Wrestling Thread Aug 15-21 | 8/15 Raw - ADR Fulfills His Destiny as WWE Champ | SS Contest Results!

[table][tr][td]
File #15: Tony Schiavone
- Before Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo teamed up on the creative team, WCW aired a taped edition of Nitro that was basically a "best of" show. Announcer Tony Schiavone came out with the quote that the show was "a reminder of how good Nitro USED to be." You read that right, Schiavone outright admitted to the few loyal WCW fans left that Nitro used to be much better than what they were being forced to watch now. 

- In one of the funniest commentary cover-ups of all time, Stevie Ray and Lex Luger were having a discussion. Luger asked Stevie Ray if what he was about to say was between the two of them. Stevie Ray replied by saying "yes, and 5,000 viewers." Of course, even in these dying days the company had a lot more than 5,000 viewers. Tony Schiavone tried to cover by saying that Stevie meant "5,000 viewers in each house." Seriously. 
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

I like how in the days of social media and leaks that WWE was able to keep the return of Nash under wraps. I wish they could do that more often, I think it kills the excitement of surprises. I know it probably sells more tickets (announcing that The Rock is gonna be at SS) but seeing people show up without ANYONE knowing is pretty awesome.

- On August 10th, WWE filed to trademark the terms "Future Endeavored", "Future Endeavor" and "Mr. Future Endeavor."

I'm guessing this is for Laurenitis
laugh.gif

Create an arena looks great. I hope when can get use some of the old arenas as bases (Wrestlemania X-Seven, Armageddon, etc.)

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by Mcflyy

I like how in the days of social media and leaks that WWE was able to keep the return of Nash under wraps. I wish they could do that more often, I think it kills the excitement of surprises. I know it probably sells more tickets (announcing that The Rock is gonna be at SS) but seeing people show up without ANYONE knowing is pretty awesome.
Well the difference is that letting it be known that Nash is returning is the exact same thing as not letting it be known Nash is returning.  

^^^Yea Cannon got released like last week. Thank god, they were trying to force him on the crowd like Drew McIntyre when he first came in.
Dude is SO boring, but now he can be boring somewhere else.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

^^^Yea Cannon got released like last week. Thank god, they were trying to force him on the crowd like Drew McIntyre when he first came in.
Dude is SO boring, but now he can be boring somewhere else.

I feel bad because dude is on NT, but man, he really didn't have much going for him back on NXT (when I still actually watched).  His "heel turn" when he got eliminated was terrible.

Not like dude posted here since that thread... Still, sucks.

GregSansone Greg Sansone

This week marked the 2nd-highest rating ever for Monday Night Raw on theScore. #WWE
Nash? Rey Rey? Cena not champ

Just caught my DVR of Raw.

For anyone who said Nash "ethered" Punk, haha I wholeheartedly disagree.
I like Nash too, but dang.

Originally Posted by LanZeR23

Originally Posted by YardFather

Hey who all bought the new CM Punk T shirt?

There is something fishy about mine. I've bought shirts from WWE Shop before and they're usually pretty high quality shirts. I just got my Punk shirt in the mail today and the fabric is much thinner and cheaper than usual. Not only that but it's obvious that the tag has been cut off the shirt.

It's like WWE ran out of good tshirts and started printing on cheap %%$ Fruit of the Loom undershirts to meet the demand, and cut off the tags so nobody would know. But I aint no Lil Jimmy and I'm skeptical.

So if anyone on here who ordered the shirt can give me some feedback on the shirt they received (quality, tag, etc), please let me no so I can decided whether or not to send it back.
I got my shirt yesterday.
I believe that the CM Punk shirt is supposed to be made that way (cheap fabric and very thin, it feels like low end quality) I dont know what tag you mean but mine had the logo and it saying "WWE authentic" tag on the lower left (or right i cant remember ) side of the shirt.   

I got a friend that got his today and he's shirt is the same fabric as mine.

I still like the shirt regardless. 
Got mine yesterday also.  I did notice the thinness and the cut off tag but, as with Jordans, what can you do?  I still like the shirt, much better than the Nexus shirt design-wise.  "Best In The World"
smokin.gif

Oh that's what you meant by "NT's own", I thought you just left the X out of "NXT" lol. His heel turn
was very forced, like they were saying "you will boo him because we want you to, and cause you want
to see him". I can tell you one thing, he at least showed some type of personality unlike Ted Dibiase Jr
and Mike McGillicutty.

From 411mania: "Melina's representatives are currently asking for $3000 per appearance, as well as first class
travel and hotel accommodations."

lol Melina needs to just take the same advice as Rosa Acosta & Amber Rose and go do adult movies.

Even with Russo gone, the string of stupid story lines continued. One angle featured Big T, who had several years earlier been the WWF's Ahmed Johnson, filing a lawsuit against Booker T claiming that he owned the rights to the letter T. Big T would eventually win the bout (and the letter) in a match that would have been a main event on any episode of Sesame Street worldwide.

R. D. Reynolds;Bryan Alvarez. The Death of WCW: WrestleCrap and Figure Four Weekly Present . . . (WrestleCrap series) (Kindle Locations 2315-2317). Kindle Edition.
The real reason Russo left WWE
Prior to his first Nitro, Russo appeared on the Wrestling Observer Live radio show to promote himself. He said that, years back, when WCW started Thunder, everyone in the WWF had rejoiced because they knew it would lead the company to sink at a rapid rate due to overexposure. However, they clearly didn't learn a lesson from that because they had just recently started their own second two-hour show, Smackdown. He said he had beenworking ungodly hours and was rapidly burning out, so he went to McMahon and asked for a raise, a fifteen-month contract to give him a little job security, and the freedom to move out of Stamford, Connecticut. He'd always hated Stamford, but because the WWF offices were located there, he was stuck. McMahon shot him down. Russo said this was ridiculous, because in the real TV business, if you were writing one show and were suddenly asked to write another, you wouldn't be asked to do it for free. He was especially irate when, after saying he never had time to see his three children, Vince told him that he made enough money to hire a nanny.

Ruthless and Russo had a legit point.

Just plain funny and pathetic
Master P henchman Swoll was arrested for speeding, and was held when they found he was late on his child support payments. This despite the fact that WCW was paying him $400,000 per year.

Randy Savages dad Lanny was making 150,000 a year for essentually being in the HOF.
Hogan got something like 40 million from WCW
first contract 2 years 3 million
second contract 3 years 5 million
third contract 3 years 5 million
+ merch revenue

Fcw keeps getting better and better
Spoiler [+]
So what the hell are they planning with whatever gimmick this is?
[table][tr][td][h5]
leroyparks_lg1.jpg
[/h5][/td][td][h5]LEROY PARKS[/h5]
[h1]HEIGHT / WEIGHT:[/h1][h2]6'3" / 310 lbs[/h2][h1]
[/h1][h1]HOMETOWN:
[/h1][h2]Lester, AL

[/h2][h1]FINISHING MOVE:
[/h1][h2]E.Coli[/h2]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Fcw keeps getting better and better
Spoiler [+]
So what the hell are they planning with whatever gimmick this is?
[table][tr][td][h5]
leroyparks_lg1.jpg
[/h5][/td][td][h5]LEROY PARKS[/h5]
[h1]HEIGHT / WEIGHT:[/h1][h2]6'3" / 310 lbs[/h2][h1]
[/h1][h1]HOMETOWN:
[/h1][h2]Lester, AL

[/h2][h1]FINISHING MOVE:
[/h1][h2]E.Coli[/h2]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Man what is this garbage. Im offended my man looks like a sharecropper

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

And this is for all you A-Ry geeks
swagger0qj6.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]was laughing so hard watching this.... best thing about this guy is his music. A-ry sucks. [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color]

MOAR WCW STORIES.

Darren Young and Matt Stryker had an excellent match on NXT. Is this real life?

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

What's up with them survivor series tickets???..... wwe is taking long to announce it.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Probably go on sale in September. Been waiting on them as well.

Originally Posted by KiLLaBapi

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

What's up with them survivor series tickets???..... wwe is taking long to announce it.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Probably go on sale in September. Been waiting on them as well.
I heard Sept. 10.  I'm so ready to order these

Back
Top Bottom