Wrestling Thread Feb 1-7 | 2/4 TNA iMPACT! Pope vs Styles, Nash vs Foley, Angle vs Tomko

Official New Name For ECW On SyFy Revealed
According to the PWInsider website, the new name for what is currently known as ECW on SyFy will undergo a name change to WWE NXT, with NXT somehow standing for "Next Generation."

Originally Posted by hellaones

Official New Name For ECW On SyFy Revealed
According to the PWInsider website, the new name for what is currently known as ECW on SyFy will undergo a name change to WWE NXT, with NXT somehow standing for "Next Generation."

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by MBlackmon

Anybody remember this???

DX The Bret Hart ******
Uploaded by undertaker62150.

Yes and I remember it being horribly unfunny.

I hate the original 97 version of DX, maybe even more than I hate current DX.

I must say I was overall happy with Raw. It's not often we get to see story lines in the WWE anymore that keep us guessing and wondering what is going to happen next week. Now we have the Legacy break up, a discouraged HBK, and Bret/Vince. I thought the ending was good. Bret didn't put Vince in the sharpshooter and the writers didn't give us the instant gratification (for marks anyways, because DX crotch chopping with guest hosts to end Raw every week isn't my cup of tea) we're used to seeing. The more they build up the tension with Bret and Vince, the sweeter it will be when Bret finally gets his revenge.

^I'm with you on this week's RAW. I'm all for slow builds instead of rushing through programs/feuds.

Spoilers for this week's SmackDown (2/5):

Spoiler [+]
*Chris Jericho comes out saying Edge didn't deserve titles. He wasrightful owner. Jericho says he created a monster talking about himself.

* Edge and Chris Jericho have a backstage segment.

* Kane vs John Morrison vs Drew McIntrye in EC Qualifying Match. Morrison defeats Kane with Starship Pain. He is really over.

* R-Truth over Mike Knox with corkscrew elbow in EC Qualifying match.

* CM Punk says to Gallows and Serena without him, there'd be no them.Mentions that Batista is trying to end his crusade. Wants to know whowill stop Batista from doing that and Gallows/Serena say they will.Serena looks 'smoking'!

* CM Punk vs Batista in EC Qualifying match. CM Punk wins via countout as Batista walks out.

* Chris Jericho vs Matt Hardy in EC Qualifying match. Chris Jericho wins with Codebreaker.

* Mickie cuts a promo saying 'We did it. Being real is what a truechamp is about'. Beth interrupts and says she made history, in a leagueof her own, and can take Mickie's belt anytime. Vickie announces Mickieand Beth vs Michelle and Layla is going to happen now. Match is prettymuch Beth vs Michelle until Beth tags Mickie in. Beth leaves Mickiefending on her own knocking both Mickie AND Michelle out. Mickie withthe rollup on Layla.

* Rey Mysterio over Dolph Ziggler with the 619 in EC Qualifying match.

* Cutting Edge segment - Edge says it feels good to be back! Hementions he can face Taker or Sheamus. They show a promo of whathappened on RAW. Chris Jericho interrupts saying Edge didn't deserve towin the Rumble. Chris Jericho says he's the face of Smackdown. Edgedisagrees. He says Jericho can't take away his dream and that he'stired of Jericho saying he's best in the world and tired of seeing hisface. CM Punk interrupts saying he's the savior and he made theUndertaker tap. Undertaker's music hits, he appears in ring. Taker and Edge cleaned house, throwing Jericho and Punk out of the ring before staring each other down.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So Mysterio, R-Truth, Jericho, Punk and Morrison are the other 5 for the World Heavyweight Title Elimination Chamber match. I had assumed that Taker would drop the belt in this PPV but I'm not so sure now. Does anyone think he'll drop it to those guys? Maybe if Batista was in there...but he's not. The guy with the highest chance of getting the strap, IMO, is Jericho so he can have a match with Edge at Wrestlemania. But I don't know if WWE wants to go there.[/color]

From reading Bret's book, I have a feeling the crying and the way he sold the end of RAW was a lot of his own idea.

I did read that HBK is supposedly not happy with CM Punk's current story line. But I can't lie. I'm lovin the straight edge society stuff right now. Dude is a perfect chicken poop/knows when to put in work/be goofy and get serious heel.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

On a side note, HBK broke Stone Cold's rumble record of 38 eliminations with 41.
During the RR promo where they run through all the numbers, I'm just expecting that within a few years, every single record (except for Santino's) will be held by HHH
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Originally Posted by chino905

Originally Posted by solematic j21

Did HHH and HBK lose their titles?

nope they still have it. did HHH even wear his belt to the ring?!
Nope

Prolly don't even care about it
eyes.gif
Damn, I didn't even notice this.

I hope to God either The Miz Show or Straight Edge Society takes the straps next week.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Shawn Cena And Bret vs Vince and Batista at wm

I have a feeling.
Agreed.

Bret needs to have as little involvement as possible.  It was clear after Monday's Raw that he cannot be involved in any physical interaction.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'm glad they're probably saving the Sharpshooter for Wrestlemania.

Enjoy seeing it being done correctly next month, because once Rock comes back at Summerslam, expect his rendition
sick.gif
laugh.gif
It's still better than HHH's

Am I the only the only that thinks Sheamus is pretty good on the mic? Dude is starting to grow on me as a heel.

And if he wins EC I will somewhat take him serious as a champion.

Also 
pimp.gif
at those Smackdown spoilers. Smackdown EC match should be entertaining.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Am I the only the only that thinks Sheamus is pretty good on the mic? Dude is starting to grow on me as a heel.

I said it earlier in here...Sheamus is starting to grow on me too (no Billy & Chuck). He's getting better on the mic. Been attracting more heel heat as of late. All he needs is that defining match to cement his place...the ones I've seen so far are either squashes or end too quickly.

Still find it crazy how much of a monster push he got so fast. Dude gotta be babysitting HHH's kids or somethin'...
laugh.gif

It is unbelievable that in a single year's time, the Tag Team Titles went from being completely irrelevant until June 2009 when Jericho and Edge won them - built them up to be considered major titles - and then an absolute joke once again for the last 2 months with DX.

Originally Posted by iLL I AM

Originally Posted by Agthekid

I said it earlier in here...Sheamus is starting to grow on me too (no Billy & Chuck). He's getting better on the mic. Been attracting more heel heat as of late. All he needs is that defining match to cement his place...the ones I've seen so far are either squashes or end too quickly.

Still find it crazy how much of a monster push he got so fast. Dude gotta be babysitting HHH's kids or somethin'...
laugh.gif
^ This. The problem with Sheamus is the booking, I'm a fan but win the title lookin like a fluke like that, then defend it with a DQ win, in between a win over MVP and 2x...Evan Bourne?
eyes.gif
If he retains at EC it HAS to be big and clean.

Like I said, I'm hoping for a Punk vs. Edge match for the Heavyweight Championship if Punk wins the EC and they turn Edge face.

Cant wait for impact tonight. I really like the direction most of the story lines are going, excpecialy the aj styles heel turn with flair. Aj is real belivable as a cocky and arrogent champ whos main focus, in ring, is keeping the strap. Even the nasty boys and dudleys promos have been good and a 1off hardcore match could be decent, but then the nastys can leave. Besides val venis (even thou i like his in ring work) and the opiat addicts, tna has been strong. I also lile bichoffs role as the prick, but truthful gm.

e9e897649b8945e5b66f572a62765473_XL.jpg

PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY'S TNA "iMPACT!" ON SPIKE AT 9/8C

On Thursday, TNA Wrestling returns to SpikeTV for two hours of Total Nonstop Action as the road to the February 14 "Against All Odds" Pay-Per-View continues!

Here is a preview of Thursday's broadcast on Spike:

- Will Mick Foley fall in line to keep his job?

- Kurt Angle wants to know if Hulk Hogan is in control of "The Band"

- The 8 Card Stud Tournament Continues: Tomko vs. Kurt Angle & Brutus Magnus vs. Mr. Anderson

-  Plus, Angelina Love vs. TNA Knockout Women's Champion Tara

All this and much more on Thursday night, plus Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Team 3D, the high-flying superstars of the X Division, the sexy TNA Knockouts and so much more!

*Brutus Magnus vs. Mr. Anderson
*Samoa Joe vs. Jesse Neal
*Pope D'Angelo Dinero vs. A.J. Styles
*Kurt Angle vs. Tomko
*Angelina Love vs. Tara
*Kevin Nash vs. Mick Foley

Well it's obvious that Angle and Anderson will be winning their 8 Card Stud Tournament Matches

Back
Top Bottom