Wrestling Thread Nov 24- Dec 7 | 12/1 Will Vince Address Punk Live on Austin's Podcast After Raw?

the most important thing is Punk told nothing, but the truth.

especially on the CM Punk vs Triple H NOC 2011 match. Punk should've gone over, but good ole shovel had to bury him!

What made no sense wash Nash interfering.

Spoiler on New Day
eyes.gif
mean.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B3iv7XWIAAAcS2D.mp4
Never fails

While two weeks' notice is (not-so) common courtesy I don't think it's mandatory by any means; you hear of a lot of people who resign "effective immediately", which is just a politically correct way of saying they quit. Based on what Punk's said the WWE has shown little regard for his physical health and was pressuring him to return sooner than he felt physically capable, a pretty serious thing made all the more serious by the fact that his occupation revolves around his physical well-being. That to me sounds like an unsafe working environment, and it's not like there was a shortage of guys who wanted to fill his spot. But these are the areas where the differences between being a professional wrestler and working a corporate job are more pronounced.

The thing about gratitude is that it, as with most things, is a two-way street. Just like any wrestler before or after him Punk gave the WWE (and all of the other promotions he worked for) his body, and over the last little while there was a steadily-growing list of "notches in his belt", incidents where he felt he was getting the raw end of a deal: putting over part-timers, being rushed to get back in the ring, being asked to sacrifice a bigger paycheck by turning heel, having to work with someone who already had a record of being an unsafe performer in the ring, and so on. At that point, not a lot of people would have "taken the high road" and allowed themselves to be written off. Given the opinion of Punk backstage he probably would have been sent off in humiliating (certainly in his eyes) fashion, and for somebody who takes so much pride in not portraying a character in the ring I'm willing to bet Punk wouldn't have taken that lying down, either. You might call him ungrateful for that - I certainly don't - but I'd have less respect for him as a man if he had stuck around and let them do him dirty one more time, on top of all of the other incidents he's mentioned.
Come on dude, Punk isn't new.  Heck, I don't even wrestle and I know that performing injured isn't uncommon.  I'm sure WWE isn't the first time he's encountered that either.  That's just a part of the business.  Athletes in other sports have to work like that as well.  When a company is paying you millions, they want to see a return on investment and your health isn't always considered.  If you want to make millions and be the top guy then that's what you have to deal with, everyone knows this.

You're right it's a two-way street, Punk performed and in return, they made him one of the top guys.  I mean, he's living off of the CM Punk gimmick because of the WWE right now.

All I'm gonna say is, CM Punk did all this whining meanwhile Taker lets Brock (a part-timer) break his streak and doesn't cry and complain or do a shoot on the company about it.

Let's just agree to disagree.  You're obviously a CM Punk fan and I'm not, so this won't go anywhere.  Though, I will give you credit for a good argument.

Last edited:
Come on dude, Punk isn't new.  Heck, I don't even wrestle and I know that performing injured isn't uncommon.  I'm sure WWE isn't the first time he's encountered that either.  That's just a part of the business.  Athletes in other sports have to work like that as well.  When a company is paying you millions, they want to see a return on investment and your health isn't always considered.  If you want to make millions and be the top guy then that's what you have to deal with, everyone knows this.

You're right it's a two-way street, Punk performed and in return, they made him one of the top guys.  I mean, he's living off of the CM Punk gimmick because of the WWE right now.

All I'm gonna say is, CM Punk did all this whining meanwhile Taker lets Brock (a part-timer) break his streak and doesn't cry and complain or do a shoot on the company about it.

Let's just agree to disagree.  You're obviously a CM Punk fan and I'm not, so this won't go anywhere.  Though, I will give you credit for a good argument.

Agreed, and I you. Well played, sir. *post-match respect handshake*

repped for sharing my same feelings toward Phil

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom