Wrestling Thread May 11-31 | 5/29 Elim Chamber Pred Contest AND Extr Rules & Payback Contest Results

Congrats homie!
Has he really carried it for 10 years though?..I don't personally think so..I feel like Sammartino, Hogan, Austin, and Rock carried the WWE..But to me Cena hasn't cause it's not been til recently that they've had just 1 title..So how can you have 2 world titles but only give credit to 1 man for carrying the company?..I know he's the most popular over his span (Even though He Who Shant Be Named could have a good argument)..
Ric Flair will always be the GOAT..

Wasn't the big gold belt always secondary to the wwe? I remember it being the smackdown belt and raw had the wwe belt, where raw was the main show and smackdown being the b show. Kinda like the ic belt now without the brand split. Either way I don't think anyone was as big as cena who was with the company full time during his run.

Flair tiger mask liger and mysterio are my personal favorites but I just think cena has made the wwe bigger instead of just himself which I don't think any guys before him (austin, flair, rock, Hogan etc) has done. Or is he just the right guy at the right place in the right time?

Wasn't the big gold belt always secondary to the wwe? I remember it being the smackdown belt and raw had the wwe belt, where raw was the main show and smackdown being the b show. Kinda like the ic belt now without the brand split. Either way I don't think anyone was as big as cena who was with the company full time during his run.

Flair tiger mask liger and mysterio are my personal favorites but I just think cena has made the wwe bigger instead of just himself which I don't think any guys before him (austin, flair, rock, Hogan etc) has done. Or is he just the right guy at the right place in the right time?

Austin and Hogan were bigger than Cena by far..And Austin is the biggest of them all..He took the industry to a place that I don't think will ever be seen again..Between ratings, ppv buys, merch, and main stream attention there is none bigger than Austin..

SomberVigorousAmphibian.gif

izvVKw2.gif

Austin and Hogan were bigger than Cena by far..And Austin is the biggest of them all..He took the industry to a place that I don't think will ever be seen again..Between ratings, ppv buys, merch, and main stream attention there is none bigger than Austin..

Cena had way less to work with talent and competition wise. Austin and wrestling in general wouldn't have been as big if it weren't for wcw/nwo and Vince playing heel and being pg. Cena is going to China and cutting promos in mandarin

Cena had way less to work with talent and competition wise. Austin and wrestling in general wouldn't have been as big if it weren't for wcw/nwo and Vince playing heel and being pg. Cena is going to China and cutting promos in mandarin

And Hogan wouldn't have been as big if it weren't for Andre..And Flair wouldn't have been as big if it weren't for Dusty and Ricky..And Shawn wouldn't have been as big if it weren't for Bret (and vice versa)..So what exactly is your point..Austin is thee biggest thing that's ever been in wrestling..Period..At the height of his popularity you could go in damn near any clothing store and find and Austin 3:16 shirt, and you could see people wearing his merch that didn't even follow wrestling, and he was the cover of all the major magazine/newpapers at the time and on all the main stream tv shows..

cena can't be in the goat discussion because he's basic as it gets in the ring. Dude looks like an amateur in there sometimes with how bad some of his 5 moves look. There's no denying he made them a ton of money and is loved by little kids though even if he cheated on his wife multiple times.

Last edited:
If we're talking goat...let's go a different route - who are you putting on the WWF/E Mount Rushmore?  For me, Cena isn't in that discussion, much less the goat. Hogan and Austin are automatic.  After that, a case could be made for a handful of guys before I'd even think of Cena, lol

And Hogan wouldn't have been as big if it weren't for Andre..And Flair wouldn't have been as big if it weren't for Dusty and Ricky..And Shawn wouldn't have been as big if it weren't for Bret (and vice versa)..So what exactly is your point..Austin is thee biggest thing that's ever been in wrestling..Period..At the height of his popularity you could go in damn near any clothing store and find and Austin 3:16 shirt, and you could see people wearing his merch that didn't even follow wrestling, and he was the cover of all the major magazine/newpapers at the time and on all the main stream tv shows..

The Rock, Andre, and Hogan are the only ones that can compare to Austin... Those 3 are the only wrestlers to transcend wrestling... Which is amazing on SCSA's case, because I don't think non wrestling fans can name anything he's done outside of Wrestling...

If we're talking goat...let's go a different route - who are you putting on the WWF/E Mount Rushmore?  For me, Cena isn't in that discussion, much less the goat. Hogan and Austin are automatic.  After that, a case could be made for a handful of guys before I'd even think of Cena, lol
If there were ever a WWE/F Mt Rushmore, it would be Hogan, Austin, Rock, and HBK or Bret.

Back
Top Bottom