Wrestling Thread Aug 12-25 | 8/19 RAW -SS Fallout- Bryan d Cena, Orton Corp Champ, Brock Kills Punk

Ziggler needs a big push. I think he has bigger star potential than Bryan.

Bryan is great in the ring, but has no mic skills. He doesn't have the personality of a big star.

Randy Oron only follows one person on Twitter and it happens to be JoJo. Either he's a major simp or it's just a publicity stunt for the show.

Ziggler needs a big push. I think he has bigger star potential than Bryan.

Bryan is great in the ring, but has no mic skills. He doesn't have the personality of a big star.

I think the exact opposite.

No one has been more universally over than Bryan in recent years (Punk arguably). Everyone since the likes of Austin have been over with a certain portion of the audience, but Bryan is someone who is over with nearly everyone. And the thing is, he isn't just over in certain towns, he is over everywhere he goes.

As far as mic skills go, Bryan is better than Ziggler. Dolph says stuff in a "cooler" way, but Bryan's delivery always resonates better.

DB has the current every man appeal of Austin. Austin was a blue collar redneck everyman with a snooty corporate boss he flipped off and swore at. Add in his beer drinking and he was a smash hit.

Obviously Bryan is much more meta, and more specific to WWE itself today. But he's still an everyman defying expectations and going against the machine, and that's a story people will always love.

Ultimately, I could just never see Ziggler in Bryan's current spot. However, it would be cool to see him in the mix, or carrying the B-Brand. (Dolph's a B+ guy)

You're only seeing it that way because they actually gave Daniel Bryan a shot. Give Ziggler the same opportunity and he would do just as well if not better.

Last edited:
You're only seeing it that way because they actually gave Daniel Bryan a shot. Give Ziggler the same opportunity and he would flourish just as much if not better.

I had already considered that. Nope.

Also, I know everyone wants to see Cesaro wreck it. But he really hasn't been on the roster too long. He'll have his day. Cream always rises.

You're entitled into your own opinion. But Cesaro will always be a great Midcard guy to me. Sandow is more deserving of a push and has been long overdue IMO.

There's no question how far Bryan is over with the fans. I think wwe has booked this perfectly because I don't think Bryan has the personality to stay on top. He'll stay over on his chase to the belt, but I don't see him having much staying power. I don't see him being anywhere near star level like Austin, The Rock and so on.

There's no question how far Bryan is over with the fans. I think wwe has booked this perfectly because I don't think Bryan has the personality to stay on top. He'll stay over on his chase to the belt, but I don't see him having much staying power. I don't see him being anywhere near star level like Austin, The Rock and so on.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better. I doubt he will even be as big as Cena or CM Punk was and these guys are comparing him to the Rock and Stonecold. :lol: If anything, his run reminds me of the Miz when he was WWE champion.

Last edited:
Exactly, couldn't have said it better. I doubt he will even be as big as Cena or CM Punk was and these guys are comparing him to the Rock and Stonecold. :lol: If anything, his run reminds me of the Miz when he was WWE champion.

You're entitled to your opinion, too. However, you just compared one of the wrestlers of the past 10 years to The Miz. (Edit* I'll do a partial takeback since you did say current Run.)

I'm just saying I know how much your opinion weighs now.

Last edited:

You're entitled to your opinion, too. However, you just compared one of the wrestlers of the past 10 years to The Miz. (Edit* I'll do a partial takeback since you did say current Run.)

I'm just saying I know how much your opinion weighs now.

Of course Daniel Bryan is a bigger deal than The Miz was, it's just the momentum was kind of similar.

Comparing Bryan's run...to Miz? *jags fan gif*

Didn't realize how much the Bellas attacked each other on Total Divas, good lord :lol: :smh: "that's why that call you fat on twitter" "I'm not trying to look super skinny" LOL

1. Solid match between Generico and Cesaro, but match of year contention? Nah. Can't have a match of the year with these non-wrestling fans in the crowd sitting on their hands man. I need more crown involvement. Yea, I am dead serious. They were into it at the end but not enough for my liking. It was a solid match though. Typical internet hype though calling it MOTY contention.

