Wrestling Thread Dec 27-Jan 2 | 12/31 - Have a Safe and Happy New Year

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Haven't watched RAW yet (only read the thread) but what if Barrett comes back as leader of the castoff ex-Nexus members?
nerd.gif
I think they're going to hold off Barrett's return for a bit longer...might coincide with the return of the injured dudes.

Seems like they're sticking to having the Nexus/Cena feud drawn out to Wrestlemania even though it looked like it was dunzo at TLC...

While I can see it happening, I don't like the idea of Barrett leading a group of Sheffield, Young, and Tarver.  Sheffield would be fine (but he's much better as a heel), but Young and Tarver were treated like jokes and are both awful in the ring.  Leading a group like this would make Barrett look like a real geek.  Barrett would be better off as a lone heel on Smackdown.

And for the post about Barrett taking guys from NXT Season 2, who would he take?  Kaval, Riley, Harris, and McGuillicutty are already gone or being used.  No one else from that season is worth using.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Haven't watched RAW yet (only read the thread) but what if Barrett comes back as leader of the castoff ex-Nexus members?
nerd.gif
I think they're going to hold off Barrett's return for a bit longer...might coincide with the return of the injured dudes.

Seems like they're sticking to having the Nexus/Cena feud drawn out to Wrestlemania even though it looked like it was dunzo at TLC...

While I can see it happening, I don't like the idea of Barrett leading a group of Sheffield, Young, and Tarver.  Sheffield would be fine (but he's much better as a heel), but Young and Tarver were treated like jokes and are both awful in the ring.  Leading a group like this would make Barrett look like a real geek.  Barrett would be better off as a lone heel on Smackdown.

And for the post about Barrett taking guys from NXT Season 2, who would he take?  Kaval, Riley, Harris, and McGuillicutty are already gone or being used.  No one else from that season is worth using.

Update on Brock Lesnar
I (me personally) just got done listening to the latest Wrestling Observer Radio.  Right now UFC is still planning on Brock being a major part of the promotion in 2011.  Brock's main priority is to make as much money as he can in 2011, and although the WrestleMania deal would be a major payday, there is still plenty of money to be made in UFC.  Frank Mir's scheduled fight against Brendan Schaub has been canceled.  For a non-title fight, the biggest money fight is easily Lesnar/Mir III.  Also, there is still a lot of talk about Lesnar and Mir being the coaches of the next Ultimate Fighter.  UFC's contract with Spike is up at the end of 2011, so they are feeling a lot of pressure to produce ratings over the coming year.  There has been a lot of talk about Faber and Cruz coaching, and while it would help to get them over and sell their fight, it likely wouldn't be a ratings draw.  Lesnar wouldn't make a great coach, but he would certainly draw a lot of interest and ratings.  The reports of Lesnar leaving UFC are premature at best.

Update on Brock Lesnar
I (me personally) just got done listening to the latest Wrestling Observer Radio.  Right now UFC is still planning on Brock being a major part of the promotion in 2011.  Brock's main priority is to make as much money as he can in 2011, and although the WrestleMania deal would be a major payday, there is still plenty of money to be made in UFC.  Frank Mir's scheduled fight against Brendan Schaub has been canceled.  For a non-title fight, the biggest money fight is easily Lesnar/Mir III.  Also, there is still a lot of talk about Lesnar and Mir being the coaches of the next Ultimate Fighter.  UFC's contract with Spike is up at the end of 2011, so they are feeling a lot of pressure to produce ratings over the coming year.  There has been a lot of talk about Faber and Cruz coaching, and while it would help to get them over and sell their fight, it likely wouldn't be a ratings draw.  Lesnar wouldn't make a great coach, but he would certainly draw a lot of interest and ratings.  The reports of Lesnar leaving UFC are premature at best.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

^whoa, dsk better not read that

no cena for a while?
pimp.gif

Be careful what you wish for.  They would probably put Cena on commentary like they did with Punk or make him the GM.  Either of those would be 100x worse than Cena now.

And I'm just wondering how you injure your knee from taking a Wasteland.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

^whoa, dsk better not read that

no cena for a while?
pimp.gif

Be careful what you wish for.  They would probably put Cena on commentary like they did with Punk or make him the GM.  Either of those would be 100x worse than Cena now.

