Xbox 360 Thread: Forza 4! Arkham City! X-Men (XBLA) Dec 15!

Originally Posted by xblaze23

sole_vintage, have you tried taking out the hard drive and putting it back in? first time I've heard of a slim red ringing.
yup i tried it without the HD and it just red rings right away, but if i leave the HD drive in it crashes at the dashboard

First impressions of Gears 3. I've only played a few matches so bare with me:

Dedicated Servers... feels good man...

The 4 maps in the beta so far are pretty cool in their own way. I love the thrashball map. I saw a dude get crushed by the scoreboard in the middle
eek.gif
. Trenches has this dust storm moment that makes it hard to see. Old Town is nice. The last map is the plain jane of the bunch but that's fine with me.

TDM is no longer 5v5 with one life each until round's end. Now, each team of 5 has 15 respawns. Once those respawns are gone, then it becomes die and wait like Gears 1/2. This creates some real slaughter scorelines (for example, 10 respawns vs none) but it also adds to the strategy of the game. I'd imagine a clash of similarly skilled opponents to go down to the brink.

Graphically, the first thing you'll notice in comparison to previous Gears is the lighting. Historically, the unreal engine is at its best with dark colors, metals, greys, etc.

i HATE the digger launcher.. it goes underground and kills you if you're in it's projective path.. if you're camping, done.

If you're in the beta now or down the road. Remember that there are some unlockables in the beta that carry over to the retail release of the game:

-Beta Tester Medal - Complete one match in the beta to unlock the Beta Tester medal, which will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game. The Beta Tester title will be featured in the "Gears 3" multiplayer lobby as well.
-Thrashball Cole - Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock the Thrashball Cole character variant in the beta. Once unlocked, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the beta and the character will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game.
-Gold-Plated Retro Lancer - Show your ultimate "Gears of War" fandom by unlocking the Gold Plated Retro Lancer. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock it for the beta, and score 100 kills with it once unlocked to carry the exclusive weapon skin over to your gamer profile in the final game.
-Flaming Hammerburst - Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 and unlock this weapon variant.
-Flaming Lancer - Complete one match during the week of April 25 and unlock this weapon variant.
-Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun - Complete one match during the week of May 2 to unlock this weapon variant.
-Flaming Gnasher Shotgun - Complete one match during the week of May 9 to unlock this weapon variant.

I'm guessing he got a code from Epic? 
nerd.gif
also I heard they nerfed the 2 piece 
pimp.gif
I was watching some game play and people were talking about how the shotgun actually connects on most of the shots now

Also how big is the file I bought a arcade and haven't bothered upgrading to the 120g hardrive yet

A good friend of mine hooked me up with a code. 88MB for the initial launcher. It updates. That update is 500mb. Both were real quick though.

I LOVE the series but man, I suck at multi-player.

People from Microsoft and Epic have been giving them out on twitter all day especially with the #Gears3Beta hash tag.

I was watching some game play and people were talking about how the shotgun actually connects on most of the shots now

...about time, part 2 was such a disappointment compared to th first one.

Two piecing is part of the game and annoying, but nothing worse than dudes who just repeatedly press B.....no skill having !!*!@$#.

did they get rid of smoke tagging the walls ?

im trying to see if anybody has a code, if you redeem the code on a dummy account on live

you can share the dummy account giving everyone with it the initial launcher. taken from neogaf

you can smoke tag walls but nades including smoke but they (smoke) don't seem to do much.. you certainly don't fall from them.

The sawed off shotgun is a bit of a mystery to me right now. It does more damage than the gnasher shotgun (classic one) but you have to reload after each blast.. It is devastating if you land the shot near someone but if you miss, that reload time is a problem.

I'm loving the sniper rifle. I picked it up and went on a spree. I pulled off a sick headshot up close since the non zoom is pretty effective.

will everyone be able to get in on the beta eventually?

i just beat gears 1 didnt play multiplayer...i started gears 2 havnt played multiplayer but ive done those training things

Good to hear that review. Hate how they are releasing the beta a week before finals smh; only going to have minimum time to play.  Do not see why the hate toward Gears 2 online.

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

Good to hear that review. Hate how they are releasing the beta a week before finals smh; only going to have minimum time to play.  Do not see why the hate toward Gears 2 online.
Gears 2 could have been one of the best online games ever had it not been for the horrible lag, forget the mass amount of lag switchers but just connecting into a game then realizing when you shoot there's like a 3 second delay 
sick.gif

Then again I haven't played it the past year my friend told me they fixed a lot of it

Originally Posted by McRaptor

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

Gears 2 could have been one of the best online games ever had it not been for the horrible lag, forget the mass amount of lag switchers but just connecting into a game then realizing when you shoot there's like a 3 second delay 
sick.gif

Then again I haven't played it the past year my friend told me they fixed a lot of it

Forgot to add the to the post only been playing since July. My friend who has played this game since day one has complained to me how I miss all the bull that went on when the game first drop 
laugh.gif
.  As of now though the game is good, but you will still probably run into things that give you the 
indifferent.gif
 face.

Anybody change their gamertag?

If you have, do you have to tell your friends that you change your gamertag?

Or is it automatically done for you and them?

^ you still show up on their list but you have to send them a mass message

about you changing your tag. better to send the message so no one erases you

because they don't know you changed tags

Originally Posted by derrty6232

^Like vintage says. I hear MS automatically renews your membership without notifying you in advance. And when you call to tell them you didn't want to renew, MS won't let you refund. I don't even think you can uncheck auto-renew. My advice to you all, just buy an actual prepaid xbox live gold card so you won't have to enter any credit card info.

they have the 9.99 for 3 months offer now.  but again its auto-renew

the deal is so enticing, but MS basically set a trap and have me knowingly jump into it 
mad.gif

I've gotten out of the auto renew before. Yeah, they give you the go-around and keep patching you through to other people, but by the 3rd person I just told them to give me the +*+$%++ manager so I can get this taken off before I sell this piece of $+*@, and they fixed it immediately. Those fools are super sneaky with that $+*@ though, I didn't even notice til I got charged again.

Back
Top Bottom