Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

Just because an area is technically a suburb of a larger city doesnt mean its "the burbs"... Warren Michigan is still considered part of the Detroit metro area to most people and has a crime rate almost 50% higher than the national average.... Its not the guy was from Bloomfield

Last edited:
Guys outright denying that Kanye has been influential in meaningful ways is just as bad as being a teeny bopper who thinks he's the greatest producer of all time. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
If a suburb isn't the burbs then what are the burbs? Drop knowledge shun!

:rofl:

Did this dude just say Nappy Roots? :lol: :smh:

Dude's don't know **** about hip hop and wanna try to school people. I'm good.

Last edited:

By definition a suburb is a residential area or a mixed use area, either existing as part of a city or urban area or as a separate residential community within commuting distance of a city.

:lol: I put "the burbs" in quotes implying the stereotypical Husband/wife/2.5 kids/white picket fence image of the suburbs. Areas that look like this:

suburb1233-jpg.jpg

This is Ems old house as it stands today

-fd1d20697b97a13e.JPG

o-EMINEMS-HOUSE-570.jpg

Last edited:
laugh.gif
@ ****** acting like the burbs aint got hoods.

It's not all white picket fences outside of the city.

Im not even a kanye fan but I dont get how ppl say theyre no longer fans because of the way he acts, last time i checked wasnt it the music that made you a fan in the first place, now based off of interviews/rants you're no longer a fan because of his personality :lol: :rofl:, that man did nothing to yall personally, you dont have to stop being a fan of his work because of his actions

roll.gif

Bro, Richmond, Vallejo, Compton are all technically suburbs. They're also polar opposites of suburbia or what's culturally considered to be the burbs. I don't know why you're trying to paint him stupid.

Last edited:
How am I trying to paint him stupid? He made the statement now all of a sudden he has vanished. :nerd:

My point isn't about there not being violence in the suburbs. I grew up in a suburb outside of New Orleans that was one of the biggest spots for Cocaine outside of the city. So I'm aware, y'all aren't saying ****.

My point is that dude made a quote about NO artist blowing up from the burbs before Kanye. It was wrong. I called him out and now y'all are changing the argument to something else that has nothing to with his original false statement.

Before Ye =, you were getting ZERO play if you were a rapper who came from the burbs. 

Now, the list is pretty long of rappers who really don't have street cred.

What does the violence of the burbs have to do with this statement?

Last edited:

:rofl:

Bro, Richmond, Vallejo, Compton are all technically suburbs. They're also polar opposites of suburbia or what's culturally considered to be the burbs. I don't know why you're trying to paint him stupid.

Its ok... Hes probably just sheltered and from "the burbs" :wink:

Last edited:
Sheltered? Sure I am champ.

I don't have to run my history by you for approval, but suffice it to say, I'm far from sheltered.

take it for what you want but kanye changed and infleunced rap/fashion and has molded it into basically his image like it or not :smokin lol

he brought polo back & was one of the few rappers wearing fitted clothing during the jersey era, but since then he just tries too hard to be a "fashion icon" since he knows his stans are gonna follow what he does

At the end of the day the only reason people hate Kanye so much is because he is the real life Howard Roark. A visionary, genius, and innovator
VERY strong avy to post ratio. And people hate him because he's a narcissist who won't shut up when he doesn't get his way.

What exactly did the Yeezy change? No snark I'm legitatmately curious you can see I'm not up on these things.

boosted the popularity of sneakers. Today they are a symbol of wealth and importance in the sneaker society

You sound a little defensive about those pics.

How did he change the rap game?

I too would like to know this

you guys just gonna forget all the things he produced? Jay Z's greatest album was produced mainly by Yeezy. Had it not been for Yeezy you wouldn't be able to say Hov's best album was Blueprint.

he brought polo back & was one of the few rappers wearing fitted clothing during the jersey era, but since then he just tries too hard to be a "fashion icon" since he knows his stans are gonna follow what he does

come on now he single handedly made every rapper embrace leather and high and fashion

Im not even a kanye fan but I dont get how ppl say theyre no longer fans because of the way he acts, last time i checked wasnt it the music that made you a fan in the first place, now based off of interviews/rants you're no longer a fan because of his personality
laugh.gif
roll.gif
, that man did nothing to yall personally, you dont have to stop being a fan of his work because of his actions
A lot of us grew up. We're not 16 anymore. So what might have seemed appealing then is just becoming tired and stupid now. Not only that, but his music and style HAVE changed and for the worse. 

He's right though...you have to separate the artist from the art.

I don't like his recent music either but it has nothing to do with my dislike for him as a human being.

Back
Top Bottom