Wrestling Thread May 21-27 | 5/27 WWE Superstar® Brock Lesnar Appears at UFC 146, Meets w/ Dana

eek.gif
10Gs for the light up jacket

eek.gif

I'm on that board on GameFAQs and I've never been into that topic, lemme investigate...

Edit:
Dude claims he shot this video: - and that white haired guy infront of him is Pat Patterson. Looks legit.

On Sheamus as the next Cena and a Cena heel turn:
“Sheamus is being built as the next John Cena. Which is a good thing, because it will free up Cena to do other things in the future, like turn heel. Kids love Sheamus. He moves merch. He's good at press appearances and talk shows and junk. He's the best possible candidate to replace Cena as the top babyface.  As far as the man personally, I don't remember hearing anything interesting. He's just a loyal hardworking guy. Last I heard he wanted to add a cloverleaf as another finishing move.

From what I've heard, Cena would LOVE to turn heel. The Thuganomics character was a lot more like his real persona, and I know he feels limited by being a face. It's the company and Vince that doesn't want to take the leap until they have an established replacement for him, which is most likely Sheamus. It's not just the show itself, but they need someone that can do all the Make A Wish stuff, the PR appearances, the sponsorships, etc that Cena does. Cena works his $+! off for the company, and nobody else even comes close right now. So there's a lot of things lost in turning him heel.â€

that was a great interview - interesting stuff - just unfortunate how many stupid last minute changes are made - and it seems like no matter how many "competent" writers you put in the room that'll come up with a great story, 9/10 it'll get nixed or changed.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

that was a great interview - interesting stuff - just unfortunate how many stupid last minute changes are made - and it seems like no matter how many "competent" writers you put in the room that'll come up with a great story, 9/10 it'll get nixed or changed.

Too many chefs in the kitchen

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Too many chefs in the kitchen
agreed - there is also time wasted on a watered down SmackDown - and not enough stars to build around on the roster - but it doesn't seem like anything will change anytime soon

Smackdown should be used the way WWF Superstars was on Saturdays to devlop storylines and new characters and for the mediocre titles, raw should be stricktly for title matches, and numberone contendors.

Nothing about WWE is going to change anytime soon because Vince McMahon is ashamed to be in the wrestling business..For some reason he feels like it's a bad thing to be associated with wrestling in any way, shape, or form..It's sad to say, but until Vince dies the product will stay the way it is..I really believe once he is gone the wwe will start to revert back to the product being about wrestling/titles/feuds and be less about "soap opera"-esque storylines and the tv shows will have more matches and way less talking..And say what you want about HHH burying guys and being power hungry(which he does and is) but I feel like at this point the wwe would be better off if he had final say on the tv shows and storylines than VKM..

It wouldbe nice to see WWE go back to basics with how thye used to develop feuds and do things where you for a moment believed it to be real, such as the Pillman Austin house break in, and other moments.

great post wolfy, anywhere else where i can just read like, HOURS of wrestling related stories/gossip?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by retrogearsolid

Originally Posted by toine2983

DSK got sniped for calling a Miami Heat "fan"/ troll a girl in the Pacers/Heat thread. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Not surprised by that at all. Dude is the Rasheed Wallace of NT. He can just stare at a post and get suspended.
Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

News and notes were a great read, muchos gracias senor. Now go get yourself banned.
It's almost like telling someone to off themself.

"$#!##. Go get DSK'd"
Originally Posted by Grizzly Hebert

DSK, Seriously though....

How many times have you been banned?

Ol' delinquent *%* +@@!$.
roll.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Y'all ain't ##%%.

toine basically said it...all over some petty ##%% with a peon in S&T. I wasn't even going hard but w/e...same ol' BS. Times are different on NT, it's like the current NBA. A hard foul back in the day is a flagrant 2 now. But then again...I was getting punished in those days too so what gives.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

retro, that quote is sig-worthy.

lobo with the
pimp.gif
post. Lots of good info. I'm usually wary of the "I'm on a forum and have inside info because I know/worked  _____" type joints but I believe it's legit based off what I've heard/read myself. Certain things in there make perfect sense if you follow this stuff.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Ziggler definitely is going to get his day. Now that we know what happened with him...whats the deal with Cody and will they ever bring Brian Kendrick back?
Cody might feud with Punk after the Bryan stuff is done. I haven't read anything on Kendrick but it's possible they bring him in for the cruiserweight show on the WWE Network (depending how soon they get everything in order w/ that).

One more little tidbit.

Alex Shelley celebrated his 29th birthday at a party Tuesday night. A topic of discussion was his departure from TNA and possible move to WWE. Shelley made it clear it was his decision to leave TNA and there was no deal in place with WWE.
Shelley reportedly received a call from a top WWE star earlier this week who inquired about his status and let him know a lot of people were interested. Shelley let this particular star know his obligations with TNA were finished and he was free to do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. Alex even said he had considered going back to school to finish his degree.

Our source indicated that Chris Sabin is definitely leaving TNA at the end of the summer.
Other than that, Shelley is expected to be offered a WWE contract in the near future.

- Updated numbers from WWE show that the WrestleMania 28 pay-per-view did 1.21 million buys, down from the previously reported 1.3 million buys.

- WWE officials feel that the Rotunda brothers have potential to be major stars. Taylor Rotunda worked the recent NXT tapings at Full Sail University as Bo Dallas while Windham Rotunda, the former Husky Harris, worked the NXT tapings with his new Bray Wyatt gimmick.

TNA Files Lawsuit Against WWE and Former TNA/WWE Employee
TNA filed suit against WWE and former employee Brian Wittenstein on a number of charges related to contract tampering.

The story in pwinsider.com lists that the lawsuit claimed interference with existing contracts, conversion, breach of contract, civil conspiracy, unfair competition and violatoin of the Tennessee Uniform Trade Secrets Act.

The suit claims that Wittenstein, who worked for TNA and then moved to WWE, gave WWE inside information on TNA contracts.

Wittenstein was recently let go by WWE after he presented thenm with confidential contractual information about TNA talent.  But TNA claims WWE did not let them know about this until weeks late, claiming WWE told them on 5/7 that was why Wittenstein was let go.

TNA claims they used that information and have been in talks with Ric Flair, who approached TNA about getting out of his contract (so the stories of TNA firing Flair are not true, it was Flair who asked out of the deal).  They noted Flair is wanting to go to WWE, and said it was Flair no-showing all of his recent dates.  That also contradicts stories that TNA pulled him from those dates.

TNA filed for an injunction as well demanding WWE and Wittenstein return all confidential material Wittenstein had from his period working for TNA.

The filing of the lawsuit explains why both TNA and Flair had been quiet when it came to his no longer appearing for TNA over the past two weeks.

Very interesting story.  I'm sure there will be many more developments.

^ i gave lobo the card for him to run on his Sim. he only ran the matches I posted here.

my sim doesnt work, and i was only "filling in" temporarily anyways.
only qualifying contest confirmed is Catman vs ITO

shame. NTKOTR is genius

i dont buy this tna crowd being into it all the time.

tna has to be giving them discounts on tix or something

looks like aj borrowed stings gloves

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Alot of them are plants

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

All shows at the Impact Zone (TVs and PPVs) are free to attend.
There is heavy crowd "sweetening" on TV.  That's why Impact crowds seems so much better than PPV crowds.  We'll see the change next week when Impact goes live.

Back
Top Bottom