Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

Vince didn't like it when he married lanA behind WWE back.
I remember Sev also mentioning they didn't like it when he cut his hair without telling them first.
Dude kinda thinks he's the ish. :lol: I wouldn't care for that stuff either if I was his boss.

Sorry Sev. You da homie tho! :nthat:

#WWELogic

I remember Sev also mentioning they didn't like it when he cut his hair without telling them first.
Dude kinda thinks he's the ish. :lol: I wouldn't care for that stuff either if I was his boss.

yea they def could have used his hair cut as an embarrassing angle, if he didn't understand that I don't give him much credit at all

you don't think expanding plays a big part? dude literally has had 2 bollywood productions this summer

Juice got pushed because of the India expansion, same with Lun getting dragged along to the China events. It promotes the brand non-domestically when in all reality, those fans usually wanna see the Cena's, Jericho's, Rock's, etc. Nobody gave a damn about Juice in 3MB and they don't give a damn now. It is something they don't have constant live at hand access too. We could argue the same when we go to NJPW/ROH shows to see LIJ, BC, Okada, etc. We who don't travel abroad do not have the at hand access to the product we wish to consume, therefore when given the chance we lap it up over the already at hand product we have.

With that said, people are quick to back their own even if they idealistically may be very different for the sake of not only fitting in but they have a like "identity" to whatever the object is they are glomming onto.

I could use my own complex situation as an example in that when Japanese current events happen, I identify more with what goes on there, even though I am not a national native simply through my time spent and invested in the country, my travels, and the people there. That does not make me Japanese, it really only means how I may identify in a cultural context falls closer in line to that place. I will never be Japanese, it isn't possible, and if it is, the hoops to jump through are just far to difficult to traverse to make it worthwhile I am afraid.

i mean maybe i'm missing something but rusev is the 3rd ranked heel on SD, only because jinder is champ and ko is a better talent/character...... where do you guys see rusev that he is hurting?

Cumulative booking decisions over the past few years. Stupid, nonsensical feud with Ziggler, losing to Cena/Reigns at every turn, Mishandling the League of Nations booking, losing to Orton in seconds at the 2nd biggest event?

I don't know, maybe not getting RKO'd and eating a pin 10 seconds into his match?

He should be where Jinder is right now. I enjoyed his rise from 3MB and he's played his character well but I'm sick of being put to sleep by his matches over and over again.

They set Rusev up for failure by having him feud with Cena and Orton back to back.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_of8192Tnij1tdq64wo2_500.gif

yGAhf17.gif

caacfll5p7hz.jpg

k1RP5XZ.gif

QuerulousSolidIberianbarbel-size_restricted.gif

25827761fcebe230f9f6f7d3feae03c2ac39aa2c_hq.jpg

drewdioxin2345 drewdioxin2345
oUqeYI0.gif

lKXJdgF.gif

RecentHoarseBadger-size_restricted.gif

a5f0e720a52fcb59c116b4ac277cb2451536bf62_hq.gif

zmjA4ua.gif

fMmCxJa.gif

hnwgtbwwjhty.gif

Atc3Mn6.gif
aLdXdQ2.png

Cumulative booking decisions over the past few years. Stupid feud with Ziggler, losing to Cena/Reigns at every turn, Mishandling the League of Nations booking, losing to Orton in seconds at the 2nd biggest event?
repeating the history doesn't answer the question, is he not a top ranked heel on SD, if he is then explain how he is hurting

On the subject of Ruru, I think Vince's ridiculous attempt to continue clinging to kayfabe bit him in the *** unfairly. It sucks because I really liked when he was booked well early on. Dude was a monster, super quick and athletic for such a big dude, imposing persona/charisma, decent move set. I dug it, what a waste.

On the subject of Ruru, I think Vince's ridiculous attempt to continue clinging to kayfabe bit him in the *** unfairly. It sucks because I really liked when he was booked well early on. Dude was a monster, super quick and athletic for such a big dude, imposing persona/charisma, decent move set. I dug it, what a waste.
i keep asking you guys to explain how it's wasted, i see him as the 3rd ranked heel on SD, where do you guys see him that you feel he is wasted

i keep asking you guys to explain how it's wasted, i see him as the 3rd ranked heel on SD, where do you guys see him that you feel he is wasted

I think all the main points were hit but I will concur in the burial that happened last night with Randall, the Cena stuff, but really that could be said of anybody at this point not named AJ or Swagsuke, and that time he had off I don't truly buy was for rest/honeymoon. I mean, they even split him and Lana up, I think that was petty backstage garbage.

Out of how many legit heels is ranked 3rd on Smackdown? Our point is he's not seen as a legit threat when he's eating pins in 10 seconds on a PPV and getting booked to lose to everyone he goes up against. It doesn't matter what his character is supposed to dictate.

I think all the main points were hit but I will concur in the burial that happened last night with Randall, the Cena stuff, but really that could be said of anybody at this point not named AJ or Swagsuke, and that time he had off I don't trully buy was for rest/honeymoon. I mean, they even split him and Lana up, I think that was petty backstage garbage.
that's the point I don't see him getting any kind of treatment orton or cena opponents don't get, but you didn't answer my question if they hurt his character, where do you have him ranked on sd

o by no means an i saying he's looked strong in these 2 fueds, but thats the point rusev's dominance is inherent in his character, which is why they fed him to cena and orton

True. It just makes no sense. New look, returning from a lay-off/injury, and your 1st two feuds are Cena and Orton???? There is no way he'd win either of those feuds, and I really think that was by design. The way he's treated, you'd think he was a former WCW wrestlers in the peak of the Monday Night Wars. This is a young talented homegrown guy, and he's yet basically Shawn Staziak or Bill DeMott right now.

Out of how many legit heels is ranked 3rd on Smackdown? Our point is he's not seen as a legit threat when he's eating pins in 10 seconds on a PPV and getting booked to lose to everyone he goes up against. It doesn't matter what his character is supposed to dictate.
really are you that guy, I don't care if the fight is an hour or 10 seconds, the character is who the character is built up to be, unless you tell me he will debut some new moves I don't need the match to tell me his character, blame the roster but don't tell me he's hurting and it's only the 3rd heel because of lack of talent, so if they get better talent in he falls, so he isn't that good?

Looks like Cass' injury is serious. He's likely to be out for a while. Meanwhile they are stuck having to put Enzo on TV due to his merch sales and the reaction he gets from the kiddies despite the heat backstage (allegedly).

when tmz breaks kayfabe for you :lol:
rusev/lana ruined a storyline that vince probably was all hard for

the kid is talented, but the wwe has their ways of doing things

True. It just makes no sense. New look, returning from a lay-off/injury, and your 1st two feuds are Cena and Orton???? There is no way he'd win either of those feuds, and I really think that was by design. The way he's treated, you'd think he was a former WCW wrestlers in the peak of the Monday Night Wars. This is a young talented homegrown guy, and he's yet basically Shawn Staziak or Bill DeMott right now.
no way Bill demote was not in legit fueds with top tier guys charging their 17th and 14th title reign, I disagree

Back
Top Bottom