Wrestling Thread Aug 15-21 | 8/15 Raw - ADR Fulfills His Destiny as WWE Champ | SS Contest Results!

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

You guys are wrong and letting your homophobia cloud the awesomeness of Goldust's theme song.

Goldust = Mad underrated. No one is !@@*##$ with Gangrel's Intro+Theme though. No one.

Top 5. EASY. Up there with 2005 Orton entrance and  Edge's last entrance with the smoke & pyros.

You guys are wrong and letting your homophobia cloud the awesomeness of Goldust's theme song.

Goldust = Mad underrated. No one is !@@*##$ with Gangrel's Intro+Theme though. No one.
Vampiro's WCW theme >>>>>>

I said it.

In legal news, Scott Hall was arrested for allegedly getting intoxicated and groping a fifty-six-year-old woman outside a hotel in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Time for a pop quiz. WCW was so outraged by Hall's behavior that they (A) suspended him without pay; (B) suspended him with pay; (C) turned the entire thing into a long-running angle in which Hall would come out on TV "pretending" to be drunk or wasted, stumble around in the ring, crash cars (in real life, he crashed five that year), and throw up on people.

Among those who argued against bringing Ric Flair back to the WWF was a young man by the name of Hunter Hearst Helmsely, who said outright in a radio interview that Flair should just retire. This was the same Triple H who, five years later, would end up best buddies with the still-active Flair on WWE television, and would, in fact, write the foreword to Flair's autobiography.

Instead of 3rd he would have gotten the 4th crack at Austin during that period.
Scott Hall was arrested again the following week for allegedly causing $2,000 in damage by keying a limo outside the Diamond Mine strip club in Orlando during a drunken fit. This led his ex-wife Dana to post a message on an nWo fan site, basically taking WCW to task for still employing him when he obviously had some serious issues to deal with. WCW was so outraged by Hall's behavior that they continued to portray him as a drunk on TV.

Finger Poke of Doom details: Remember how they locked Goldberg up..... and this was the end of the Wolfpack which was not mentioned in the book.
Back at the police station, Liz changed her story multiple times, and finally, after being threatened with perjury, she admitted to having made everything up. So the race was on: could Goldberg make it back to the Georgia Dome in time for his main event? The unintentional comedy here was that, earlier in the show, it had been revealed that the police station was across the street from the arena. Goldberg was somehow unable to get back in time, even though he had thirty minutes to walk several dozen feet. Perhaps the crosswalk light was broken.

Someone actually got the better of Scott Steiner in his steroid hey day...
Other changes were made to give the shows a more "entertainment" feel. For instance, Stevie Ray had suddenly and mysteriously become a major part of Nitro (despite the fact that he wasn't a great worker by any stretch of the imagination). Not only was he given inordinate amounts of time in the ring, but he was also given tons of interview time. His promos were, well, interesting. He once identified Barbarian and Meng as "two fish-eating chumps from Gilligan's Island." Later, he would call Scott Steiner both "synthetic" (seemingly an accusation of steroid use) and also a "sad, sack-$%$ fruit booty" (seemingly an accusation of... well, we have no idea).

more steiner:
Following the airing of an ESPN Outside the Lines specialthat touched on steroid and human growth hormone use in pro wrestling, WCW scheduled a "surprise drug test" before the April 1S Thunder. Strangely, Scott Steiner no-showed the event, claiming he had suffered a back injury, and was therefore not tested. Not only had Steiner become so muscular he could barely move, he had also developed a short temper, seemingly flying into an uncontrollable rage at the slightest provocation, to the point that he had been arrested several times. In a match the following week on Nitro (his back seemingly miraculously healed in less than a week), he carried the near-400-pound Scott Norton all the way across the ring before giving him an atomic drop. The crowd, oddly, chanted "STEROIDS!" during the match. Bobby Heenan responded by shouting, "I've never heard a crowd so pumped up before!"

Orton's best friend
wwe-raw-20110816045739071-000.jpg

- As noted before, a boxing match is possible between Monte Barrett and David Tua at next year’s WrestleMania 28 in Miami as Barrett is friends with John Cena and the two have discussed it. Barrett told 8countnews.com that he’s meeting with Cena and Vince McMahon next week.

- There was no major discussion at this week’s WWE TV tapings about the future of the original Sin Cara. For those wondering, it was Hunico under the mask at last night’s tapings.

DFly, I spit a chalice of blood on you and throw a platinum blonde wig at your face for posting that.

That stuff just bounces off me thanks to my grease armor.

you gotta take some of those wcw stories with a grain of salt. probably a bunch of wwe marks pissing on the grave of wcw. no way in +#%#*%@ hell was swoll making $400,000 a year no way

Other changes were made to give the shows a more "entertainment" feel. For instance, Stevie Ray had suddenly and mysteriously become a major part of Nitro (despite the fact that he wasn't a great worker by any stretch of the imagination). Not only was he given inordinate amounts of time in the ring, but he was also given tons of interview time. His promos were, well, interesting. He once identified Barbarian and Meng as "two fish-eating chumps from Gilligan's Island." Later, he would call Scott Steiner both "synthetic" (seemingly an accusation of steroid use) and also a "sad, sack-$%$ fruit booty" (seemingly an accusation of... well, we have no idea).
Stevie ray used to kill dudes w/ the slapjack
laugh.gif

- R-Truth did a recent interview with Charlotte Magazine and revealed that the “Little Jimmy

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

DFly, I spit a chalice of blood on you and throw a platinum blonde wig at your face for posting that.

Speaking of you two...

I was watching some NXT last night and as far as AJ goes..I think you guys have a chance! From my estimations it sounds like you guys are in there like swimwear!

Spoiler [+]
vPM7S.gif

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Speaking of you two...

I was watching some NXT last night and as far as AJ goes..I think you guys have a chance! From my estimations it sounds like you guys are in there like swimwear!

Spoiler [+]
vPM7S.gif
I'll take that as a compliment.
pimp.gif
I'd handle it better than Jay Lethal did.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

After fees, first 5 rows will probably cost you around 4 bills. The 100 and 200 levels (at least with the layout before the rennovation) are around 130ish with fees.

Ringside for NOC and HITC are 265 fees included. Is 400 because it's MSG? I'm going either way. Was going to wait til WM30 but gonna get it done hoping for Punk-Cena III.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

^^ MSG is usually more expensive, maybe not 4 bills but at least over 3.
this was from royal rumble 2008...i expect the same.

"Royal Rumble tickets went on sale earlier this morning at Ticketmaster.com. There will be no tickets sold at the box office at Madison Square Garden. Tickets are priced $404.50, $94.50, $79.50, $54.50 and $39.50. The most expensive tickets include the ringside commemorative chair that you get to take home with you. This is probably the first time that WWE has put tickets for an event just one month before the actual date of the show. According to the seating chart, WWE will be using the short entrance way rather than the usual set up for RAW or the set up used for WrestleMania XX."

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

According to the seating chart, WWE will be using the short entrance way rather than the usual set up for RAW or the set up used for WrestleMania XX."

I dig the short entrance way (nomo), gives MSG that extra uniqueness.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

you gotta take some of those wcw stories with a grain of salt. probably a bunch of wwe marks pissing on the grave of wcw. no way in +#%#*%@ hell was swoll making $400,000 a year no way

Not really. Besides handing out guranteed contracts, WCW forked over loads of money for the whole Master P/No Limit Soldiers thing. So it wouldn't be a stretch if that
guy Swoll was actually making that much.�That whole program was awful though. How in the world did WCW think bringing in the No Limit Soldiers was gonna pop off
their in relation to the fanbase??? The West Texas Rednecks were pretty much faces by default outside of Rey & Konnan.

Spoiler [+]
This was awful

��

My girl is gaining interest so things are coming around.
nerd.gif

Someone hook me up with some travel and hotel sites I can check out. If we're going I want to see a few landmarks as well.

Back
Top Bottom