Wrestling Thread Week of March 28th/ NXT Takeover Friday/ WrestleMania Sunday

What are you more excited for WM or NXT Takeover Dallas

• WM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NXT

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Not going to lie... A non-offical sized one would drive me nuts :lol:...

I thought that too, but once I did a side by side comparison with the one WWE sells on their site it was a no-brainer..The Fandu was slightly smaller, but the overall weight and detail smokes the cheap looking WWE version..

Anyplace selling this?

You can buy the Winged Eagle from WWE and have it releathered..It'd cost you anywhere from 2-300 from someone with experience leathering title belts..

View media item 1945138

This title right here...the best looking title since the big gold 

Best belt in the game right now..But I do love how the IC belt looks a little beat up..

can't wait to smash case's belt across the drunken skull of 22 in Dallas. Gonna give that belt some color

Double Deuce has his own title belt you can smash across his drunken skull..You touch mine and you're getting a SC Stunner followed by a Vader Bomb..

That ain't Club..If it was his first post back in NTWT would be way better than that..

I want a hardcore match against Case for the IC Title at Wrestlemania.

The #1 contender for my IC title will be determined at NTWT Road Kill..Pretty sure booker man is doing a 3 or 4 way dance for the chance to see me at MANIA..Me and Big Ego are teaming up for a match at Road Closed for a shot at the Tag Titles at Mania..

I'm the hardcore champion but you gotta earn it. I'll also be defending at NTWTMania so maybe the booker man will give you a match at NTWTPothole with some other scrub to earn a shot at me.

The #1 contender for my IC title will be determined at NTWT Road Kill..Pretty sure booker man is doing a 3 or 4 way dance for the chance to see me at MANIA..Me and Big Ego are teaming up for a match at Road Closed for a shot at the Tag Titles at Mania..

You just gonna take my tag partner like that man!? Lol

I'm the hardcore champion but you gotta earn it. I'll also be defending at NTWTMania so maybe the booker man will give you a match at NTWTPothole with some other scrub to earn a shot at me.
I don't want your jobber title. I want to break Case's back in a hardcore match for the IC belt and knock him unconscious with his metal spine.

I don't want your jobber title. I want to break Case's back in a hardcore match for the IC belt and knock him unconscious with his metal spine.

Your frail *** can't break my Titanium spine broham..You won't even make it outta the #1 contenders match without an Undertaker-esque concussion..

I think it's time to start that rival promotion,this ntw is reminiscent of the last days of wcw.garbage booking n garbage champions.ya literally have David arquett as the champ.

-The creators of Lucha Underground are close to striking a deal with Netflix to carry the show’s first season, according to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The agreement would bring the show a much-needed additional revenue stream and would potentially expose the product to millions of new viewers.

Lucha Underground recently landed on iTunes, with the option to buy episodes a la carte or purchase a season pass. The Netflix deal would theoretically cannibalize sales of Season 1 episodes, but the rights fees and additional exposure more than make up for that.

Season 3 will begin shooting later this month in Boyle Heights, California and is set to premiere in September.

Netflix da GAWD :pimp:

-With just over three weeks until WrestleMania 32, ticket sales have ramped up and WWE has already broken the company’s all-time ticket record. As of last week, 84,000 tickets have been sold, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. WWE typically releases additional tickets closer to show time as the production setup is finalized, but the final number should be just north of 85,000.

WWE’s current attendance record was set at SummerSlam 1992 at Wembley Stadium, which had 79,127 tickets sold. WrestleMania III, which WWE often touts as the company’s largest crowd ever (“93,173”), actually had closer to 78,000 fans in attendance.

Going by WWE’s math and their habit of inflating attendance figures, it’s very likely that WWE will announce announce the WrestleMania 32 attendance to be over 100,000.

Just this week, Vince McMahon spoke to Brian Fritz of the Orlando Sentinel about the pressure he feels to make WrestleMania bigger each year. “I can say, unequivocally, that it’s a lot of pressure,” McMahon admitted. “Every year you have to outdo yourself. This year was difficult because John Cena was not a part of it. We have to reach way down and try and come up with things you haven’t done before and also hold back surprises that the audience does not know. They expect that from us.”

More details regarding tension backstage

-The dynamic between Vince McMahon and Triple H is reportedly something everyone is talking about internally in WWE. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Shane McMahon’s return, and recent changes to WrestleMania 32 storylines, have both lead to an increase in backstage chatter about the McMahon family drama. The Observer reports that Vince does not like being perceived as the old out-of-touch guy who needs to step aside so Triple H can take over.

The speculation within WWE right now is reportedly that if Shane does take on an executive role in the company, Vince could be playing him against Triple H and Stephanie. It gets hard to tell how much of the Vince-Triple H tension is exaggerated, but it is known that Shane did have issues with Triple H and Stephanie that lead to him leaving the company in 2009. Shane left WWE after he found out his sister and Triple H would eventually be taking over the company instead of him.

Shane’s entire promo on Monday’s RAW was re-written at the last minute to remove mentions of him wanting to fire Triple H and Stephanie from RAW should he win at WrestleMania 32. According to The Observer, the opening segment on RAW has been changing at the last minute lately at Vince’s request. Last minute script changes were blamed for Shane forgetting a line during his return promo on RAW, but it largely went unnoticed because Vince spoke up and covered for him.

Aside from any heat he may have with Vince and Shane, Triple H also reportedly drew criticism from some WWE employees for not “selling” his beating from Roman Reigns back in December. In the days after the angle with Reigns at TLC, Triple H was making appearances to promote NXT and not selling any injuries.

-NXT has grown into a touring brand beloved by fans around the world, but WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon is not entirely sold on its potential. According to Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Vince is largely not convinced NXT talent are “stars” who can draw money in WWE. Meltzer wrote:

“Vince isn’t going to step aside, but there is a lot of concern about the rigid decision making and limited viewpoint on who can be real top stars. While publicly HHH will say Vince loves NXT, the internal perception is very different, seeing it as a touring brand filled with so many guys Vince doesn’t believe are money.”

Several of NXT’s top stars have publicly stated they are in no rush to join WWE’s main roster. Back in December, NXT Champion Finn Balor stated on the Sam Roberts Wrestling Podcast, “I feel like to get quote, unquote called up to the main roster would be, maybe, like a step back for my career right [now].”

NXT Women’s Champion Bayley echoed the same sentiment late last year, telling The Independent, “I definitely want to be a part of it but I’m not in any rush right now. NXT is so huge and we’re already doing something very special here, so if I was on the main roster right now I’d feel that I was missing out with what’s going on in NXT.”

The handling of Tyler Breeze on the main roster has been a big warning sign to NXT talent. After being a staple of NXT for years and being featured prominently on Breaking Ground, Breeze has been relegated to ‘enhancement talent’ since his debut.

Earning a spot on the main roster is still the ultimate goal of most in NXT, as it means big league money, global exposure and the fulfillment of a lifelong dream. However, it’s not without significant risk, at least under WWE’s current regime.

Back
Top Bottom