Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters

Xbox One Scorpio won't automatically be followed by a new Xbox in two years, Spencer says

I don’t have this desire to every two years have a new console on the shelf; that’s not part of the console business model, and it doesn’t actually help us," Spencer said. ’m not trying to turn consoles into the graphics card market where every so often Nvidia or AMD come out with a new card, and if I want a little bit more performance I’m going to go buy that new card. I think for consoles it’s different. I think you have to hit a spec that actually means something in an ecosystem of televisions and games."

512gb Seagate SSD "designed" for xb1.

The Seagate Game Drive for Xbox SSD will sell for $200, and it will be available in November at Amazon, GameStop, and other consumer-electronics retailers.

Can you guarantee that in three or four years from now there won’t be games that only run on Scorpio and not on the Xbox One?

It’s not our plan, honestly. Our plan is that Scorpio is part of the Xbox One family and that the games will run on both systems. I know from a pure console perspective I hear, “Hey, you’re going to drag Scorpio down by making devs continue to support the Xbox One.” But anyone that has played PC games knows that PCs have a minimum spec, a recommended spec and an unbounded spec. And I don’t think anybody says, “Wow, Battlefield at the top-end is somehow held back by its ability to support [low-end PCs].” Devs know how to build scalable games. They already do. So when we designed Scorpio we said, “Let’s go pick a point on the PC spectrum that we see people targeting already.” The fact that you also support Xbox One when you support Scorpio is really not that different to having a recommended spec and unbounded spec in the PC space.
You took over the top job at Xbox in 2014 during a tumultuous period: Don Mattrick had left the company following the poorly received launch of the Xbox One. Are you satisfied with your legacy thus far?
The thing I’m most proud of in that Scorpio video we unveiled at E3 is, outside of Patrick [Söderlundand] and Todd [Howard], every person in it is a member of our team, and that’s them representing their product and their pride. If that’s my legacy, that we ship some great games and people had fun and they had a console they loved, then I’ll definitely be satisfied.

I get hype for Destiny for like two weeks when new content drops, then I'm over it. Once you hit the new level cap, there's no incentive to keep on playing unless you enjoy the PvP.

Dat snow :wow: but hell no im paying $35 just for two expansions :lol:

MS should have just let these expansions be free and just charge for the cars like halo free maps,charge for everything else. Keeps the community together instead of dividing it.

Last edited:
Anybody see Drift0r's review of MW Remastered (from what he's played of it)?

Dude was praising the hell out of it. :smokin

Dat snow :wow: but hell no im paying $35 just for two expansions :lol:

MS should have just let these expansions be free and just charge for the cars like halo free maps,charge for everything else. Keeps the community together instead of dividing it.
I believe the expansion pass is just for the cars. The actual dlc content(like storm island in fh2) is sold separately. I think this new one should be $10

Anybody see Drift0r's review of MW Remastered (from what he's played of it)?

Dude was praising the hell out of it.
smokin.gif
forgot my headphones at home today will have to watch when i get home

the day is creeping up fam 

Anybody wanna join in my extralife stream on Saturday

Running through
Halo and gears

Hey! I'm trying to raise $400 through Extra Life to help sick and injured kids in my community. Want to make a donation to my fundraising page? http://bndfr.com/5kQgl

It'll likely be released in 2017. First one was 2013 and second one was 2015. ROTTR wasn't rushed and didn't have bad quality so I'm not worried about that

i wonder if MS has the same exclusive deal with the next TR like they did with ROTTR
I hope not. That deal didn't help the game at all. Also no game should be exclusive for a full year, might as well keep it exclusive.

I don't here Playstation heads complaining about have exclusive content in Destiny going on almost 3-4 years now.

It should be like how COD is 1-3 months max.
Destiny trash imo and content and a full game are completely different. From what I understand the content from Destiny was just a map and some other trash. Tomb Raider sold more on PS and SE chose to make it exclusive to Xbox for a full year. It barely sold last year.

Destiny is not trash... those no name, nobody ever played JRPG's you praise and live by are trash, you've played Chrono Trigger you've played them all, maybe :rolleyes. Destiny wins all types of accolades and awards and is the best game this gen FACT. The numbers don't lie Destiny has maintained the largest userbase of any game this gen and hasn't came out of the top five games played on either PS or XB1 so how can it be trash if so many people are still rocking with it... but you guys are sleep though.

So while it may be trash to you the rest of the community says otherwise with the numbers and userbase to back it. Those magical flying dragon, escape a dungeon, and save the princess games you loathe are not in anyone's radar so they might be trash to others everyone likes and needs are different... B.

Also, sales doesn't matter it's whoever pulls out the most money and greases the right pockets get the exclusivity. Preorders for COD almost tripled for XB1 compared to what they were for PS, but PS still has the exclusive deal even though their are way more COD and shooter players on XB1 than there is PS.

Destiny PS exclusive content is a hell of a lot more than a map

PS got multiple more strikes than us if I remember correctly

PS has had exclusive guns, armor, quests, strike missions, mp maps, ships, and even a uique type of engram

Yes sir they got a lot more exclusive and still have it now going on 3-4 years now :smh:

I would have preferred RotTR game without DLC than to wait a full year to play it on PS4.

So why didn't you just buy it for XB1. You're in the XB1 thread frequently so I'm assuming you have one. I understand if you don't have both systems then I see reason for the complaint, but if you have both why not buy it for the one that is releasing instead of waiting one full year for the PS4.

You're probably going to say you wanted it for the more powerful system huh, man I've seen how games look on PS and XB1 it's the same damn thing... well for COD at least or is the grass and leaves on trees that important.

I don't here Playstation heads complaining about have exclusive content in Destiny going on almost 3-4 years now.

It should be like how COD is 1-3 months max.
Destiny trash b I don't care about no destiny lol but it sucks either way bro. CoD ain't too bad but year long exclusivity is no bueno

Destiny is not trash see my explanation up top I hated the game once too until I got into it... you dudes are sleep though.

I get hype for Destiny for like two weeks when new content drops, then I'm over it. Once you hit the new level cap, there's no incentive to keep on playing unless you enjoy the PvP.

Yeah I see where you are coming from about hitting the light cap but there is so much more to do besides that though.

Nobody is sleep tho I choose to not play destiny because of the game's business practices with releasing a game with barely anything in it and being a retail beta for its first year. If you like it that's fine but I can't get down and support that game

Nobody is sleep tho I choose to not play destiny because of the game's business practices with releasing a game with barely anything in it and being a retail beta for its first year. If you like it that's fine but I can't get down and support that game

Yeah pretty much this.

its a mechanically fun game wrapped up in terrible business practices.

I enjoyed it for the 18 months I played it. Game is genuinely fun but i cant get down with paying for it piece by piece each year :lol:

Not to mention how toxic / the superiority complex the community has about doing the end game content

Game isnt noob friendly at all :rofl:

it is what it is though. The people who are still having fun w/ it can't see through Activision's BS. But WE'RE the ones sleep :wow: :rofl:

I understand and I didn't experience this because I really got into the game when year 2 the taken king dropped.

I had vanilla Destiny but once I got to level 20 I stopped playing.

I understand and I didn't experience this because I really got into the game when year 2 the taken king dropped.

I had vanilla Destiny but once I got to level 20 I stopped playing.

I think i quit after my 6th time through the year 2 raid w/o getting anything reasonable. :lol:

Or maybe the business practices don't bother us to the point where we're willing to quit playing

I'm not going to give up a game that I enjoy a great deal just so I can pat myself on the back for a moral victory

I reached lvl 23 and gave up wasn't bout to farm my way up anymore **** was so dead to me lol hate them types of ganes but I did enjoy the PVP.

Just ppl would have better **** than me cause they would farm and well yea that was it for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putting In Work  
With psvr you'll get timed exclusives like batman vr and resident evil vr I believe 1 year before rift/vive. Obviously the non-psvr people aren't happy.  No one with psvr is going to be like "Man that's unethical that batman vr is timed exclusive for a year. That cuts down the player base. I'm going to wait until batman vr is available on all vr platforms because it'd be unethical to enjoy it while non-psvr people can't "Be the Batman" No VR game should be timed exclusive for 1 year."
laugh.gif

Timed exclusives that have dropped on xb1: firewatch, rocket league, the witness, and outlast. Timed exclusives are a part of the game, since 2008 to my knowledge. This might be a generalization, but no one gets upset that timed exclusive content/games are coming to their platform of choice. 

Timed exclusives are just ways to entice new people to hop on your platform without putting up as much money as making it fully exclusive.  I don't see anything inherently wrong with them, given the devs aren't making these games for free.

On pc, microsoft has brought some 1st party games to their windows store. Quantam break turned out to be a windows store timed exclusive and recently dropped on steam. One of the comments I read about this: "I'm just going to wait for future windows store exclusives to come to steam." I get it, but don't at the same time. 

Playground Games is an independent studio. In an alernate universe, if PG was making "Gran Horizon and Gran Horizon VR" timed exclusive for PS4 best believe I'd be in the PS4 thread like

ZRLzvru.gif

Hell nah, I'm not waiting a year to experience greatness.

Last edited:
I talk about destiny i get flamed piw talk about it no flames. I think imma sit this one out. Just one point you say destiny released a beta game. Look at wwe 2k17 nba 2k17 and all the other released games that were clearly not finished. Thats the times we live in that argument fails.

Not to mention how toxic / the superiority complex the community has about doing the end game content

Game isnt noob friendly at all :rofl:

LFG for Destiny is the absolute worst. There are people who don't mind helping out, but for the most part, everyone is looking for a "quick run."

People reach a point where they no longer want to actually play Destiny, they just want to see what loot they get.

Destiny wins all types of accolades and awards and is the best game this gen FACT. The numbers don't lie Destiny has maintained the largest userbase of any game this gen and hasn't came out of the top five games played on either PS or XB1 so how can it be trash if so many people are still rocking with it... but you guys are sleep though.

So while it may be trash to you the rest of the community says otherwise with the numbers and userbase to back it. Those magical flying dragon, escape a dungeon, and save the princess games you loathe are not in anyone's radar so they might be trash to others everyone likes and needs are different... B.

Destiny is not the best game of this generation. So many other games have more developed single player or multiplayer experiences.

IMO, it has the best mechanics of any game out there but lacked a proper story (not lore, the lore is there outside of the game) and is arguably in the top 5 for MP but there really arent that many MP games today.

Sleep? :lol: Year 1 Destiny players are bothered by the fact that the game that released at launch had parts on the disc locked behind a paywall and once Taken King released a year later, they were told to shell out another $30 to experience a game that felt like what should have released a year earlier. Year 2 players didnt have to deal with this so fair play to anyone who joined late.

Stats can be used to paint whatever picture you want as long as your pick the right ones. Let's not forget that CoD has had some ridiculous numbers but gamers constantly complained about it not changing and the franchise being stale.

Last edited:

Destiny wins all types of accolades and awards and is the best game this gen FACT. The numbers don't lie Destiny has maintained the largest userbase of any game this gen and hasn't came out of the top five games played on either PS or XB1 so how can it be trash if so many people are still rocking with it... but you guys are sleep though.

Destiny is not the best game of this generation. So many other games have more developed single player or multiplayer experiences.

IMO, it has the best mechanics of any game out there but lacked a proper story (not lore, the lore is there outside of the game) and is arguably in the top 5 for MP but there really arent that many MP games today.

Sleep?
laugh.gif
Year 1 Destiny players are bothered by the fact that the game that released at launch had parts on the disc locked behind a paywall and once Taken King released a year later, they were told to shell out another $30 to experience a game that felt like what should have released a year earlier. Year 2 players didnt have to deal with this so fair play to anyone who joined late.

Stats can be used to paint whatever picture you want as long as your pick the right ones. Let's not forget that CoD has had some ridiculous numbers but gamers constantly complained about it not changing and the franchise being stale.
the lack of story in destiny kills me every time 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom