Wrestling Thread May 11-31 | 5/29 Elim Chamber Pred Contest AND Extr Rules & Payback Contest Results

And a finisher should actually finish the match and not be used 3-5 per match unless its one of the big 3(survivor series is trash). It just proves or move is mediocre.

A move can't be someone's finisher for their whole damn career man.

I mean look at it in simple fighting game logic. The hadoken's power in SF 2 > Street Fighter 4. After a while, your opponents SHOULD learn how to diminish the blow of it. I can't agree.

All of those moves should become signatures after while, IF the wrestler is evolving.

Only WWE moves that should be protected are the RKO and the F5. Everything else, in a few years should be kick-out-able.

So nah, can't agree that DDT and Piledriver should STILL be finishers.

The same way TIm Hardaway's UTEP 2-Step isn't as effective today as it was in 93. Why? Because opponents are more exposed to it, so what does that say about the scouting ability of your talent roster if all of them are getting beat by the same damn move for 10+ years?

piledriver is a believable finisher since it can break your neck. but yeah some evolution would be nice. i dont mind the multiple kick outs. but in big matches when it makes sense. not on raw every week.

Finishers should have impact that believably will keep a man down. Whats more believable that driving a man head first into the mat?
A Hulk Hogan leg drop to the neck. (not srs)

Always wondered why, his leg drop ended matches and everyone else's didn't. lol.

love the finisher talk.

Sweet Chin Music still one of if not my favorite.

was never a fan of submissions, even though i was a huge Brett Hart fan as a kid.

oh and BTW...

what the EF is with the "knockout punch" for Big Slow.

is he really that fat and lazy that he cant do the chokeslam anymore?

when did this happen

Last edited:
What up boys..I miss anything tonight?..I was at the Cincy Reds game with my dad..We was right behind home plate, got to drink a couple beers, ate about a pound of cheese fries, and the Red Legs won..Great night..Need to get a wrestling fix, so tell me if I need to catch up on anything..

Nice! You hit up that new Frybox spot? Place is insane! Don't forget to hang onto your ticket for free Larosas haha.

A move can't be someone's finisher for their whole damn career man.

I mean look at it in simple fighting game logic. The hadoken's power in SF 2 > Street Fighter 4. After a while, your opponents SHOULD learn how to diminish the blow of it. I can't agree.

All of those moves should become signatures after while, IF the wrestler is evolving.

Only WWE moves that should be protected are the RKO and the F5. Everything else, in a few years should be kick-out-able.

So nah, can't agree that DDT and Piledriver should STILL be finishers.

The same way TIm Hardaway's UTEP 2-Step isn't as effective today as it was in 93. Why? Because opponents are more exposed to it, so what does that say about the scouting ability of your talent roster if all of them are getting beat by the same damn move for 10+ years?

Video games are different. Fighters can get more powerful and others moves will do less. A DDT in 2015 will still do the same damage it did in 1985. The human anatomy doesn't change.

love the finisher talk.

Sweet Chin Music still one of if not my favorite.

was never a fan of submissions, even though i was a huge Brett Hart fan as a kid.

oh and BTW...

what the EF is with the "knockout punch" for Big Slow.

is he really that fat and lazy that he cant do the chokeslam anymore?

when did this happen
ALL UH DIS.

The KO punch has to be the dumbest finisher ever. Really wish Kane and Show would hang it up. I now have them ahead of Cena on my list.

I agree that finisher should evolve. I also hate when strong men take off the straps of the singlet like THAT what was holding your power back......

I agree that finisher should evolve. I also hate when strong men take off the straps of the singlet like THAT what was holding your power back......
it was only cool when kurt angle did it.
i agree. Angle did it with so much ferocity tho, almost like..."i aint f'n round no mo!"

i miss that dude in the E 
frown.gif

SF>>>>>>>>>> any other fighter :smokin

And that Kevin steen gif a page or so back was completely unnecessary for just a DDT. Indy logic but the marks love it cause he did a flip and it looked cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom