Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

I have been trying to find the start time for the Mae Young Classic. WWE.com just says tonight it starts but no time. Is the Mae Young Classic after Raw?

Think they're just putting up the first 5 episodes all at once then the rest next week. Dunno what time.

I remember Punk didn't want any merch because he was heel, but WWE made him have one shirt, so he said to choose the ugliest color/design possible. Turned out to be the yellow GTS shirt that ended up selling really well and are still at shows to this day
Wait, why not? Merchandise sales is what wrestlers want right?

IMG_1990.JPG

Mae Young Classic
S1 E01
August 28, 2017

The Mae Young Classic kicks off with Kay Lee Ray vs. Princesa Sugehit, Shayna Baszler vs. Zeda, Abbey Laith vs. Jazzy Gabert, and more!

Watching right now :pimp:

I really like this one...our masked competitor sets up Belted Trunks (forever "why") a lot like an octopus hold with a little grapevine action and neatly folds him up for the fall. tucks the shoulder for good positioning and drops all his weight on the opposite side of the leg sweep. he even traps the free arm with his off leg, beautiful work.

it's basically like what whoever invented the Overdrive meant to do.

looks like it targets the upper back, which is good if you have an arsenal generally aimed at the torso as opposed to a limb-grinding tech or head-striking shooter style.

I don't see it as something that would work early in the match, but Belt Loops was clearly low on vitality even before the pinning combination, as there was no struggle, and even after being counted out you can see he has absolutely nothing left.

it's not super flashy but it's a nifty little surprise for a beaten down opponent. can dig.

Beautiful back suplex

okay, here we have two heavyweights starting off in a pretty run of the mill collar and elbow tie-up, they're actually pretty evenly matched in power from the beginning. looks like Blue Jeans went for a leg trip but Big Camo had a good, strong base and was able to turn the balance of the struggle in his favor.

the real treat is when the newly crowned petrol station champ takes advantage of his leverage, showing off impressive technique in avoiding a potential headlock and exploding up with the legs to bust out the prettiest Saito Suplex you're ever going to see in an unsanctioned street fight.

you never know who's toting that stored finisher.

note how he even protects himself by tucking his head and rolling slightly to the side to land in a prone stance rather than a more vulnerable supine position. this gets him to his feet faster (I don't see my man San Fran kipping up) and makes him ready to respond to anyone else who might intercede on the fallen man's behalf.

overall, great exhibition of pro wrestling prowess on both counts, stellar stuff!

I really like this one...our masked competitor sets up Belted Trunks (forever "why") a lot like an octopus hold with a little grapevine action and neatly folds him up for the fall. tucks the shoulder for good positioning and drops all his weight on the opposite side of the leg sweep. he even traps the free arm with his off leg, beautiful work.

it's basically like what whoever invented the Overdrive meant to do.

looks like it targets the upper back, which is good if you have an arsenal generally aimed at the torso as opposed to a limb-grinding tech or head-striking shooter style.

I don't see it as something that would work early in the match, but Belt Loops was clearly low on vitality even before the pinning combination, as there was no struggle, and even after being counted out you can see he has absolutely nothing left.

it's not super flashy but it's a nifty little surprise for a beaten down opponent. can dig.

okay, here we have two heavyweights starting off in a pretty run of the mill collar and elbow tie-up, they're actually pretty evenly matched in power from the beginning. looks like Blue Jeans went for a leg trip but Big Camo had a good, strong base and was able to turn the balance of the struggle in his favor.

the real treat is when the newly crowned petrol station champ takes advantage of his leverage, showing off impressive technique in avoiding a potential headlock and exploding up with the legs to bust out the prettiest Saito Suplex you're ever going to see in an unsanctioned street fight.

you never know who's toting that stored finisher.

note how he even protects himself by tucking his head and rolling slightly to the side to land in a prone stance rather than a more vulnerable supine position. this gets him to his feet faster (I don't see my man San Fran kipping up) and makes him ready to respond to anyone else who might intercede on the fallen man's behalf.

overall, great exhibition of pro wrestling prowess on both counts, stellar stuff!

#NeverChange

Appreciate the recaps man.

Pretty good Drewtista. You?

Good, got the day off. Making some Ramen for lunch, just got off Skype with one of my friends from Osaka, and gonna hang with a friend later and watch Wal-mart bargain dvd's and try to get her to put some hands on me. Wish me luck guys lol.

Also Fed Ex should be dropping off my LIJ shirt today from Hot Topic. I will report back with quality feedback.

Back
Top Bottom