Wrestling Thread Feb 20-26 | 2/24 Beware, There is a Criminal (Lobo) Lurking in this Thread

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by YardFather

Dolph Ziggler does everything right.
he is by FAR the best in ring guy in the WWE right now, no questions asked, everyone needs to take notes from him.
Nah.

I'm a fan of Dolph and he's came a LONG way from his initial start but he's not a better in-ring wrestler than Punk, Jericho or Bryan as of today. So I'd say he's (at best) #4 in the company as far as wrestling ability.

Those guys I mentioned have had classic bouts outside of WWE and made a successful transition working the WWE style, which is based on simplicity and limiting your moveset. Each of those guys also have their defining matches in which they've demonstrated excellent technical skill and/or told a great story. Dolph hasn't had that...yet.

He's a great seller though.

Based on the big 3 categories (1. wrestling ability 2. mic skills 3. look/personality), my overall top 3 in the main roster are

1. Jericho
2. Punk
3. Bryan

If we're talking strictly in-ring skill it's

1. Bryan
2. Jericho
3. Punk

Dolph has a lot of talent, but he bumps around too much, taking too many stupid bumps. He still has a lot to work on to become a great worker.
I also think Punk's in-ring work has been down as of late.  He's been really sloppy.

Amazing how Ziggler was the only cat out of the Spirit Squad to really make it.

And he's only gonna go up from here.

Kenny gets kudos for knocking off Mickie James though.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I also think Punk's in-ring work has been down as of late.  He's been really sloppy.
Agreed, sloppier than usual. Hence why I have Y2J > Punk, in-ring wise.

Rey Mysterio, when healthy, is a top 5 worker in the company.

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

holy crap...i remember when the spirit squad came in, I stopped watching a little after that, went on my WWE hiatus, just looked at a pic...woooooooooooooow

MIND=BLOWN

never thought I'd say that ^

I'm in serious shock, didn't know that was Dolph

Thought Punk botched that sort of powerbomb/slam last night when he caught Bryan in the back with his knee. Was that supposed to happen?

Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

And he's only gonna go up from here.

Kenny gets kudos for knocking off Mickie James though.

Yeah man.   I thought Kenny was destined for big things in WWE, while the others feel off by the wayside.

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Jericho in the ring since he has been back hasn't been good

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Thought Punk botched that sort of powerbomb/slam last night when he caught Bryan in the back with his knee. Was that supposed to happen?
im pretty sure he was going for the welcome to chicago mother f**ker . without going to back to watch it again  im sure it was this . its a double underhook backbreaker type move. he used to do it a lot on the indies and does it occasionally in wwe.

honestly it should be daniel bryan and cm punk main eventing WM in a match

champion vs champion winner takes all

Jericho in the ring since he has been back hasn't been good
Eh, small sample size. Since he's returned, he's been in more gimmick/multi-tag matches (limiting his involvement) than 1 vs. 1's so I wouldn't use that to judge his work.

If memory serves me correct, I think the most amount of time he's had in a 1 vs. 1 was the 7-8 minutes with Sheamus in the Royal Rumble...and that was the highlight of the PPV.

MoodMuzik75 is correct. The backbreaker part of the move is what he %@%%%# up.

When the #+!% is WWE going to redesign the goddamn WWE Championship?

Hell... Id even take the Attitude Era, Winged Eagle, or Undisputed design ((which I hated so much it makes my balls hurt)

Originally Posted by YardFather

Dolph Ziggler does everything right.
he is by FAR the best in ring guy in the WWE right now, no questions asked, everyone needs to take notes from him.
Nah.If we're talking strictly in-ring skill it's

1. Bryan
2. Jericho
3. Orton

Fixed.

There is a good chance that there will be NO Money in the Bank match at Mania, and instead it will be replaced with a 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 Team Laurinaitis vs Team Teddy match.
They also piped in "Teddy" chants during the segment on Raw.

No MITB?
Why Wrestlemania always gotta have stupid %%! %%%% on it all the time

Team Trump v. Team McMahon, Bret Hart vs McMahon, Big Show getting KTFO by Mayweather was
pimp.gif
though

But for real @%!! all that %%%%

indifferent.gif

Thats clearly what the fans want. Not a match that everyone enjoys and actually means something.

For real, you can't really build wrestler-centric storylines off a stupid +%@ match like that

I guess characters who don't compete for titles are more important to the WWE

There is a good chance that there will be NO Money in the Bank match at Mania, and instead it will be replaced with a 4 vs 4 or 5 vs 5 Team Laurinaitis vs Team Teddy match.
They also piped in "Teddy" chants during the segment on Raw.
c722561e24a9a7c1e2bdd0717d8c4ca1b368465.pjpeg

Back
Top Bottom