Wrestling Thread Aug 11-24 | 8/18 RAW - Brock DESTROYS Cena, New WWE Title Belt (Bye Big Gold)

They're really strapping the rocket on this dude's back. After his promo with Renee on Monday I was done with dude. He was the worst of the Shield trio by far.

I personally don't get the Dean Ambrose hype. That's just me. Cats in here calling him the next SCSA. Dude just comes off as an erratic oddball.

I personally don't get the Dean Ambrose hype. That's just me. Cats in here calling him the next SCSA. Dude just comes off as an erratic oddball.
I do agree with this somewhat. He's good, and a pleasant change from what we've seen over the last few years, but I think people have begun to hype him at crazy levels.

"I'm every bit as good as they say I am"

Believe the hype on Dean fellas. When they let him go, he can go 
pimp.gif

Somehow dude made me think the US title is more important than the WWE title. And I believed it 
laugh.gif

I love Raven's promos..And I love Taz's promos too..But both were only delivering those great promos in ECW and for a brief period of time..Flair, Austin, Foley, etc etc were doing it for much longer and doing it every week on 1 or 2 shows..

I agree when you put it like that but no one besides Heyman gave Raven the opportunity to do his thing. His stuff in TNA & ROH was cool too

Beadle, DC's arch nemesis.
laugh.gif

@Toine2983

don't forget that this build is probably SO old. So what you see in this video probably is nowhere near what the current state of the game is. So honestly, don't even pay much attention to what you see.
I wasn't knocking the gameplay footage or anything. Just noticed that the ring is smaller compared to previous. Hard to take away any impressions good or bad from that vid due to the quality and how dude was playing.

The wrestler models look good though. Looking forward to seeing how other wrestler look with on the new current gen consoles.

Best thing AJ has done in a long time?

Not resign with TNA

"A.J. Styles was on Observer radio this past week and noted that with New Japan, he’s already made more this year than he would have for all of 2014 on the deal that TNA had offered him to stay. He said he would come close to what he made in TNA in 2013. Styles earned in the neighborhood of $350,000 on his last TNA contract, but his offer for 2014 was more ambiguous, based on dates and other things but it appeared to be worth a little over $200,000, which he turned down. I’m not sure how he was figuring in things like expenses and merchandise. On the indies, the general rule is they pay for your hotel, and there is someone to take care of transportation, plus you keep most if not all of your merchandise money. In TNA, wrestlers pay their road expenses and only get a small percentage of their merchandise money."

How deep was GM Mode in Raw vs. SMackdown 2006? How does it compare to this? - http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/927675-fire-pro-wrestling-returns/faqs/44770

This is something I want to see in a wrestling game

Booking Talent

The general rule of thumb to remember is, whatever federation you picked to
book under, you get two perks.

A. Complete access to their roster. Everyone from main eventer to jobber is
yours to use.

B. Discounted rates. Every wrestler under the banner you've chosen sets their
lowest price for you to book them at.

Now unlike Management of The Ring in FFPW, you're not stuck to booking just
who've you got under contract. You can book anyone else who offers themselves
to your fed from another federation. It's possible to book an entire M-Pro card
for instance with NOTHING but outside talent! Of course, outside workers rates
will be higher, but sometimes they add an added boost to your federation via
popularity, charisma, or just their ring style.

When you first start off, other federations will only offer their lower card
workers for you to book. Some federations won't offer you any workers at all.
As you book for other federations, book larger arenas, and turn cards into
box-office successes; more workers will offer themselves to you. By the time
your year ends, it is possible to book everyone in the Fire Pro universe for
any promotion you want if you play your cards right :smile:

Also, watch for the last three statistics listed for every wrestler.

First Letter (S-E) - The popularity of the wrestler. S is best, E is worst.
This is important if you want fans coming to the shows, because it shows how
much of a draw they are.

Second Letter (S-E) - Letters work as listed above. The charisma of the
wrestler. This controls how much they can engage the crowd in a match. Helps
the match ratings, which are important if you want to PLEASE the fans that show
up. They can have no charisma and still put on a good match, but they just have
to work harder :tongue:

Booking Cost - How much it will cost to book the worker.

Follow the steps and repeat as necessary until you have as little or as much of
the card booked as you want. You can have a one match show if you want,
although I wouldn't recommend it. Also, you don't necessarily have to book
EVERY match on the card. It's all up to you and what you see as profitable and
able to draw.

When you have completed your card, pick the confirm option at the very bottom
or press start and select "OK".

Last edited:
He was that damn good. Every single time he cut a promo, you knew you were in for a treat. Same with how Dean is now.

His promos leading up to the MITB 2011 match with Cena were amazing. Calling him Jeter and Vince Steinbrenner when Cena from Boston. Cot damn

I'm not saying he didn't drop some gems..But they aren't on Flair/Austin/Rock/Foley level..I mean everyone still hypes up his "infamous pipe bomb", but if you really listen it's something that would've been a good promo at best during the Attitude/ECW Era..

I like Jeans, but I'm definitely not saying he's anywhere close to SCSA..And I personally don't think when it's all said and done that he'll ever be in Stunning Steve's league..

Back
Top Bottom