Wrestling Thread July 15 - Aug 4 | 8/2 TNA - Where MMA Fighters Not Named Brock Go - TITO, Rampage,

I was enjoying Ravens run with the title reign while it lasted. I think he had a pretty good dog collar match with Abyss.

What happened to Monty Brown? He wrestled in WWE for a little while then disappeared.

What happened to Monty Brown? He wrestled in WWE for a little while then disappeared.
pounce !!!!! he left and did/does personal training which is good money. 

In those early TNA days, you couldn't tell me Monty brown, Abyss, and AJ Styles weren't the best things going. I was so glad he came to the WWE. I hated that he wasn't able to leave a big mark on the company, but he also left on his own terms and before they made an embarrassment of him.

That pop.

Easily the best Steveweiser toast Austin ever made in the ring :pimp: .

If you watch that video, the pop starts at about the :55 mark and, literally, last for a minute and a half..I honestly can't think of a bigger pop than that..

- As reportedfor weeks, there was some backstage heat on The Shield but their Money in the Bank pre-show match against The Usos was so good that whatever heat they had was pretty much gone after that match.

As previously reported, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns were the two that officials were upset with. People within WWE believe the heat was over something petty. One source believed the issue was between Rollins and Big Show while another report was that Roman Reigns called out Randy Orton over a botched spot at a live event and that led to heat on him. Regardless of what happened, word is that there was a power struggle of sorts in that Vince McMahon wanted people punished and Triple H didn’t want them punished, so Triple H was fighting to keep them looking strong on TV.
Who has been reporting this for weeks?

The crowd was on fire for the Shield/Usos match and stayed hot for the World Title MITB Match.  It was when miz hit the scene that the crowd died.

IMO Last time Christian was entertaining was during that run he had as a heel in 2011. He had two Edge-like transitional World Title reigns, but the program with Orton actually turned out decent. We had a motivated Orton + Christian putting on good matches at consecutive PPV's.

"All I need...is ONE MORE MATCH."
laugh.gif

My dude doesn't really have any direction right now.
ohwell.gif
WWE didn't help him out either with his recent lackluster return.
Christian was actually a babyface when he first won the title right after Edge was forced to retire.  Then he had one of the worst heel turns in WWE history. He was still entertaining, but fans wanted to cheer Christian with the feel good story of Edge's best friend finally breaking through and winning the title.

To me WWE killed Christian when they sent him to TNA for the Sting Hall of Fame induction.  It was pointless for him to be there, Christian CLEARLY did not want to be there, and even though WWE sent him, WWE basically put Christian in the doghouse from that point forward.

- There is still no deal between The Ultimate Warrior and WWE but it’s said Warrior is more open to having a deal with them than he has been in the past. There continues to be talk about Warrior getting inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame during WrestleMania XXX weekend.

- There is still no deal between The Ultimate Warrior and WWE but it’s said Warrior is more open to having a deal with them than he has been in the past. There continues to be talk about Warrior getting inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame during WrestleMania XXX weekend.

The big news coming out of a possible DX induction is the return of Chyna to WWE TV. Word going around WWE is that she will be invited. Sources close to Chyna are also aware of a possible induction and there may have been some early communication between the two sides already.
Vintage.

There is ZERO chance that Chyna is ever back on WWE television. EVER.

Going back to the thing I posted about a week ago about Paige "not doing herself any favors" of getting called up to the main roster.  I had no idea she was only 20 years old.  Apparently, there was an incident involving partying/alcohol, which lead to her being considered no mature enough to be called up to the main roster.  WWE also doesn't want anyone under 21 on the road for obvious reasons.

i have no clue why but i had a dream about watching raw and there was a bunch of people beating down a masked wrestler and when he finally stopped getting up they unmasked him and it was visera and they made him explain himself and then his "leader" or whatever you want to call it came out and it was edge.........:wow: woke up very lost

- The reason the Rob Van Dam vs. Alberto Del Rio match ended the way it did on Friday night’s SmackDown was because Del Rio suffered a broken rib or ribs the night before in his match against Sheamus. The quick loss for RVD wasn’t meant to bury him or anything, it was just WWE’s attempt to gimmick their way out of a match that was previously advertised.

- Antonio Cesaro continues to receive “match of the night” and “match of the year” mentions. He wrestled Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel in a 30 minute match that was called “match of the night” at last night’s WWE live event in Sydney, Australia. Axel worked as a babyface and a fan in attendance noted that he played the role well.

- The reason the Rob Van Dam vs. Alberto Del Rio match ended the way it did on Friday night’s SmackDown was because Del Rio suffered a broken rib or ribs the night before in his match against Sheamus. The quick loss for RVD wasn’t meant to bury him or anything, it was just WWE’s attempt to gimmick their way out of a match that was previously advertised.

- Antonio Cesaro continues to receive “match of the night” and “match of the year” mentions. He wrestled Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel in a 30 minute match that was called “match of the night” at last night’s WWE live event in Sydney, Australia. Axel worked as a babyface and a fan in attendance noted that he played the role well.

Del Rio must not be hurt that bad because he was very active at the Thursday taping of next week's smackdown. He appeared in several segments, attacking Christian after he won the #1 contender triple threat match and then he defended his title against Ziggler (pretty sure that wont be televised).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom