Wrestling Thread Jan 19-25 | 1/25 - THE ROYAL RUMBLE - Hardy vs Edge; Cena vs JBL (p18)

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

To challenge for the ECW at WrestleMania?

I doubt it.

--Don't know if this means anything for tonight or tomorrow, but John Cena was pulled from next week's Raw house show tour. Main events were advertised as Cena defending against Chris Jericho, and have been changed to Rey Mysterio vs. Jericho in 2/3 fall matches. (thanks to Jeff Wyatt)
If this is the Sacramento show, then there have been so many contradictions. First they said, Cena/Jericho for the title and then Orton/Batista,but we know Batista's injured. Then they said Cena/Jericho for the title and Orton/Mysterio. Now they're saying Jericho/Mysterio and Orton/???. Idon't know what's going down with this, but WWE needs to get their $%!! straight

Originally Posted by YardFather

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

To challenge for the ECW at WrestleMania?

I doubt it.

No since he's been getting involved in the whole Jeff/Edge/Christian angle, have him challenge for the WWE title. If I recall correctly you can challenge for whatever title you want. Remember Batista couldn't decide whether to challenge Cena or HHH during the whole Evolution storyline with him turning face.

Also, in '07 Undertaker had a Raw show where he had the 3 champs, Cena, Lashley and Batista there where he named the title he was going for.

I think a Matt Hardy win could work to bring him to Smackdown, but they can't do that because then they'd be taking their biggest superstar off of ECWwhen they barely get anybody to watch it as it is

This is random, but what if Hass came out as Mr. McMahon just to screw around with Orton? That would be a
laugh.gif
moment imo.

@ YardFather put the text in between spoiler tags like this: [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]

(without the spaces)

Thanks guys

Spoiler [+]
Reported by: Ryan Clark I've seen reports online today stating that several fans waiting outside the Joe Louis Arena (site of tonight's Royal Rumble) spotted Rob Van Dam entering the arena. I can't confirm or deny that so you must take it strictly as a rumor for now. I can't stress that enough as we all know what happened when a fan emailed us several weeks ago and stated he saw Christian at the building and it turned out to be false. This guy with the RVD newsbit today has emailed us in the past with very good fan reports so I do want to take him seriously although I CAN'T confirm this report at this time. We'll see tonight.

Gregory Helms and William Regal should be added to the RR match. Good to see
Spoiler [+]
RVD
come back.

My Predictions:
Melina
Jack Swagger
John Cena
Edge
Jericho or Orton

Originally Posted by YardFather

Thanks guys

Spoiler [+]
Reported by: Ryan Clark I've seen reports online today stating that several fans waiting outside the Joe Louis Arena (site of tonight's Royal Rumble) spotted Rob Van Dam entering the arena. I can't confirm or deny that so you must take it strictly as a rumor for now. I can't stress that enough as we all know what happened when a fan emailed us several weeks ago and stated he saw Christian at the building and it turned out to be false. This guy with the RVD newsbit today has emailed us in the past with very good fan reports so I do want to take him seriously although I CAN'T confirm this report at this time. We'll see tonight.

Spoiler [+]
I would love to see RVD come back. I've wondered about him coming back because there was no reason why Orton's punt should have retired him. But I don't see this happening, the last time we saw him was I believe the Raw 15 year episode where he came out and won a match and then left. I think he could help bring another main eventer in because there will be a need for more with Orton and Jericho, most likely in the McMahon feud. I loved when he was on Raw with the duel champion thing going for him and he made ECW good for a few months

Spoiler [+]
ECW went down when RVD left

I would like to see DH Smith come in at like 30 with Orton being the only guy in the ring and Smith just lays down to Orton so he could join Legacy. OR Smithjust helps Orton win the Rumble.

Spoiler [+]
RVDs one of my all time favorites. Shame he got busted for weed when he was champ and ruined the biggest push of his career

That spoiler is LEGIT. I can't wait!

eek.gif

Spoiler [+]
Tonight's Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View is just hours away and as of this writing only 23 wrestlers have been confirmed for the big 30 man battle royal match.

Last year's Rumble featured the surprise return of John Cena and WWE has at least one surprise entrant planned for the Rumble.

We can confirm that former WWE and ECW champion ROB VAN DAM is backstage in Detroit, Michigan and will be part of tonight's Royal Rumble. RVD is originally from nearby Battle Creek, Michigan and is sure to get a huge reaction from his hometown crowd.

This will be RVD's second surprise WWE return, as we last saw him at the RAW 15th anniversary special, defeating Santino Marella in an unannounced match.

Does anyone have any streams? I would really appreciate it.

Alex

^
eek.gif

Spoiler [+]
Damn. I hope it's full time and not just a one time thing again

Dope preview, 4dub.
Originally Posted by The Minister

the way The E is going these days there probably gonna have Cena lose the title then win the Rumble.
sick.gif

I'll stop watching the 'E for GOOD if that %$#% happened. Ugh.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hmm...NOTHING is guaranteed, but what is known is that...[/color]

Spoiler [+]
- We have been told that Christian is in Detroit, Michigan for tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view. I have not heard if there are plans to use him at the event but he is in town and will be at the show.

...so I expect that title to change hands today.

This isn't a spoiler, but I found it interesting.

- We have also learned that the proposed plans for the 30-Man Royal Rumble Match could have been altered. There was some type of issue that went down Thursday in a creative meeting which led to what was described to me as the script for the show being "blown up".

Now...this might not sound like much, but Randy Orton without a doubt has the most momentum going into the Rumble...it couldbe possible that he was picked to win but it's been changed. The writers (especially around this time of the year) love being a step ahead of theinsiders and change plans frequently. Plus, Vince is unpredictable and could have had a change of heart regarding who the planned winner was going to be.Regardless of all that, my pick is still Orton tonight and I hope the WWE doesn't kill the momentum he has going for him right now...dude just had aninterview with ESPN, he appeals more to the "Attitude era crowd" than any other main event wrestler today. If he's not winning it, he HAS to bein the final 3.

I agree with 4w...if HBK enters the Rumble (which there's a very good chance of), he's winning it. No doubt about it.

Hope tonight is a great show...the last two episodes of RAW have been excellent and the WWE's "playoffs" start tonight.

Anyone else think that any of the losers from the men's title matches tonight could be a possible surprise entrant in the Rumble? I haven't readanything concerning that, but it's just a thought.

ooooo that spoiler is confirmed!

I cant wait I will be screaming _ _ _ !!! (you guys can fill in the blanks)

laugh.gif

eek.gif
@ that spoiler YardFather posted...that's crazy.
pimp.gif

Unfortunately, if true, I don't see that person winning the Rumble. I think it's a "temporary" thing, if you get my drift...

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Dope preview, 4dub.
Originally Posted by The Minister

the way The E is going these days there probably gonna have Cena lose the title then win the Rumble.
sick.gif

I'll stop watching the 'E for GOOD if that %$#% happened. Ugh.

Hmm...NOTHING is guaranteed, but what is known is that...

Spoiler [+]
- We have been told that Christian is in Detroit, Michigan for tonight's Royal Rumble pay-per-view. I have not heard if there are plans to use him at the event but he is in town and will be at the show.
...so I expect that title to change hands today.

This isn't a spoiler, but I found it interesting.

- We have also learned that the proposed plans for the 30-Man Royal Rumble Match could have been altered. There was some type of issue that went down Thursday in a creative meeting which led to what was described to me as the script for the show being "blown up".

Now...this might not sound like much, but Randy Orton without a doubt has the most momentum going into the Rumble...it could be possible that he was picked to win but it's been changed. The writers (especially around this time of the year) love being a step ahead of the insiders and change plans frequently. Plus, Vince is unpredictable and could have had a change of heart regarding who the planned winner was going to be. Regardless of all that, my pick is still Orton tonight and I hope the WWE doesn't kill the momentum he has going for him right now...dude just had an interview with ESPN, he appeals more to the "Attitude era crowd" than any other main event wrestler today. If he's not winning it, he HAS to be in the final 3.

I agree with 4w...if HBK enters the Rumble (which there's a very good chance of), he's winning it. No doubt about it.

Hope tonight is a great show...the last two episodes of RAW have been excellent and the WWE's "playoffs" start tonight.

Anyone else think that any of the losers from the men's title matches tonight could be a possible surprise entrant in the Rumble? I haven't read anything concerning that, but it's just a thought.

I really don't see the losers going into the rumble, but who knows it could happen with Matt Hardy, but I don't think it'll happen with the others.

Everyone needs to stop posting stuff, I am almost out of posts for the day
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Spoiler [+]
Now, the big news. For those of you waiting for Christian Cage to be revealed tonight at the Royal Rumble, as of this writing, he is nowhere to be seen backstage while the rest of the crew has already been there for hours.

That said, the word is that Matt Hardy will turn heel on his brother, WWE champion Jeff Hardy tonight. So, it appears Matt is involved in the current Jeff storyline and they may be building towards Matt vs. Jeff going towards Wrestlemania XXV.

pwinsiderelite.com

Back
Top Bottom