Wrestling Thread Mar 7-13 | 3/13 TNA Victory Road - Sting vs Jeff Hardy | Beer Money vs Ink Inc

I'm becoming less excited about many as the weeks go on (no MITB
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
), I was on a high when the Rock returned but it doesn't seem like the card will be that great.  No HBK really sucks too, he truly is Mr. Wrestlemania.
vs. Cena

vs. Vince 

vs. Kurt

vs. Taker X2

vs. Flair 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 HBK=GOAT

If we've learned anything from watching countless hours of pro wrasslin' it's that the WWE will do small things that lead up to something with a purpose and they will also run huge angles that lead to no real resolution. This is evident to CM Punk having to the be the one to remind management about his punt from Orton (Which to my knowledge had no real resolution), the brief interaction between Sheamus and Daniel Byran had weeks ago on Raw leading us to a U.S. Title match @ WrestleMania (small thing) which seems plausible now given the quick resolution/burial to the HHH feud (huge thing with no real resolution) ), and the seemingly "regular" match up between Rhodes & Mysterio on a regular ol' SmackDown (small thing) that has now accumulated into a match @ WrestleMania.

Having said that I believe that all of the Rock/Cena build up will lead to The Miz retaining the WWE title @ WrestleMania. Rock/Cena will happen but it won't be for the WWE title and it won't be for a while. I figure it won't happen til SummerSlam at the earliest as The Rock only has one movie in production and two in post production. The timing would be perfect.

There is no need to take the title off The Miz right now and management knows that. That is why I believe The Rock has been brought in for WrestleMania. The WWE, IMO, is looking to accomplish three things out of this WrestleMania, one build up The Miz as a top star, two get a good buy rate, and three set up Rock/Cena.

Most of the time, WWE uses their biggest stars to give WrestleMania an epic feel (HHH and Taker as an example), but this year it looks like they are strongly considering using WrestleMania to make new big stars. (Which is why Del Rio, Bryan, and Rhodes will be going over as well IMO) The time to press down on the accelerator for some guys is now, given the number of huge names getting ready to retire in the next couple of years, and it'd be fitting to do so in Atlanta. Home of WCW, a wrestling promotion that never quite learned that lesson, or, when it did, it was way too little and way too late.

I'm excited to see what the WWE gives us tonight on Raw. Hopefully, it'll be a whole hell of a lot better then last week's episode.

Also, I hope we see SCSA/Punk interaction tonight given the stunt he pulled in Boston earlier this year.

And is hombrelobo the only NT'er getting a shot out in the thread preview?
Spoiler [+]
pimp.gif

alex-wright-dancing-o.gif

If we've learned anything from watching countless hours of pro wrasslin' it's that the WWE will do small things that lead up to something with a purpose and they will also run huge angles that lead to no real resolution. This is evident to CM Punk having to the be the one to remind management about his punt from Orton (Which to my knowledge had no real resolution), the brief interaction between Sheamus and Daniel Byran had weeks ago on Raw leading us to a U.S. Title match @ WrestleMania (small thing) which seems plausible now given the quick resolution/burial to the HHH feud (huge thing with no real resolution) ), and the seemingly "regular" match up between Rhodes & Mysterio on a regular ol' SmackDown (small thing) that has now accumulated into a match @ WrestleMania.

Having said that I believe that all of the Rock/Cena build up will lead to The Miz retaining the WWE title @ WrestleMania. Rock/Cena will happen but it won't be for the WWE title and it won't be for a while. I figure it won't happen til SummerSlam at the earliest as The Rock only has one movie in production and two in post production. The timing would be perfect.

There is no need to take the title off The Miz right now and management knows that. That is why I believe The Rock has been brought in for WrestleMania. The WWE, IMO, is looking to accomplish three things out of this WrestleMania, one build up The Miz as a top star, two get a good buy rate, and three set up Rock/Cena.

Most of the time, WWE uses their biggest stars to give WrestleMania an epic feel (HHH and Taker as an example), but this year it looks like they are strongly considering using WrestleMania to make new big stars. (Which is why Del Rio, Bryan, and Rhodes will be going over as well IMO) The time to press down on the accelerator for some guys is now, given the number of huge names getting ready to retire in the next couple of years, and it'd be fitting to do so in Atlanta. Home of WCW, a wrestling promotion that never quite learned that lesson, or, when it did, it was way too little and way too late.

I'm excited to see what the WWE gives us tonight on Raw. Hopefully, it'll be a whole hell of a lot better then last week's episode.

Also, I hope we see SCSA/Punk interaction tonight given the stunt he pulled in Boston earlier this year.

And is hombrelobo the only NT'er getting a shot out in the thread preview?
Spoiler [+]
pimp.gif

alex-wright-dancing-o.gif

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

theory is sound.... I don't think it will happen. Two heels winning the top matches at WM. And Miz over Cena.
With that said.... I really hope it happens. The Rock costs cena the title, sets them up for SS.
and give Bryan 30 mins to work. That's what I want.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

theory is sound.... I don't think it will happen. Two heels winning the top matches at WM. And Miz over Cena.
With that said.... I really hope it happens. The Rock costs cena the title, sets them up for SS.
and give Bryan 30 mins to work. That's what I want.

Im very ready for SCSA to come back tonight..I know Ive seen it talked about in here before, but can someone tell me the time and channel for Tough Enough?..When does it premier?..

Im very ready for SCSA to come back tonight..I know Ive seen it talked about in here before, but can someone tell me the time and channel for Tough Enough?..When does it premier?..

Originally Posted by casekicks

It will be on USA.  It debuts April 4, the night after WrestleMania.  The first week, it will air directly after Raw.  From that point forward, it will air both at 8pm and 11pm (the same episode).

Originally Posted by casekicks

It will be on USA.  It debuts April 4, the night after WrestleMania.  The first week, it will air directly after Raw.  From that point forward, it will air both at 8pm and 11pm (the same episode).

My personal opinion, Smackdown vs RAW 2006 is the GOAT. Followed by Wrestlemania 2000, Here comes the Pain and No Mercy64 in that order.

My personal opinion, Smackdown vs RAW 2006 is the GOAT. Followed by Wrestlemania 2000, Here comes the Pain and No Mercy64 in that order.

Originally Posted by ESyDC

Here comes the Pain is definitely in my top 10 games ever. Just Bring It was real good too. It was such an upgrade from Smackdown 2

Originally Posted by ESyDC

Here comes the Pain is definitely in my top 10 games ever. Just Bring It was real good too. It was such an upgrade from Smackdown 2

Back
Top Bottom