And I'm just wondering how you injure your knee from taking a Wasteland.

New Years Eve Smackdown Spoilers
Spoiler [+]
The show opened with Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler out, talking about the match with John Cena on last week's show.  Guerrero claimed that due to Cena man handling her she is suffering from vertigo.  Kofi Kingston then came out, followed by Jack Swagger, both talking about the TLC match.  Ziggler and Swagger started fighting, and then Kingston cleaned house on both, leading Teddy Long to set up a Triple Threat title rematch
Big Show b Cody Rhodes via walk out count out

Drew McIntyre b Trent Baretta.  Baretta missed a dive and crashed on the floor.  The ref stopped the match and McIntyre gave him the Future Shock DDT on the floor.

Edge & Rey Mysterio b Kane & Albert Del Rio when Mysterio used the 619 on Del Rio and Edge followed with a spear

Beth Phoenix & Natalya b LayCool when Phoenix pinned McCool

Ziggler kept the title in the three-way over Swagger & Kingston.  Kingston used the trouble in Paradise on Swagger but Ziggler then rolled up Kingston

They announced Edge vs. Kane last man standing for next week as well as Mysterio vs. Del Rio in 2/3 falls.

There will be a lot of New Year's Eve themed vignettes on the show.

New Years Eve Smackdown Spoilers
Spoiler [+]
The show opened with Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler out, talking about the match with John Cena on last week's show.  Guerrero claimed that due to Cena man handling her she is suffering from vertigo.  Kofi Kingston then came out, followed by Jack Swagger, both talking about the TLC match.  Ziggler and Swagger started fighting, and then Kingston cleaned house on both, leading Teddy Long to set up a Triple Threat title rematch
Big Show b Cody Rhodes via walk out count out

Drew McIntyre b Trent Baretta.  Baretta missed a dive and crashed on the floor.  The ref stopped the match and McIntyre gave him the Future Shock DDT on the floor.

Edge & Rey Mysterio b Kane & Albert Del Rio when Mysterio used the 619 on Del Rio and Edge followed with a spear

Beth Phoenix & Natalya b LayCool when Phoenix pinned McCool

Ziggler kept the title in the three-way over Swagger & Kingston.  Kingston used the trouble in Paradise on Swagger but Ziggler then rolled up Kingston

They announced Edge vs. Kane last man standing for next week as well as Mysterio vs. Del Rio in 2/3 falls.

There will be a lot of New Year's Eve themed vignettes on the show.

- There is still talk of having Wade Barrett vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27, if something with Brock Lesnar doesn't happen. While it appears after last night's RAW that Barrett is gone from Nexus, there's been no confirmation on his status. It's possible he may end up on SmackDown. A babyface turn for Barrett has also been rumored.

- Michael Cole has been learning to take bumps more recently in preparation for his upcoming guest referee roles at RAW live events. There are still plans for Cole to wrestle a match before too long as Vince McMahon still looks at Cole as one of WWE’s top heels.

- There is still talk of having Wade Barrett vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania 27, if something with Brock Lesnar doesn't happen. While it appears after last night's RAW that Barrett is gone from Nexus, there's been no confirmation on his status. It's possible he may end up on SmackDown. A babyface turn for Barrett has also been rumored.

- Michael Cole has been learning to take bumps more recently in preparation for his upcoming guest referee roles at RAW live events. There are still plans for Cole to wrestle a match before too long as Vince McMahon still looks at Cole as one of WWE’s top heels.

There goes the Cena Vs Punk angle. I was actually looking forward to it. Punk is the anti-cena I've been waiting for.
frown.gif

There goes the Cena Vs Punk angle. I was actually looking forward to it. Punk is the anti-cena I've been waiting for.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]The announcer came out and brought the mic to John. John said “I got a little beat up tonight and if I need to take some time off I will but I will not be carried from the ring.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]The announcer came out and brought the mic to John. John said “I got a little beat up tonight and if I need to take some time off I will but I will not be carried from the ring.

Back
Top Bottom