather see KO/Naka in a series of matches than a program with Seth..

Meltzer Star Ratings for WrestleMania and NXT....

WM
US Title : *1/2
10 Woman Tag: **1/4
Usos-Dudleys: *1/2
IC Title: ****1/4
Jericho-AJ: ***3/4
LoN-New Day: **1/2
Lesnar-Ambrose: ***1/4
Women's Title: ****
Taker-Shane: **1/2
ARMBAR: *1/2
WWE Title: ***1/4

NXT
Tag Titles: ****
Aries-Corbin: **1/4
Nakamura-Zayn: ****1/2
Women's Title: ***3/4
NXT Title: ***1/2

Naka/zayn was easily a 5 star match. No way the ic title match was as good as that match if you go by his ratings.

hello? fren?

22stylez 22stylez pls respond what is this
tumblr_ny8easzwU01um13mro1_400.gif

tumblr_nar9fjTyTJ1rzvzs9o1_400.gif

You've already seen that though. Sext/Nakamura is new and unseen and that is exciting to think about.

We have? How many times have they wrestled on the INDY scene?..Maybr a couple times? ..Id rather see KO/Naka in a series of matches than a program with Seth..

You have only seen it a couple of times but it still has been done. I'm not saying they shouldn't ever go at it again and I am sure they will cross paths again once he is up on the main roster but I am more excited for a potential Rollins/Nakamura matchup.

Per the Observer
"It appears his role on top will be different from John Cena. Cena would laugh and smile at people who booed him. Reigns is going to be more reactive it seems, including yelling back and swearing at the vocal ringsiders, so long as a camera isn’t there to capture it. His role is now the world champion and he’s not turning heel, but he’s the old-school champion like Dory Funk Jr., Jack Brisco or Lou Thesz in the sense they become heels because they defend against faces with the psychology fans want to see a title change. But they never behaved themselves like heels, and just did a few subtle things in the matches to play that role.
Reigns was mouthing stuff with his back to the camera at some ringside fans when they heckled him saying “I run this *****.” He did something similar off camera at Mania, as ringsiders were booing him heavily as he was leaving the ring after the show, and he said, “This is my motherf***ing house, *******.”
Why not just turn him heel and have him do this exact same thing on TV?

Have him yelling back at the crowd smarks, spearing a little girl, etc.

because if they turn him heel now he's gonna get huge cheers and pops from the smark crowd. figure if they do it in arena with some sublety they may be able to draw cheers out of marks on camera and fool the in home audience into thinking it's genuine.

Per the Observer
"It appears his role on top will be different from John Cena. Cena would laugh and smile at people who booed him. Reigns is going to be more reactive it seems, including yelling back and swearing at the vocal ringsiders, so long as a camera isn’t there to capture it. His role is now the world champion and he’s not turning heel, but he’s the old-school champion like Dory Funk Jr., Jack Brisco or Lou Thesz in the sense they become heels because they defend against faces with the psychology fans want to see a title change. But they never behaved themselves like heels, and just did a few subtle things in the matches to play that role.

Reigns was mouthing stuff with his back to the camera at some ringside fans when they heckled him saying “I run this *****.” He did something similar off camera at Mania, as ringsiders were booing him heavily as he was leaving the ring after the show, and he said, “This is my motherf***ing house, *******.”

Because they still need him to do commercials having fake tea with his daughter?

Don't mind what they are doing with Reigns at all.

Also, AJ Styles losing a feud to Reigns right now would not be a bad thing for him. It would actually "legitimize" him more, IMO, and then likely set him up to go over in his following feud, likely against a top heel.

Meltzer Star Ratings for WrestleMania and NXT....

WM
US Title : *1/2
10 Woman Tag: **1/4
Usos-Dudleys: *1/2
IC Title: ****1/4
Jericho-AJ: ***3/4
LoN-New Day: **1/2
Lesnar-Ambrose: ***1/4
Women's Title: ****
Taker-Shane: **1/2
ARMBAR: *1/2
WWE Title: ***1/4

NXT
Tag Titles: ****
Aries-Corbin: **1/4
Nakamura-Zayn: ****1/2
Women's Title: ***3/4
NXT Title: ***1/2

Naka/zayn was easily a 5 star match. No way the ic title match was as good as that match if you go by his ratings.

Both main and NXT rosters are absolutely stacked now.

It'd be a shame if they waste it away.

Takes a lot for something to be 5 stars man.

Honestly, there was no "story" for that match. So I wouldn't say it was 5 stars off of that premise alone.

It was a very good match though

Back
Top Bottom