2. Deuce brought up my man Zeus. Hahahah

3. I don't think UNdertaker is a monster. He really doesn't PUNISH his opponents like Vader and Brock do. He is more grace than anything. He can get down and dirty at times (HHH / HBK matches) but his profile doesn't even fit monster. His demeanor isn't "AHHHHHHHHHHH" enough.

Last edited:
1. Solid match between Generico and Cesaro, but match of year contention? Nah. Can't have a match of the year with these non-wrestling fans in the crowd sitting on their hands man. I need more crown involvement. Yea, I am dead serious. They were into it at the end but not enough for my liking. It was a solid match though. Typical internet hype though calling it MOTY contention.

2. Deuce brought up my man Zeus. Hahahah

3. I don't think UNdertaker is a monster. He really doesn't PUNISH his opponents like Vader and Brock do. He is more grace than anything. He can get down and dirty at times (HHH / HBK matches) but his profile doesn't even fit monster. His demeanor isn't "AHHHHHHHHHHH" enough.
1 Your dead wrong. A MOTY does not NEED crowd reaction. That match flowed perfectly and was highly entertaining. Have yet to see anytime this year as good.

2. IDK bout Zesus, but Debo mad scary.

3. What.... The..... Man you tripping. Taker was a MONSTER character meant to be a monster. He was only humanized after it was seen their was more money and entertainment in back in fourth battles. But when allowed and scripted, Taker was a AWESOME monster character that was genuine scary.

That Cesaro/Zayn match was good.

I still can't believe the way Cesaro delivers those European uppercuts to ppl falling in the air. :smh: Ouch!

Yeah you're tripping if you don't think Taker was a force to be reckoned with. He was the only dude I know who would legit give me nightmares. He was beyond a monster, more like a paranormal being.

Solid match between Generico and Cesaro, but match of year contention? Nah. Can't have a match of the year with these non-wrestling fans in the crowd sitting on their hands man. I need more crown involvement. Yea, I am dead serious. They were into it at the end but not enough for my liking. It was a solid match though. Typical internet hype though calling it MOTY contention.

I agree totally...and Cesaro is my favorite guy on the roster right now.

Fans just over react when they see something that's not typical to the WWE style.

I don't think UNdertaker is a monster. He really doesn't PUNISH his opponents like Vader and Brock do. He is more grace than anything. He can get down and dirty at times (HHH / HBK matches) but his profile doesn't even fit monster. His demeanor isn't "AHHHHHHHHHHH" enough.

I disagree totally.

He's been booked for years as the most intimidating guy in the business. He's had times where he didn't have that monstrous aura, but as a whole his persona definitely fits the bill.

I will say that Kane was truly the better, prototypical monster.

Last edited:
1 Your dead wrong. A MOTY does not NEED crowd reaction. That match flowed perfectly and was highly entertaining. Have yet to see anytime this year as good.

2. IDK bout Zesus, but Debo mad scary.

3. What.... The..... Man you tripping. Taker was a MONSTER character meant to be a monster. He was only humanized after it was seen their was more money and entertainment in back in fourth battles. But when allowed and scripted, Taker was a AWESOME monster character that was genuine scary.
1. What have you watched outside of WWE this year?
Did you watch Brock vs. Punk?
Cena vs. Punk?
Bryan vs. Orton (Kendo stick finish)
Any of the G1?

Plenty of matches were better. But it is all opinionated so we are entitled to our own opinions.

Crowd interaction definitely matters. Watch any of the matches that are deemed great and they have a common theme. Crowd involvement.

2. Nah it was just funny that Debo was brought up. And I think Deuce was serious too. Hahahahah

3. When I think of a MONSTER, I think of a physical brute. I look at style. As my man DangerousG said, Taker was more athletic and less power. Vader gave you power and athleticism. Umaga gave you both as well. Brock gave you both as well. Taker isn't/wasn't a physically DOMINATING wrestler. Spiritually/psychologically, sure. BUt he doesn't have a BRUISING style as a monster should have. I consider Mark Henry more of a MONSTER than Taker.

Taker is more of an ATTRACTION than a monster. I think that is the word some are thinking of.

His wrestling style isn't punishing at all. The most punishing he was when he was the Biker Dude

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom