Wrestling Thread July 1-7 | 7/1 RAW - Finally... Payback PPV Prediction Contest Results!

Despite teasing on Twitter that he may be going to WWE, Taz has signed a new deal with TNA.  His contract was set to expire in the next few weeks.

I just don't understand why you want to see Sting NOW.

RT @WWENXT: Look inside the New WWE Performance Center in Orlando, FL. See the @orlandosentinel gallery featuring the unveiling: http://t.co/mjRZE3kmmX

Cause he's never been in the WWE.. Why is it so confusing to people? :lol:

He deserves all the grandeur and spectacle of appearing on RAW/PPV and having his swan song moment. Hell he could just show up, drop down from the rafters smack Cena with a bat and diddy bop out the arean for all I care I just want the moment to happen.

Basically :lol:

Dude, people popped for Sid when he returned. I would say 20% of the live crowd wouldn't know who Sting is. Maybe. Even in TNA little kids do the Sting facepaint deal.
Nobody will know who Sting is. They barely pop for HBK or Flair anymore lol

That's just foolish.

:lol:

For real, even in Milwaukee they pop for legends

TNA has released the following wrestlers today:

Crimson
Joey Ryan
Christian York
Taelor Hendrix
Madison Rayne (contract expired, not renewed)

There are likely to be others as well as cost-cutting measures are taking place.

And fans are supposed to care about Gut Check?

Crimson has the look, but [apparently] nothing else. He's only 28 though, so he still has time to develop. Hell, if Curtis Axel has life, so can he. Joey Ryan has/had an awesome believeable character, he just took so long to get on, so that may have been his last big time (sort of) shot. I never knew what Christian York looked like until he came to TNA. I have been hearing about him since 1994 when I would buy PWI almenacs. he should just go to ROH or be a trainer or something. Don't really care for Taeler Hendrix. Not sure if she has the "WWE look", but whatever. Never cared for Madison Rayne either. She had a good character, but she's an [even] less attractive Kelly Kelly with a much more appealing character.

Basically
laugh.gif

For real, even in Milwaukee they pop for legends
Crimson has the look, but [apparently] nothing else. He's only 28 though, so he still has time to develop. Hell, if Curtis Axel has life, so can he. Joey Ryan has/had an awesome believeable character, he just took so long to get on, so that may have been his last big time (sort of) shot. I never knew what Christian York looked like until he came to TNA. I have been hearing about him since 1994 when I would buy PWI almenacs. he should just go to ROH or be a trainer or something. Don't really care for Taeler Hendrix. Not sure if she has the "WWE look", but whatever. Never cared for Madison Rayne either. She had a good character, but she's an [even] less attractive Kelly Kelly with a much more appealing character.
York been around for YEARS(DMV) i don't know why it just hasn't worked out for him. Good luck bruh

Peep, DangerousG, and others, a few quick spot fests.

WAR - Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Juventud Guerrera 20.07.1996 - YouTube

WAR Super J Cup 1995 Rey Mysterio Jr vs Psicosis - YouTube

^Good looks DC

That Mark Henry video package :pimp:

Curt Hawkins sighting :wow: :pimp:.....squashed by Big E :pimp:

Last edited:
One thing I used to love about wrestling used to be "Control Centers." PPV Control Centers that basically ran through the card and gave the rundown of what to expect. An example would be

WWF EVENT CENTER - SEAN MOONEY - YouTube

RT @KidKash202: Cool as hell how @WWERomanReigns @WWERollins and @TheDeanAmbrose find a CrossFit spot to get that work in no matter what city they are in

Yall follow them? Cool pics.

Peep what is your name on The Tweet.

Jay Briscoe was stripped of the ROH World Title today. This was filmed yesterday:

Jay Briscoe was stripped of the ROH World Title today. This was filmed yesterday:
Glad his contract hasn't been renewed with ROH. Dude is a straight clown, especially for his comments towards homosexuals

- The Ring of Honor contracts of both Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards are set to expire on 8/1, and there is at least interest on WWE's part in these two talents. Edwards and Richards were reportedly recommended to WWE by Sean Waltman.

- Word coming from backstage in WWE is that Daniel Bryan was not punished for his recent confrontation with Triple H because HHH did not feel punishment was in order. Some reports claim Vince McMahon was present for the confrontation, while other reports claim he was not, but either way, Vince has given full control of talent to Triple H, so when HHH felt it unnecessary to punish Daniel Bryan, Vince did not challenge his decision.

- Regarding SummerSlam, most WWE officials are certain that Daniel Bryan vs John Cena for the WWE Title is a lock for the PPV, and there are said to be quite a few Bryan supporters who are pushing for him to win the title.

- It's being reported that newly signed WWE Divas Jo Jo Offerman and Eva Marie, who will be appearing on the upcoming "Total Divas" reality show, are very bad in the ring. The two haven't spent much time in WWE developmental as they were hired coming out of WWE's LA Diva Search, and have been busy shooting footage for the reality show.

- It's being said that the main creative decision making for SummerSlam this year has all been Vince McMahon's doing, with Triple H leading the proposed McMahon family heel turn angle.

Head writer Dave Kreizman has been interfacing with other divisons and keeping them up to speed with McMahon's plans, and writers Ed Koskey and Dave Kapoor have been gathering ideas from the creative team, but the bulk of SummerSlam's direction this year has been mapped out by Vince himself.

- Apparently people within WWE were talking that the June 24th RAW rating was hurt partially due to CM Punk tweeting about how good the Chicago Blackhawks and the NHL playoffs were. The June 24th rating was absolutely hurt by the NHL game but the idea that it was due to Punk tweeting and turning wrestling fans into hockey fans is pretty far-fetched.

- Regarding reports of talents being paid late, apparently it’s office workers also and not just TNA wrestlers. A source says it would “surprise you greatly” at some of the talents who are being paid late.

- TNA’s Bruce Prichard has been making a play for former WWE star MVP to come in. If he does sign, he won’t be able to use the MVP name. MVP has been trying to pitch a reality show on prison life and being in TNA could open doors to Spike TV for the project.

- It's being reported that newly signed WWE Divas Jo Jo Offerman and Eva Marie, who will be appearing on the upcoming "Total Divas" reality show, are very bad in the ring. The two haven't spent much time in WWE developmental as they were hired coming out of WWE's LA Diva Search, and have been busy shooting footage for the reality show.

images

Of course Eva Marie and Jojo would stink in the ring. They have no background and are using WWE as a platform for their careers. Use them as valets because they will seriously get hurt in the ring. Total Divas shouldn't be a priority.

If I bought the new Daniel Bryan shirt, what would be the best way to black out the "Respect the Beard" part so that it's just a black bar over the eyes?

- Word coming from backstage in WWE is that Daniel Bryan was not punished for his recent confrontation with Triple H because HHH did not feel punishment was in order. Some reports claim Vince McMahon was present for the confrontation, while other reports claim he was not, but either way, Vince has given full control of talent to Triple H, so when HHH felt it unnecessary to punish Daniel Bryan, Vince did not challenge his decision.
Vintage GHIMSlater

NXT>>>Raw this week.

Cesaro gave a solid beating to Bo Dallas.Caught an Xavier Woods match. Krueger went in.

Back
Top Bottom