XIX White Jan 5, 2019

I fully expect these to be like both 18 colorways...the white/royal and black royal. I didn't expect those to move like they did at that price and they sold out. Production is probably low for these as well. I had the OG and loved it. Only a week away so we'll see how I feel in a few days but would like to grab. I wonder if they'll do the folding box and individual mesh shoe bags? Highly doubt it but hey....

If they wanna throw melo name on something then release these...

fdj2gz2brcexmfospflm.jpg

I still have my OG white/fllnt pair at home in the collection and I wear them on occasion. The black/red OG still DS (I'm probably gonna wear them soon). The midsoles won't crumble as it's made like the XIs. It's the foam that will last. Only issue is sole separation could happen but nothing some Barge can't fix. I'm passing for now.

Last edited:
Not that I like the price point BUT...think of the concords that just dropped for $220. Or any of the Nike Air OG's that have dropped for around the same price. These are not priced by popularity. So while they XIX's might not be everyone's cup of tea, they hopefully will have a DOUBLE STACKED zoom heel, leather upper, and that mesh weave isn't cheap to produce either. Arguably more "tech" and better materials than some of the other shoes that have dropped at this price. I can totally see why these are priced this way. Whether or not they move is a different story...I do, however want a pair of these back. I had the OG's and sold them a while ago. Great shoe.

I see they are not priced by popularity, otherwise they’d be $90. But give me a break. JB absolutely often prices retros based on just that. If they can charge $220 for popular colorways of the 4s—a shoe with almost zero tech—they can charge $190 for a largely unpopular shoe like the 19 even though it has more tech. They’re charging $225 and making them limited to try and convince some people these are special. They aren’t.

I see they are not priced by popularity, otherwise they’d be $90. But give me a break. JB absolutely often prices retros based on just that. If they can charge $220 for popular colorways of the 4s—a shoe with almost zero tech—they can charge $190 for a largely unpopular shoe like the 19 even though it has more tech. They’re charging $225 and making them limited to try and convince some people these are special. They aren’t.

I agree with you. I'm not justifying the actual dollar amount itself, just saying that a shoe with more tech/better materials *should* cost more than a regular retro from the 80's...HOWEVER the price point on the whole is out of whack. So I can see what they're doing...but i don't like it lol.

I agree with you. I'm not justifying the actual dollar amount itself, just saying that a shoe with more tech/better materials *should* cost more than a regular retro from the 80's...HOWEVER the price point on the whole is out of whack. So I can see what they're doing...but i don't like it lol.

Totally. It’s nothing new so usually I wouldn’t have even said anything. Hell, I paid the $250 msrp for white/blue 16s two years ago. That was arguably even more outrageous. Splitting hairs, but at least there was always a small but consistent amount of people asking for 16s for years. Doesn’t seem like anyone has been clamoring for these 19s, though.

Either way, it’s whatever to me. They’ll sell or they won’t. Not buying either way. Just amused me to see that price.

PS: I too am also beyond amused that they’re tying these to Melo. Note to JB: it’s over, dudes. No one cares, regardless of whatever contract you still have with that guy LOL

has anyone confirmed whether or not these will be the correct tooling? If they skip on DS heel zoom and all, not interested

If you like bulk, this is the shoe for you. I remember trying the West Coast colorway on in-store and thinking these wayyy too bulky.

Passed because I was waiting for the Olympic 7s.

I know I’m beating a dead horse but I still can’t believe they still haven’t retroed any of the og 17s (17+’s were nice but I mean the og mids).

I always liked these and wanted this cw, but I don’t hoop anymore and the price point is ridiculous. If they properly retroed the white/navy SE’s then maybe I’d get them at retail

Kind of hoping these sit due to the price tag and being right after the holidays. Wouldn’t mind picking them up further down the line on discount. Had the white/red pair in high school and were super comfortable.

Kind of hoping these sit due to the price tag and being right after the holidays. Wouldn’t mind picking them up further down the line on discount. Had the white/red pair in high school and were super comfortable.

If they follow the 16 model
From 2 years ago or this years 18 releases then you’ll end up with some colorway on sale.

I know I’m beating a dead horse but I still can’t believe they still haven’t retroed any of the og 17s (17+’s were nice but I mean the og mids).

I always liked these and wanted this cw, but I don’t hoop anymore and the price point is ridiculous. If they properly retroed the white/navy SE’s then maybe I’d get them at retail

As a Wizards and Jordan fan I am still waiting for those OG 17's to drop!

Back
Top Bottom