Wrestling Thread Aug 12-25 | 8/19 RAW -SS Fallout- Bryan d Cena, Orton Corp Champ, Brock Kills Punk

- According to last night's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE has been discussing the idea of dropping the Hell in a Cell themed PPV after this year's event. It was noted that the Hell in a Cell match itself would not go away, but it would instead be used as a special match when needed on PPV and would not be a PPV itself. Discussion of dropping the Hell in a Cell PPV has taken place in the past.

- It was noted during last night's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, the WWE has been discussing the idea of holding next year's SummerSlam PPV at Madison Square Garden in NYC. MSG was the site of the first SummerSlam.

- CM Punk's outburst on Raw this week, directed at a fan that apparently got under Punk's skin, was not part of the script and was a genuine response from Punk.

In an update to this story, PWInsider.com is reporting that while WWE doesn't generally promote this type of on-air behavior from its babyfaces, there was said to be no heat on Punk following the segment. The feeling was that because the outburst elicited a great response from the crowd, and Paul Heyman was able to work it into his part of the segment so well, that it ended up adding a lot to the segment and the eventual Curtis Axel fight.

- Santa Clara, CA and Philadelphia, PA are the two frontrunners to host WWE WrestleMania in 2015 and 2016. The latest in this developing story is coming from Philly.com, which is noting that the city who loses the bid to host the PPV in 2015 will likely get the event in 2016.

Detroit, MI is also a top candidate for WrestleMania in 2016, and an official announcement from WWE concerning the event's 2015 location is expected early next year.

- Earlier today, AJ Styles posted an interesting question on his Facebook page, asking fans if they would like to see him remain in TNA, head to WWE, ROH or elsewhere.

In an update to this developing story, PWInsider.com is reporting that Styles' TNA contract is set to expire in September, and while there has been no confirmation that he is looking to leave the company, both Styles and TNA have yet to come to terms on a new deal, and very little has been attempted by TNA to get a new deal signed.

While this would not be the first time TNA has let top talent contracts expire before re-signing them to a new deal, examples being Bobby Roode, Devon and Samoa Joe, one would think TNA would go out of its way to make sure AJ Styles is re-signed, as he has been with the company since day one.

:smokin

View media item 549054

Makes TOO MUCH SENSE for WWE standards, though.

It does, that's why the most likely scenario in all of this is Daniel Bryan being Mick Foley to John Cenas SCSA. Dbry feuds with Orton all winter and fails. At Royal Rumble, John Cena returns as the conquering hero and takes down the corporation for good at WMXXX with Cena/Orton being the main event.

I feel sick just imagining the that scenario playing out :x

But yall know deep down that's probably how it's gonna play out :smh:

Yea, I don't see how Goldberg isn't getting any love either. He wasn't always a heel but dude was a beast no doubt...

- Earlier today, AJ Styles posted an interesting question on his Facebook page, asking fans if they would like to see him remain in TNA, head to WWE, ROH or elsewhere.

In an update to this developing story, PWInsider.com is reporting that Styles' TNA contract is set to expire in September, and while there has been no confirmation that he is looking to leave the company, both Styles and TNA have yet to come to terms on a new deal, and very little has been attempted by TNA to get a new deal signed.

While this would not be the first time TNA has let top talent contracts expire before re-signing them to a new deal, examples being Bobby Roode, Devon and Samoa Joe, one would think TNA would go out of its way to make sure AJ Styles is re-signed, as he has been with the company since day one.
Wouldn't mind seeing Styles in the WWE. Even at this point of his career. Make him a Heyman guy and have him feud with Punk.

Bruh..

i3yS9kuGeAjMy.gif

I've been staring at this gif for the last five minutes :wow:

wow

- According to last night's edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE has been discussing the idea of dropping the Hell in a Cell themed PPV after this year's event. It was noted that the Hell in a Cell match itself would not go away, but it would instead be used as a special match when needed on PPV and would not be a PPV itself. Discussion of dropping the Hell in a Cell PPV has taken place in the past.

The whole HITC PPV was pointless to begin with. The HITC match itself deserves to be a special/unique attraction that is only to be used in ending big time feuds.

- CM Punk's outburst on Raw this week, directed at a fan that apparently got under Punk's skin, was not part of the script and was a genuine response from Punk.

Teflon Punk! Anyways, dude looks like he's still burnt out. Maybe he needs more rest. I still wish he gets that main event gig at 'Mania though.

He should stay with TNA. I doubt that they'd let him go too. He's pretty much the face of TNA. And I think WWE never showed any interest in signing him anyways.

Vader, of course, is the correct answer..Dude was notorious for working stiff and, legitimately, had opponents shook when they found out he was their opponent..Plus he went to Japan and was dominant over there for quite awhile..He was a WCW, IWGP, and the Triple Crown world champion..To me that's more dominating than Kane or Brock Lesnar..
i guarantee Brock wouldnt put up with that overly stiff Vader style, not even from Vader himself.

probably drop him with a double leg before he can even raise his hand up for his V sign

What a ****** match man. My favorite thing was that Samoan Drop/Suplex into a bridge pin by Cesaro

All yall dudes wrong about the GOAT Monster wrestler. It can be only one man.....

IT'S THE YETTAY!!

Cesaro :smokin

I think HHH is still high on the dude so hopefully he gets his due soon. Hell, he can even join the McMahon's. Make him be a foil to D Bry. Their own ring tactician to counter D Bry.

Cesaro
smokin.gif

I think HHH is still high on the dude so hopefully he gets his due soon. Hell, he can even join the McMahon's. Make him be a foil to D Bry. Their own ring tactician to counter D Bry.
That would be a cool angle but of course if it makes sense.... WWE won't do it
mean.gif

Jo Jo from "Total Diva's" Dating Randy Orton?

Orton was her date at the red carpet party at SummerSlam. Also, in an upcoming episode of "Total Diva's," Jo Jo is sat down and told by others that at age 19, she shouldn't be dating guys in their 30's.

Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

:frown:

Back
Top Bottom