Wrestling Thread September 1st-3rd/ Weekend Edition/ Mae Young Classic Available Now First 4

Good, got the day off. Making some Ramen for lunch, just got off Skype with one of my friends from Osaka, and gonna hang with a friend later and watch Wal-mart bargain dvd's and try to get her to put some hands on me. Wish me luck guys lol.

Also Fed Ex should be dropping off my LIJ shirt today from Hot Topic. I will report back with quality feedback.

:lol: good luck

IMG_8437.JPG
Part of our setup yesterday for the baby shower. Did most of that **** myself along with a couple
of other people.

I really dig the lighting for the Mae Young Classic. The crowd is pitch black makes the ring really stick out. Great plus don't have to see the camera cut to someone's reaction in the crowd.

Good, got the day off. Making some Ramen for lunch, just got off Skype with one of my friends from Osaka, and gonna hang with a friend later and watch Wal-mart bargain dvd's and try to get her to put some hands on me. Wish me luck guys lol.

Also Fed Ex should be dropping off my LIJ shirt today from Hot Topic. I will report back with quality feedback.
Armed Response is sold in Walmart and The Marine Battlegrounds.

read the mae young spoilers

not happy with the final

wwe can shove it up their ***

next year rename it to the moolah classic

Man Lita is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad :rofl:
Matches so far are okay at best. Round two will be way better like the CWC.

My first time watching Shayna Baszler she has a great look, not a fan of her in ring style so far. I don't like MMA moves in pro wrestling.

cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 what do you think of MMA moves used in the squared circle?

besides the shared history of the Octagon and squared circle, that's kind of a tough question since "MMA" isn't really a combat code in itself any more than "American" is a cuisine.

modern MMA is a diverse fusion of styles that incorporates striking, grappling, submissions, and every other legal way to hurt a human. there's a little boxing, a little Greco-Roman, a little Muay Thai, a little BJJ, and your personal spices...your savate or judo or street fighting or whatever.

walk into the Octagon without all of the above at a decent level and see how that works out for you.

similarly, I feel as though modern pro wrestling reflects a diversification of styles...the same way some people fly around doing 450s, some folks will bust your spine/face/gord, some focus on making pin pretzels, some take the strategy of trying to submit their opponents.

so when say, Undertaker pulls out a gogoplata or Lesnar yanks on that kimura (usually using it as a pain hold rather than actually trying to break arms, which is frowned upon in this establishment), I see it as a natural evolution of offenses.

as I personally understand it, the only difference between MMA and pro wrestling as a sport is the relevance of pinfalls and the strategy changes that entails.

I heard they changed the winner of this match because Marti was acting mad arrogant and stuck up backstage which pissed everybody off officials included.
:smh: She can't even wrestle No reason for her TNA self to think she's big time. I still want to smash tho :lol:

Just got my LIJ shirt. decent quality, not overly soft but not really rough. Fairly lightweight. Print on Back, sleeve, and front. Quality is decent, a couple missing print spots in my L and J on the back. Not bad for 25 bucks though. I am just happy to finally have it so I can cosplay Naito at the next con.

Back
Top Bottom