Wrestling Thread Mar 14-20 | 3/18 Smackdown - Del Rio v Christian - Cage Match | Sheamus v Kofi

dude used to have a yellow and a white ic belt
pimp.gif

Warrior used to be my brothers favorite wrestler and Hogan was mine..When he beat Hogan for the title I got teased for weeks cause of it..Then I got to turn the tables when Slaughter took the strap..Ahh, the good ole days..

- The plan right now is for Triple H vs. The Undertaker to close WrestleMania 27. John Cena vs. The Miz for the WWE Title is scheduled to go third from the top, with a match in between Cena-Miz and Taker-HHH.

WWE officials are also heavily considering having Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler only wrestle and not announce, which would have Booker T and Josh Matthews call the show.

- Seth Barkley sent the following:

“I haven’t seen this anywhere but during Triple H’s appearance on Opie and Anthony last week, they talked about people not wanting to see John Cena in the main event of every RAW and pay-per-view event. Triple H agreed with them and said it’s a discussion WWE officials have all the time but they never make the change because they are concerned for ratings.

Power Slamrecently conducted an interview with Wayne Keown, better known as Dutch Mantel. Having been involved with the wrestling industry since 1973, he accepted a behind the scenes role with TNA Wrestling in 2003, where the company’s booking strategy often clashed with his own. Dutch discussed his experience with TNA and explained the organization’s booking philosophy.

After you left the IWA in 2003, you took a job on the TNA creative team. Your booking philosophy was at odds with TNA’s during Vince Russo’s early years with the company and after he officially returned in September 2006, I know you believe wrestling should be realistic, and feature clearly-defined characters and logical storylines which build to a conclusion. And, yet, you worked alongside Russo from September 2006 to summer 2009, a period in which TNA’s output typically consisted of the reverse: puerile characters and nonsensical storylines in a package which was often congested viewers found it impossible to digest what they had just seen.

I like Dixie Carter, but you can’t have too much [on iMPACT!]. They are so afraid somebody’s going to change the channel and go somewhere else.

I think TNA’s roster is much better than WWE’s. But when you’ve got someone like AJ Styles, you’ve got to let him wrestle. You’ve also got to get your characters over. TNA to me is trying to do the same things that WWE is doing. They’re trying to be a copy — and not a good one — instead of being the alternative. [TNA] has come under criticism … but the company can do what they want to do. Then again, I spent six years there watching them do things differently to how I would do them.

When Russo proposed ideas which you thought were ridiculous during creative meetings, would you object to them?

Everything in TNA was done by committee, by vote. I’ll say this about Vince: he has some pretty decent ideas at the start, but what he’s lacking — and Bret Hart, “Stone Cold

on a side note, I've never actually seen Dixie Carter til now, she is a MILF, I'd be all up in that Southern bell

this is old but did they really do this? wooow. tna shouldve been done after this

that $@## is just terrible. and i just seen that jeff hardy clip. the main event tho? of a ppv? smh. tna is dunzo. *****off and hogan really killin tna damn

Dutch Mantell is a really interesting guy. I've really enjoyed the radio shows each time he's been interviewed on Wrestling Observer.

GFlower8 wrote:
this is old but did they really do this? wooow. tna shouldve been done after this

that $@## is just terrible. and i just seen that jeff hardy clip. the main event tho? of a ppv? smh. tna is dunzo. *****off and hogan really killin tna damn

wow
eek.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

WWE officials are also heavily considering having Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler only wrestle and not announce, which would have Booker T and Josh Matthews call the show.

-

They should let Jim Ross, Matt Stryker, and Booker T call the matches.  I miss J.R. on the mic.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

-

They should let Jim Ross, Matt Stryker, and Booker T call the matches.  I miss J.R. on the mic.
Please God, NO Striker.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by KingJay718

-

Please God, NO Striker.
JRs Facts > strikers ramblings + facts

i hope it's not booker and josh. i might just mute WM.

Bring in joey stylez. let him do it by himself. yes yes.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Miz had me fooled for a second.
laugh.gif

My little brother called me all the way from his room to watch, thinking it was The Rock.

I was almost in tears when I saw Miz, especially when he stood on the turnbuckle. 
laugh.gif

- There has been talk of splitting up The Pretentious Pack (JNSQ & Hombrelobo) soon due to them not getting over as a team. One idea is to have one turn on the other but that is not confirmed .

- Speaking of JNSQ, he has been seen backstage training with his "friend" Nicole "Snookie" Pizzoli for her match at WM27.

- 4w has said to be on edge with everyone backstage getting ready for NTMania. Some of the talent have found him to be hard to work with recently.

- DSK had a bit of a setback while rehabing at the NTWF Wellness Program. He was caught with purple wristbands while he was in the cafeteria.

- DSK had a bit of a setback while rehabing at the NTWF Wellness Program. He was caught with purple wristbands while he was in the cafeteria.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

just read half the spoilers for next weeks impact

its the same crap over and over

dude tets busted open and id bleeding bad

bully ray and matt hardy are a new tag team (who cares)

someone comes back

how russo and bischoff are still there baffles me

Former TNA Knockout Daffney has posted the following on Twitter: "Yesterday my picture was taken down off of the TNA roster page. My contract expires today and TNA did not renew it. I do not know if it has anything to do with it, but I've filed a Workers Comp claim against them for injuries I've sustained in the ring and my lawyers said to not go into anymore details."

Heenan DVD is on netflix too. Sweet
pimp.gif

just read the spoilers for next weeks impact

Spoiler [+]
main event was rvd vs anderson with sting as special ref., it ended with no winner
indifferent.gif

3 straight weeks with the same crap.

i seriously hope tna dies before the year is over

- There has been talk of splitting up The Pretentious Pack (JNSQ & Hombrelobo) soon due to them not getting over as a team. One idea is to have one turn on the other but that is not confirmed .

- Speaking of JNSQ, he has been seen backstage training with his "friend" Nicole "Snookie" Pizzoli for her match at WM27.

- 4w has said to be on edge with everyone backstage getting ready for NTMania. Some of the talent have found him to be hard to work with recently.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I took off from work Thursday afternoon and all day Friday.  I'll have time watching the tournament.  Let's try to iron out a final NTWT Mania card.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Let's try to iron out a final NTWT Mania card.
It's not looking good.
DSK in rehab.
Club injured his ego.
ISS invasion pushed back.
No real challenge against hombre and I, and it's too early for either of us to turn on each other.
I guess we can phone it in and have 4w vs NobleKane, but that's been done to death.
Tennhouse vs 4w maybe, but is it really time to bring Tennhouse to the main event?
No MITB either, so we can't put all the low-card together [ie. DFly, toine, im that one] in one match.

Back
Top Bottom