Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
I'll be on tonight, can't wait. Hit me up if you guys are playing MWR :pimp: .
bol pat is killing me man

GS with him cause i thought we would just share literally every game hes over here saying he dont even want it now smh. So tempted to just buy digital and eat the $40 if he decides to "play" just so i can play tonight. A fein aint tryna wait at GS at midnight or go in the morning than wait for it all to DL. 

man iunno what to do 

decided im going digital and just said if you decide to play just cop the next game. **** it i aint got time for GS
I'm usually in the same predicament with Frank. When we first started GSing we thought we'd just split everything but we literally only split COD and FIFA every year. Mostly every other game we just pay the full price since only one of us play it :\.

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed from watching the videos done by Digital Foundry is that games on the Xbox One generally have a lower resolution than on the PS4. Is there a reason for that? Is there that much of a difference between 700p to 900p to 1000p?

It seems that while the Xbox One has a lower resolution, most games have a steadier frame rate.

One thing I've noticed from watching the videos done by Digital Foundry is that games on the Xbox One generally have a lower resolution than on the PS4. Is there a reason for that? Is there that much of a difference between 700p to 900p to 1000p?

It seems that while the Xbox One has a lower resolution, most games have a steadier frame rate.

a lot of games on xbox run at 900p and are upscaled to 1080p. Theres a difference albeit marginal.

from 720 to 1080 i can see a huge difference especially on larger screens.

watch a DVD then watch a blu ray. 720 to 1080.

a lot of games on xbox run at 900p and are upscaled to 1080p. Theres a difference albeit marginal.

I see. I didn't really know about the games being upscaled to 1080p. The video on Titanfall 2 mentioned that the Xbox One version ran steady at 820p but would dip below 720p during instances where there was a lot going on on-screen.

I see. I didn't really know about the games being upscaled to 1080p. The video on Titanfall 2 mentioned that the Xbox One version ran steady at 820p but would dip below 720p during instances where there was a lot going on on-screen.

Interesting. I dont know that games actively change the resolution at which they're being rendered.

Frame drops are very common in both xbox and ps4.

They're just simply not very powerful machines for this day in age.

The xbox is considerably slower than the ps4 too :x

The ps4 controller is just freaking terrible though :rofl:

Interesting. I dont know that games actively change the resolution at which they're being rendered.

Yeah, this was all news to me. Apparently BF1 runs at a higher resolution on PS4, but has a steadier frame rate on X1. I'm still playing on a BenQ so I guess that difference in resolution doesn't matter all that much.

And the gap between the consoles and PC is pretty large from what I've been seeing. Consoles have a hard time maintaining 60 fps while PC is pushing 100+ at 4K with no problems.

I think I read / heard that anything past 60FPS is too much for your eyes to even register the difference?

Or was that something else?

NVM, Just read on it. I was mistaken.

It's if your monitor can't handle more than 60FPS, it's pointless getting anything to run more than 60FPS cause obviously the rest of the FPS will be ignored.

I.E. you have a set up / rig that runs 100FPS but your monitor is max 60FPS, no point. It'll ignore the extra 40.

Last edited:

Yeah, this was all news to me. Apparently BF1 runs at a higher resolution on PS4, but has a steadier frame rate on X1. I'm still playing on a BenQ so I guess that difference in resolution doesn't matter all that much.

And the gap between the consoles and PC is pretty large from what I've been seeing. Consoles have a hard time maintaining 60 fps while PC is pushing 100+ at 4K with no problems.

well the difference between console and pc can be staggering but you have to invest a lot into PC and very little into console.

you can get an xbox one and a game for like $300.

Do that with a PC and you'll get similar results.

There's a lot of perks to gaming on a console too. Its dedicated to that one thing, the OS + friends architecture, easy to set up on a tv, etc.

To say a $1,000+ PC outperforms a $300 console should be a no brainer.

A Civic and an M5 both drive you from point A to point B and a lot of people prefer one over the other for different reasons. But at the end of the day, the bimmer out does the civic.

it is what it is.

I think I read / heard that anything past 60FPS is too much for your eyes to even register the difference?

Or was that something else?

NVM, Just read on it. I was mistaken.

It's if your monitor can't handle more than 60FPS, it's pointless getting anything to run more than 60FPS cause obviously the rest of the FPS will be ignored.

I.E. you have a set up / rig that runs 100FPS but your monitor is max 60FPS, no point. It'll ignore the extra 40.

Your eyes can see more than 60FPS. Thats a common misconception.

Most monitors and low/mid tier TVs are 60hz. So they cant produce more than 60fps natively.

My monitor caps at 60FPS because its a 60Hz monitor. Lots of monitors do 75hz, and up to 144hz is a pretty common one.

But then in order to run a game at 144FPS you gotta have a graphics card that will put those types of frames out. RIght now, only games like rocket league, CS Go, etc can do that at 1080p :lol:

^ PREACH

This is why I hate the PC master race discussions.

We get it, it's better.. but not everyone has over $1k to drop on a quality PC rig right now. :rolleyes

well the difference between console and pc can be staggering but you have to invest a lot into PC and very little into console.

There's a lot of perks to gaming on a console too. Its dedicated to that one thing, the OS + friends architecture, easy to set up on a tv, etc.

A Civic and an M5 both drive you from point A to point B and a lot of people prefer one over the other for different reasons. But at the end of the day, the bimmer out does the civic.

it is what it is.

True. And I think this was brought up when the Scorpio was announced in that it would provide PC like performance at a reduced cost with the convenience of what you get with consoles.

Last edited:
^ PREACH

We get it, it's better.. but not everyone has over $1k to drop on a quality PC rig right now. :rolleyes

This annoys me along with the PS4 > X1 and vice versa posts I see on my FB and what not. It's jokes on here for the most part and a lot of us own both, but some people ride or die for their console.

Last edited:
^ PREACH

Yeah i think its pretty dumb. Its like the kids growing up who rocked the new Jay's and made fun of people who couldnt afford them grew up to be PC A** holes.

Gaming on PC is cool and everything and yes the graphics and performance are A1 but i love console community a lot more.

it is what it is.

True. And I think this was brought up when the Scorpio was announced in that it would provide PC like performance at a reduced cost with the convenience of what you get with consoles.

Yup exactly. Im still curious as to what the price point will be. My best guess is $499.

I think Scorpio will perform at PC levels the same way that the Portrait Mode in iPhone performs at DSLR levels.

It'll be lower end / barely passable as "PC quality", people who don't know much about PC gaming will say it's amazing (including me), and anyone who has used a high end PC rig will likely laugh and say it's sort of meh but a cool thing.

(JY this is really the first example I could think of :lol: )

I think Scorpio will perform at PC levels the same way that the Portrait Mode in iPhone performs at DSLR levels.

It'll be lower end / barely passable as "PC quality", people who don't know much about PC gaming will say it's amazing (including me), and anyone who has used a high end PC rig will likely laugh and say it's sort of meh but a cool thing.

(JY this is really the first example I could think of :lol: )

:rofl:

that comparison is A1 :lol: :lol:

^ PREACH

This annoys me along with the PS4 > X1 and vice versa posts I see on my FB and what not. It's jokes on here for the most part and a lot of us own both, but some people ride or die for their console.

THIS!!!

fanboying is so lame to me.

I have both consoles

they're both fire and both annoying at the same time for their own reasons :rofl:

The highest performance i've seen is 8k at 20 fps.

The highest performance i've seen is 8k at 20 fps.

20fps is unplayable :lol:

i dont consider resolution to be a key factor in performance.

resolution and fps are equally important to me.

I saw linus tech tips do the crysis 3 @ 8k or whatever w/ 4 monitors :rofl:

so impractical :rofl: :rofl:

THIS!!!

fanboying is so lame to me.

I have both consoles

they're both fire and both annoying at the same time for their own reasons
roll.gif
this. all dat matters are DA GAMES 

^ PREACH

Im always told by the pc nerds it does take over 1k to build a "quailty" rig but i agree with ya

^ PREACH

Im always told by the pc nerds it does take over 1k to build a "quailty" rig but i agree with ya

Here's what i built last month.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/LFvvZ8

This doesnt include 4 extra hard drives for a total of 9.9TB of storage.

business expense doe :lol:

View media item 2186150

Back
Top Bottom