Xbox 360 Thread: Forza 4! Arkham City! X-Men (XBLA) Dec 15!

CTL is so 
pimp.gif

If anyone wants to run some games later on tonight GT: wreckaz

tried the new hulu thing, never used hulu online before, its okay but netflix>hulu its the same thing except hulu has ad's and newer shows

For all the Canadians out there (not sure about US)

Apparently trading in banned 360's work because they just check for RROD and see if it can boot up games
nerd.gif
also if you have a wireless adapter that's another 17.50 so 12.49 isn't to bad for a new arcade
happy.gif

moz-screenshot.png
[h4]Xbox 360 spring update coming May 19?[/h4]
By Tim Stevens posted May 9th 2011 5:43PM

If you've run out of beef jerky and had your free Hulu Plus trial go bust, you're certainly not alone. Don't get bored: more bits of new hotness are coming to your console, and they're coming soon. An internal document leaked to our good friends over at Joystiq looks to confirm that the big Xbox 360 spring update will hit on May 19th. However, it'll come in six "separate groups" to "ensure a high quality deployment," so you might not get it until the end of the month, and everyone will have to wait until May 27th to get Avatar Kinect. What else is new? Well, there'll be the slightly larger disc format and support for PayPal, opening the door to a bold new world of personal finance information able to be hacked from your console.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

did anyone get in on the beta for the spring update? post how you like it if you did

i dont think there was a beta for the spring update. the only update was for the media update for the extra disk protection

Originally Posted by sole vintage

did anyone get in on the beta for the spring update? post how you like it if you did

i dont think there was a beta for the spring update. the only update was for the media update for the extra disk protection
http://majornelson.com/20...0-system-update-preview/
everyone who got the beta also got free halo reach...i was too lazy to find the serial # to register 
laugh.gif

Any NYer's know someone who fixes xbox's in Manhattan?

My boy lives on 86th and his xbox is broken... I think the tray is jacked up somehow and its not reading discs... Any help?

Originally Posted by sole vintage

http://majornelson.com/20...0-system-update-preview/
everyone who got the beta also got free halo reach...i was too lazy to find the serial # to register 
laugh.gif
ah i got denied for it 
roll.gif
but got in for all the previous ones
frown.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Any NYer's know someone who fixes xbox's in Manhattan?

My boy lives on 86th and his xbox is broken... I think the tray is jacked up somehow and its not reading discs... Any help?

when he puts a disk to play does he get a OPEN TRAY message where the disk image is shown ?

sounds like either the medal washer that holds the dvd is stuck on the magnetic plastic tab, or the spindle has gunk stuck causing it not to spin properly.

has the same issue a few months back and i opened it and a few weeks later it played disks again

to the guy whos friend xbox cant read disc...maybe he is eligible to receive a free 250gb and 1 year live
[h1]New Xbox 360 update incompatible with some models, MS offering replacements [update][/h1]
by Alexander Sliwinski   on May 18th 2011 9:23AM

http://www.blogsmithmedia...media/comment-tail.png); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; position: absolute; text-align: center; top: 0px; right: 0px; line-height: 23px; background-position: 50% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">150

Update: Altered text above with new information. Microsoft's official statement can be found after the break.http://

Microsoft tells Joystiq that the issue is "not tied to the pending update that has been in beta" and that information given earlier today to Europe was "incorrect." They also inform us that the problem isn't region specific. The official statement:

"Following a recent update to our system software, we have become aware of an issue that is preventing a very small number of Xbox 360 owners from playing retail game discs. This issue manifests itself as a unique 'disc unreadable' or 'disc unsupported' error on the screen and is unrelated to our recent public beta. We are also able to detect this issue over Xbox LIVE and are proactively reaching out to customers that may be impacted to replace their console. Any Xbox 360 owners receiving this error are encouraged to contact us at www.xbox.com/support/contact so we can verify if the console has been impacted."

[h2]New Xbox 360 System Update Brings Expanded PayPal Functionality[/h2]
paypal.gif

I am happy to announce that, as a part of a new Xbox 360 System Update, we’re expanding our integration with PayPal to allow U.S. and international Xbox LIVE users to make purchases on their Xbox 360 consoles with their PayPal accounts.* Once you’ve linked your PayPal account to your Xbox LIVE account on Xbox.com, you’ll be off and running to use it as a billing option, allowing you to buy content such as Microsoft Points, Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions and Games on Demand titles.

We are rolling out the Xbox 360 System Update gradually to all Xbox LIVE users starting today and throughout the next couple weeks to ensure a high quality deployment. Just like any other update to our service, you will know you’ve received it when you turn on your Xbox 360 console, connect to Xbox LIVE and receive a notification to download the update. It’s important to note that it may take a few days to make its way around the globe. Thanks for your patience if you don’t get it right away!

This particular update will also bring an auto-standby feature that places your console on standby if it’s idle for more than one hour, helping to reduce power consumption. This feature will be automatically enabled after you download the update. You can change this setting in the System Settings on your console.

http://majornelson.com/2011/05/19/new-xbox-360-system-update-brings-expanded-paypal-functionality/

My Xbox has been out of commission for the past 3 months. Finally get it back in order this weekend and was hyped to start it back up and try the games ive been missing.  my brother updated it last night and now it won't play any of my backups 
c4435715e47797eea92926f3edf7bb930e42f69.gif

Right when i finally had time to start up LA Noire too 
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

My Xbox has been out of commission for the past 3 months. Finally get it back in order this weekend and was hyped to start it back up and try the games ive been missing.  my brother updated it last night and now it won't play any of my backups 

like the games you saved on the hd? 

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

like the games you saved on the hd? 
no the other ones
eef252bed49aba16235ebf422ee2e9c2187d043.gif

Back
Top Bottom