Wrestling Thread Jan 19-Feb: 1/29 LIVE Smackdown 8pm et - Bryan v Kane Casket Match

-As of this weekend, the feeling within WWE is that The Undertaker will be wrestling at WrestleMania 31. Top WWE officials likely already know for sure if he’ll be there and we should get some sort of official word in the next several weeks.

His opponent is likely to be Bray Wyatt, which is one of the main reasons Wyatt had such a strong showing in the Royal Rumble match.

Mr. Money In The Bank Seth Rollins is expected to wrestle Randy Orton, which leaves Daniel Bryan out in the cold. Wrestling Observer Radio host Bryan Alvarez thinks WWE will be going to the Bryan vs. Sheamus match that was originally scheduled to last year, before those plans got hijacked by the WWE Universe.

Of course, with the unprecedented fan backlash coming out of the Royal Rumble, this card is subject to change. But as of Monday morning, the tentative WrestleMania card will feature:

Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
Sting vs. Triple H
John Cena vs. Rusev
Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

1422249357173.png

This is so accurate. :smh:

-Vince McMahon and top WWE officials were legitimately surprised at the intensity of backlash they saw from the live crowd at Sunday’s WWE Royal Rumble match.

While WWE knew some fans would not be on board with Reigns winning the Rumble instead of Daniel Bryan, the feeling is that WWE painfully underestimated how people would react. According to Dave Melzter of the Wrestling Observer, “They panicked early, they changed a few things.”

The Rock in particular was caught off-guard by the situation, with Meltzer noting, “Dwayne was not happy.” After making a surprise appearance at the end of the show to support his cousin and help him win the Rumble, The Rock was visibly surprised and it showed in the ring and during his post-show backstage promo on the WWE Network.

Despite the #CancelWWENetwork craze, Vince McMahon is ‘dead set’ on sticking to the Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar WrestleMania main event. The feeling is that WWE caved last year by adding Daniel Bryan to the main event and most likely will not be going the same route this year. Meltzer said, “Vince feels that it would be a repeat and gone to the well one time too often.”

Last edited:
**** you vince! Way to give the fans what they want! I bet vince will try and legit push reigns and try and give him great promos to try and win the crowd but it ain't happening vince. Of coyrse if he takes this to crowds like Milwaukee or Alabama whose fans are weak they probably will cheer for reigns and vince will think he's still got it. :smh:

-As of this weekend, the feeling within WWE is that The Undertaker will be wrestling at WrestleMania 31. Top WWE officials likely already know for sure if he’ll be there and we should get some sort of official word in the next several weeks.

His opponent is likely to be Bray Wyatt, which is one of the main reasons Wyatt had such a strong showing in the Royal Rumble match.

Mr. Money In The Bank Seth Rollins is expected to wrestle Randy Orton, which leaves Daniel Bryan out in the cold. Wrestling Observer Radio host Bryan Alvarez thinks WWE will be going to the Bryan vs. Sheamus match that was originally scheduled to last year, before those plans got hijacked by the WWE Universe.

Of course, with the unprecedented fan backlash coming out of the Royal Rumble, this card is subject to change. But as of Monday morning, the tentative WrestleMania card will feature:

Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
Sting vs. Triple H
John Cena vs. Rusev
Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan
Listening to Wrestling Observer Radio, the top 4 matches are correct.  However, Sheamus vs Bryan was COMPLETE speculation and they were just talking about who is potentially available to face Bryan.  This is NOT  official unlike the other matches.

I've got no problem with roman becoming a main eventer love the idea honestly but 1 he's not ready for it 2 he hasn't been built organically at all and 3 there are guys more over than him at the moment like bryan and seth that deserve that spot more. should've just waited till summeriest to give roman his push.

Guess dean getting thrown into the Andre battle royale which winning it means absolutely nothing.

I would love love love to see a triple threat for the IC title with Harper, ZIGGLER, and Barrett.

Guess dean getting thrown into the Andre battle royale which winning it means absolutely nothing.

I would love love love to see a triple threat for the IC title with Harper, ZIGGLER, and Barrett.

only for ziggler to first get concussed taking the bull hammer then he gets up and gets a lariat from luke for a broken neck...

best part of the ppv was bubba ray. do we have any info on him staying or whatever?

throwing him into at least the IC contention would be dope.

(the 3 way match was very good IMO. but the feels for bubba in the rumble, unmatched. poorly executed however)

WWE is placing the blame for last night's reaction on the Philadelphia fans, not their booking decisions.

The Rock was NOT happy being placed into the situation he was.  He was not expected the backlash against Reigns.

Daniel Bryan will not be inserted into the World Title match at Mania in a 3way because Vince feels like they already did that last year and don't want to have a rerun this year.

A very select few within WWE know if The Undertaker is working at WrestleMania this year (against Bray Wyatt).  The belief is yes, he will.  However, if for whatever reason The Undertaker cannot go, Bray Wyatt would likely face Daniel Bryan.

-Source: Wrestling Observer Radio

PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does Undertaker need to come back...so he can win and then what...he lost...it's over - stop.

I'd rather see Bray and Daniel.

The Rock isn't happy? BOO FREAKING HOO - no one asked you to come back...it was utterly pointless for him to return.

So I have tickets for raw tonight as the were a Christmas present for my son. The blizzard we are getting is supposed to be bad and there is a travel ban effective as of 9pm in ct. What will the WWE do, will they have an empty arena? Any chance it will start early to accommodate the travel ban? Do I have a legit argument to get a refund? Thoughts?

Anyone going to WM? Thinking of going with my girl but after the end of that RR match, idk....

Ticket prices on Stubhub aren't bad at all either.

So I have tickets for raw tonight as the were a Christmas present for my son. The blizzard we are getting is supposed to be bad and there is a travel ban effective as of 9pm in ct. What will the WWE do, will they have an empty arena? Any chance it will start early to accommodate the travel ban? Do I have a legit argument to get a refund? Thoughts?

try your best and show up find triple h. start crying and he'll break character and try to fix things by giving you a john cena care package

Oh I can't wait for the Daniel Bryan & Dolph Ziggler versus Kane & Big Show tag team match that surely will happen at Wrestlemania :smh:

Back
Top Bottom