Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

Vince is a promoter. What else would you call him.

Kayfabe is dead because of the wrestling business, not some stupid internet loaera

Vince is an owner of a Sports Entertainment group. What is he promoting? Indy wrestling have promoters, Vince hasnt promoted **** since his days in Portland Maine.

Kayfabe is dead DUE to the internet, in my opinion, but I want to hear why you say kayfabe is dead because of the wrestling business.

it's a fair point that someone's required level of success to have their character taken seriously is inherently tied to the nature of that character.

Money Mayweather gets to never shut the **** up about how great he is because he has never been defeated in his sport so...like, what?

"The Notorious" Conor McGregot maintains his notoriety not because he is unbeaten or unbeatable, but because he's just the scrappiest loudmouth Irish bastard on the planet and blah blah blah.

as a result of its resilient nature, his gimmick is so widely accepted that he is given credibility to compete in an almost completely different sport on a world-class level, almost like a championship Indian cricket player signed to an MLB team's 40 man playoff roster as a designated hitter.

bottom line is if your whole thing is that you're a unassailable badass, you have to perform like one every step of the way to be perceived as successful.

Ronda Rousey.
i don't think that is the case in a scripted sport, if a MMA fighter keeps talking trash but getting beat fairly that's not the same as someone that is scripted to lose, MMA characters can't equate to wrestling characters, because an MMA character is a fighter..... i would rather you used scripted characters as comparisons to scripted characters, because wwe characters don't control their win/loss record

Last edited:
So in other words, DNA Drew,

You are calling yourself TranS-Japanese?

If I were keen on labels, a Transnational might work. I prefer the idea of Global Citizenry, but because of capitalism, consumerism, various socio-political/economic factors at work, and our species' gross focus on difference instead of similarity, my dream of seeing that become a thing is not as high a concern right now.

Vince is an owner of a Sports Entertainment group. What is he promoting? Indy wrestling have promoters, Vince hasnt promoted **** since his days in Portland Maine.

Kayfabe is dead DUE to the internet, in my opinion, but I want to hear why you say kayfabe is dead because of the wrestling business.

Self reflexivity.

i don't think that is the case in a scripted sport, if a MMA fighter keeps talking trash but getting beat fairly that's not the same as someone that is scripted to lose, MMA characters can't equate to wrestling characters, because an MMA character is a fighter

all sports are scripted to an extent, or do you actually believe Brock Lesnar earned a championship bout in his fourth professional fight after losing his debut match and replacing an injured competitor?

are you under the impression that the NBA draft process is transparent and the league does not actively funnel talent to large markets?

hell, do you really believe every single thing went the Patriots' way in the Super Bowl last year? :lol: okay, let me stop.

all I'm saying is that athletes of all stripes are products, and whether anybody buys your brand or not fundamentally depends on whether you deliver on what you promise.

this is why terms like "underdog" and "dynasty" exist.

this is why people make fun of the Cowboys despite the fact that they have won about 10 percent of all Super Bowls to date...the gimmick is generational dominance, the current reality is mediocrity.

which brings me to the political portion of my post--nope, wait, outta time.

IMG_1042.JPG

@22stylez Meangene45 Meangene45
New pickups still need that AJ pop.

Big Sev and Bray are in the same predicament. Bray just been in it longer. The thought of him looking like a top heel is nice, but then he can never back it up, so there's no credibility.
maybe I just define credibility different, ascension isn't credible, bray n rusev haven't done anything to tarnish their character imo

Pardon my ignorance guys but how good of an in-ring performer is Kairi? Put me on. :emoji_eyes:

Best Elbow drop since Randy, infectious fighting spirit and smile, super expressive with her face/eyes, dresses like a pirate. Ex- Champion ACE of Stardom.

Also did a really cool program in LU where she fought Pentagon with Io and Mayu Iwatani where they took some hellacious bumps but dished out some pain themselves to Pentagon. Worth the watch.

Last edited:
all sports are scripted to an extent, or do you actually believe Brock Lesnar earned a championship bout in his fourth professional fight after losing his debut match and replacing an injured competitor?
that's proves my point though he lost, his character wasn't affected because his character is established, losing doesn't hurt your character, and because I don't know about the ins/outs of ufc to know if matches are scripted, i'll say rusev losing doesn't hurt his wrestling character, but if brock lost in 10 seconds in a MMA match that's different than losing in a scripted wwe match

It's all good man. I'm gonna order one off amazon or something I just haven't gotten around to it.
Thanks for the offer though! You the man Drew!

Of course dude. I was surprised we got him and Finn (got the demon Finn chase which was kind of cool). Let me know how much AJ will cost you, cuz I can use my disco to snag it if they are gonna tax you something heavy.

if brock lost in 10 seconds in a MMA match that's different than losing in a scripted wwe match

let Brock step back into that octagon and go down to a Jon Jones spinning back elbow within 10 seconds and see if you ever see him in the E again.

there is no line between character and characterist in the modern era.

The problem is WWE is overcrowded with talent. It's not about Rusev being a mid tier or high tier jobber, it's the fact that he is a jobber in the first place. WWE has a big problem with a lack of people like Curt Hawkins that'll be guaranteed to never win, so they have to use better talent and book them to lose

let Brock step back into that octagon and go down to a Jon Jones spinning back elbow within 10 seconds and see if you ever see him in the E again.

there is no line between character and characterist in the modern era.
you're kidding right..... ppl want cm punk back in wwe and what happened in his match, not against bones?

The problem is WWE is overcrowded with talent. It's not about Rusev being a mid tier or high tier jobber, it's the fact that he is a jobber in the first place. WWE has a big problem with a lack of people like Curt Hawkins that'll be guaranteed to never win, so they have to use better talent and book them to lose
but the point is we need to see where he goes from here before he had the title jobber, he is only viewed as a jobber because cena/orton, and if you give that shot to hawkins, honestly how many people care, and what does that leave for rusev...... ziggler only appeared on summerslam as colonel sanders, that's hurting

You're delusional

Next you'll tell us that Baron Corbin is in the same standing as he was before he lost the briefcase and ate the pin at SS
yea, the lone wolf no one cares about, even with the briefcase I didn't have him ranked over rusev, and without the briefcase he is still the 4th SD heel

you're kidding right..... ppl want cm punk back in wwe and what happened in his match, not against bones?

former IBF boxing champion James Toney got his *** kicked in his only mixed martial arts fight and is still regarded as a legend in his sport.

keep it coming, I am digging this debate.

EDIT: hell, why do you think Money didn't agree to an MMA fight? does that mean boxing is scripted or that he would get a pass for his character if he lost this thoretical fight?

well...I guess some of it is, but that's unrelated.

Back
Top Bottom