Wrestling Thread Aug 11-24 | 8/18 RAW - Brock DESTROYS Cena, New WWE Title Belt (Bye Big Gold)

Let's get back to this discussion. If Dean/Bray are the most complete wrestlers in the WWE right now, who could you put up there as Best in the World right now?

Let's do in-ring and total package. 

in-ring: like my dude @CelticsPride34  said, AJ Styles might be the best right now.

Total package: i really have no idea. Dean/Bray are up there but I don't know enough of other promotions to make that judgement. 

Best in the world right now?

All in contention

WWE: Punk/Daniel

NJPW: Tanahashi/Okada/Nakamura

Others can speak on those from other promotions

Best in the world right now?

All in contention

WWE: Punk/Daniel

NJPW: Tanahashi/Okada/Nakamura

Others can speak on those from other promotions
Forgot to mention, Punk is not a viable answer considering he hasn't wrestled in months. And exclude D-Bry since he's out. Plus, his mic work leaves something to be desired. 

Dare I say Cena is one of the most complete in the WWE right now? We all hate him, and I want to see his eyeballs gouged from an exposed metal in the turnbuckle, but he is a very solid wrestler. And when he's serious, he's a great promo guy as well. 

Hate to say it but he's the perfect dude to be the face of your billion dollar company. 

Dare I say Cena is one of the most complete in the WWE right now? We all hate him, and I want to see his eyeballs gouged from an exposed metal in the turnbuckle, but he is a very solid wrestler. And when he's serious, he's a great promo guy as well. 

Hate to say it but he's the perfect dude to be the face of your billion dollar company. 

when a guy is on top for 10 years ya can't knock it.

I can't put AJ Styles in after one tournament. He has been in the D-League for the last 10 years. He isn't going to pull a "Jeremy Lin" and all of a sudden start in the ASG the same year. If he cooks for NJPW for another year or so, we can put him on.

Talent there is of course. Top notch for sure. But others have been doing more on a bigger scale for longer.

Ok, No punk. No Bryan

@Toine2983

don't forget that this build is probably SO old. So what you see in this video probably is nowhere near what the current state of the game is. So honestly, don't even pay much attention to what you see.

I can't give Cena the best overall of anything, being that 10+ years in he still sells like Eva Marie, and just flat out looks bad doing certain moves. He can definitely step it up big (vs Edge, Angle, Rock, HHH, Bryan, Punk), but Jesus, its so laughable watching him in the ring sometimes :lol:

Can't believe this dude DC compared AJ Styles to Jeremy Lin 
laugh.gif

Just listened to review a wai Summer Slam 94

Pollock was about to loose it describing the Taker vs Taker match :lol: straight lulz

Just listened to review a wai Summer Slam 94

Pollock was about to loose it describing the Taker vs Taker match :lol: straight lulz

Listening to that right now and ended right at that part :lol:

I was listening to their WCW Sin 2001 review yesterday and both them dudes were dyin' talking about the Shane Douglas/ General Huge E. Rection match when the announcers thought he was going to do a moonsault to grab the chain hanging above middle of the rim :rofl:

Top 5 promo men:

1. Flair
2. Jake
3. Mrs. Foley's baby boy
4. Austin
5. The Enforcer

I tend to like more serious promos over the comedy stuff of The Rock..But I still put him just outside my top 5..

I saw couple put Phil in their top 5 which makes me wonder this..Is Punk really a top 5 promo guy because he was that damn good, or because everyone else during his run was that damn bad?..Think about it..

1. Man just started listening to the Ken Shamrock/Stone Cold podcasts. What theeeee hell? Man this is entertaining for ANYONE. My god man.

2. Yall said the Sting joints weren't worth listening to right? If not I won't waste my time

3. I like keeping track of stuff. I will be keeping track of all the good podcasts I hear. I will keep it in my sig for those that care.

So no ones gon say Raven for promos? :smh:

I love Raven's promos..And I love Taz's promos too..But both were only delivering those great promos in ECW and for a brief period of time..Flair, Austin, Foley, etc etc were doing it for much longer and doing it every week on 1 or 2 shows..

Top 5 promo men:

1. Flair
2. Jake
3. Mrs. Foley's baby boy
4. Austin
5. The Enforcer

I tend to like more serious promos over the comedy stuff of The Rock..But I still put him just outside my top 5..

I saw couple put Phil in their top 5 which makes me wonder this..Is Punk really a top 5 promo guy because he was that damn good, or because everyone else during his run was that damn bad?..Think about it..

He was that damn good. Every single time he cut a promo, you knew you were in for a treat. Same with how Dean is now.

His promos leading up to the MITB 2011 match with Cena were amazing. Calling him Jeter and Vince Steinbrenner when Cena from Boston. Cot damn

Anyone see the summerfest commercial? Caught this on tv and will admit I'm pumped for Brock to wash cena

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom