You know what, #%@! Chick-Fil-A!

I honestly don't this. Please pull some up, I'm not trying to be ignorant.

Pro or Anti dont make a difference
im still going ham with the 12 piece
I dont eat McDonalds or Burger King! Chik Fil A & Zaxbys are the only 2 fast food places I can actually enjoy my meal

+1

What do you want CFA to do, donate and support organizations that go AGAINST their beliefs and religious values. You're ashamed.....? come on.
there's a difference between not supporting something and actively opposing this. i've stated this many times. i expect the CEO of CFA to be a decent american and support that which benefits everyone, not just those of the christian faith.

You want people to protest, just dont eat there! How about protesting the government, or the majority of the states where its ILLEGAL for gay people to marry.

there's been plenty of protest. it's difficult to continue fighting when there's still no valid argument against gay marriage. as it stands, people oppose gay marriage for religious reasons. people still think that the U.S.A. is a christian nation. people still think that they should be able to impose their beliefs on everyone else in the country. trust me, many are fighting this. it'll take time due to the fact that they're fighting the christian majority.

Around my city, theres tons of southern Baptists, mostly black too- i dont share their beliefs, but i respect them for being loyal to their church and doing what they believe is right- and Ive seen many people growing up do great things and turn their lives around with their faith.
so, you respect someone that follows their beliefs regardless of whether those beliefs consider others? we should respect the beliefs of CFA despite the fact that they go against what america stands for?

What the hell do you believe in anyways MD? Theres no point to life right, then why worry about any of this if youre just just gonna die and forever rot in the ground?
because some people aren't so selfish to the point where they need the prospect of an afterlife to convince them to care about the world.

Last edited:
Lol, the pseudo intellectual and his hypocritical statements.

"I know one thing, that i know nothing"

It's like arguing with a female. He takes a very absurd stance ,almost comedic, on something you said, and then makes the assumption on what you believe. If you agree with him, he doesn't acknowledge you, but simply acts as if you had to agree with him, and any other way is wrong, aside from his view, of course. And if that doesn't work, he just goes "LOL u beleaf in jesus", its like that ugly female who wants you to smash and when you don't she calls you out infront of your friends saying your gay/small dik.

Someone post his picture, so you'll get an idea of who you're arguing with, before you continue adding pages to this useless thread.

Arguing about nonsense on a sneaker forum's miscellaneous section.

I'm having some chicken and i believe in Ra, and the matrimony of dog and bitc.h

Absolutely ludicrous.

Last edited:
Lol, the pseudo intellectual and his hypocritical statements.

"I know one thing, that i know nothing"

It's like arguing with a female. He takes a very absurd stance ,almost comedic, on something you said, and then makes the assumption on what you believe. If you agree with him, he doesn't acknowledge you, but simply acts as if you had to agree with him, and any other way is wrong, aside from his view, of course. And if that doesn't work, he just goes "LOL u beleaf in jesus", its like that ugly female who wants you to smash and when you don't she calls you out infront of your friends saying your gay/small dik.

Someone post his picture, so you'll get an idea of who you're arguing with, before you continue adding pages to this useless thread.

Arguing about nonsense on a sneaker forum's miscellaneous section.

I'm having some chicken and i believe in Ra, and the matrimony of dog and bitc.h

Absolutely ludicrous.

I don't care that people disagree. I care more that you'd rather make it seem like the debate itself is pointless or irrelevant.

And you could learn from what you deem to be a "pseudo-intellectual" comment.

You're free to share your support for CFA and I'm free to challenge you on it as I see fit. No opinion is sacred or free from being questions. If I take fault with every single statement then it's well within my ability to do so. I'm not obligated to fulfill your perspective or maintain your thoughts on the matter. I represent no other views but my own. If you disagree, tough.

But I thank you for this meaningful contribution to this thread.

So are we just gonna act like gay people aren't selfish in their pursuit of "equal rights"?
how exactly are they selfish? do explain.

CFA's beliefs dont go against what America stands for, they're standing up for THEIR OWN beliefs and supporting their values- which IS what America stands for. Yall can easily pool your money together to support org.s that go the opposite way of them. I dont need the prospect of an afterlife to care about the world either, I didnt really finish the thought and left it open for yall to target it i suppose.
Very true, just look at Obama and Romney- they both do in their own respective ways
imposing your beliefs on others, especially when those beliefs negatively affect them, is NOT american in any way.

So are we just gonna act like gay people aren't selfish in their pursuit of "equal rights"?

Yeah. So were blacks.... Those overly ambitious losers. Always asking to be on the white mans level.

Why aren't we addressing the NFL salary cap, you know... Real issues?

I mean...people are being called selfish for not throwing their support behind the gay community in their fight against chick-fil-a...

But the gay community only gives serious support to their own battles, just like everyone else.

In a perfect world, all citizens would put their weight behind righteous causes of equality...but that obviously doesn't happen.

There are a lot of other injustices plaguing the world that have some pretty paltry support behind them, why should we be compelled to boycott a company that is well run and operating within their legal rights?

Almost every big company lobbies for or engages in actions that oppress some group of people, in some way.

Thats how our nation works. Gotta take the good with the bad and pick and choose your battles.

Don't see the compelling evidence to stop supporting CFA.

Last edited:
I can understand not protesting Chic-Fil-A, but you guys hate gay people that much to go out and wait in long *** lines just to show your support of Chic-Fil-A? Guys ITT are even getting Chic-Fil-A shipped to them. That's just weird.

CFA's beliefs dont go against what America stands for, they're standing up for THEIR OWN beliefs and supporting their values- which IS what America stands for. Yall can easily pool your money together to support org.s that go the opposite way of them. I dont need the prospect of an afterlife to care about the world either, I didnt really finish the thought and left it open for yall to target it i suppose.

. people still think that they should be able to impose their beliefs on everyone else in the country
Very true, just look at Obama and Romney- they both do in their own respective ways

Legal discrimination is the American way?

What is the America way then?

Government exists not to grant rights, but to restrict them. Every law imposes restrictions, not the allowance to do something.

I mean...people are being called selfish for not throwing their support behind the gay community in their fight against chick-fil-a...

But the gay community only gives serious support to their own battles, just like everyone else.

In a perfect world, all citizens would put their weight behind righteous causes of equality...but that obviously doesn't happen.

There are a lot of other injustices plaguing the world that have some pretty paltry support behind them, why should we be compelled to boycott a company that is well run and operating within their legal rights?

Almost every big company lobbies towards causes that oppress some group of people in some way.

Thats the our nation works. Gotta take the good with the bad and pick your battles.

You're right. I should just tolerate racism because there are other pressing issues like getting my direct TV back. How else am I going to watch Mad Men?

Yeah. So were blacks.... Those overly ambitious losers. Always asking to be on the white mans level.
Why aren't we addressing the NFL salary cap, you know... Real issues?

Well, that seems pretty realistic and logical to me.

You can expect people to fight the most passionately for their own causes.

I don't see whats wrong with that or how you can fail to see that the gay community does that as well.

I can understand not protesting Chic-Fil-A, but you guys hate gay people that much to go out and wait in long *** lines just to show your support of Chic-Fil-A? Guys ITT are even getting Chic-Fil-A shipped to them. That's just weird.

I don't hate gay people and I wasn't even aware of the details of the CFA appreciation day.

People kept talking about great CFA was and it made me want to try for it for myself....family was coming to the city from out of town and picked a meal and some nuggets ( :smokin ). There was no line in the store they picked it up from. The food tasted great and I plan on getting it more often. Simple as that.

All of the hype backfired. People are now becoming more aware of the great product at CFA.

Groups have to pick and chose their battles.

CFA isn't even important in the grand scheme of equal rights for the LGBT community, they could've simply issued a statement, did what they had to do behind the scenes and continue to deal with the real factors holding them back from "equal rights".

But they made a spectacle and ended up adding millions to CFA's bottomline in the process.

Last edited:
Almost every big company lobbies for or engages in actions that oppress some group of people, in some way.
Thats how our nation works. Gotta take the good with the bad and pick and choose your battles.
no, people are being called selfish for using their beliefs to restrict the right of a minority group. gay marriage affects no one other than the gay couples that want to get married. this shouldn't even be an issue.

you're generalizing the gay community, okay.

yeah, the world is messed up and there are companies that are responsible for all sorts of injustices. most people are aware. i don't disagree, but this topic is about CFA and its views on gay marriage. if we want to discuss other injustices, there should be another topic.

Legal discrimination is the American way?
What is the America way then?
Government exists not to grant rights, but to restrict them. Every law imposes restrictions, not the allowance to do something.

Freedom my man, of all the citizens. Which is why gay people should be free to do as they want. But CFA is NOT the reason they dont have those liberties- theyre using their freedom of speech to support their beliefs- which they're allowed to do. You dont have to agree with them, i dont- but that is the American way. I'm done going in circles with you though,

This does not make one bit of sense.

CFA gives the money to support groups that take away rights.

There is more than one culprit but CFA is certainly a major player by way of their money a d influence.

Is opposing CFA the extent of my opposition? No.

You act like the gay rights movement didn't exist BEFORE last week.

Almost every big company lobbies towards causes that oppress some group of people in some way.
Thats how our nation works. Gotta take the good with the bad and pick your battles.

That's your view. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area... one of the more progressive places in the US (might be a bit of an understatement) and I can say that I've seen the community, including the gay community, stand up for issues that are not just their own. Human rights, animal rights, environmental protection, workers rights, anti-government, anti-corporation, etc. Many of the people fighting for gay rights are not gay themselves. And that's how it's always been as far as fighting for the minority... if the minority isn't able to garner support from those not within it's ranks, their movement goes nowhere.

The argument that there are "bigger" issues plaguing the world to support is also pretty weak. It's about perspective. You can't discount another's fight because you think there are other problems higher up on the totem pole.

You're right. I should just tolerate racism because there are other pressing issues like getting my direct TV back. How else am I going to watch Mad Men?

People have been and continue to tolerate racism from the last couple centuries.

Holding Harlem Shake contests in front of the local pizza shop won't change that.

MD: Ok, i dont make sense- you're right (thats what you wanna hear isnt it?):lol: have it your way. But the org DOES NOT take away rights, they dont even have that right in the first place my man (or is that wrong too?) Rhetorical questions btw

I think that is wrong. Keeping the status quo in a situation where change should happen isn't right.

I feel that. The message wasn't really so much directed at you but really just a general statement. You gotta admit though, as much as FutureMD posts in this thread, it's really mainly him fighting against the tide
laugh.gif
. It'd be great if everyone was reasonable but there are some flat out homophobes on Niketalk. Not even sugar-coating that. Type of people to actually wish ill on others for being themselves.
exactly

People have been and continue to tolerate racism from the last couple centuries.

Holding Harlem Shake contests in front of the local pizza shop won't change that.

You're right. The civil rights movement could have waited a few hundred years.

That's your view. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area... one of the more progressive places in the US (might be a bit of an understatement) and I can say that I've seen the community, including the gay community, stand up for issues that are not just their own. Human rights, animal rights, environmental protection, workers rights, anti-government, anti-corporation, etc. Many of the people fighting for gay rights are not gay themselves. And that's how it's always been as far as fighting for the minority... if the minority isn't able to garner support from those not within it's ranks, their movement goes nowhere.
The argument that there are "bigger" issues plaguing the world to support is also pretty weak. It's about perspective. You can't discount another's fight because you think there are other problems higher up on the totem pole.

I'm not discounting their fight...I'm sure that gay marriage is a very serious fight for members of the gay community but it has absolutely nothing to do with me. Thats not to say that I wish any harm against them nor I don't want to see them denied equal rights....it just means that I have no dog in the race, no compelling reason to enter the fray.

What's my motivation to stop eating at a place that I like? What is the threshold stimulus to make me enter this battle, which wont benefit me in any way?

Its a give and a take. Stand up for my causes and I'll fight for yours as well.

Call that selfish if you want but I'm not being anymore selfish than any other self-concerned individual or group of people.

I don't see the gay community turning out in these numbers when an innocent and unarmed black youth is shot...and frankly I don't expect them to.

Don't see too many people standing behind the "Arab/Muslim" communities in their battle for equal treatment in the USA and concerned territories and they're taking a hell of a lashing at the moment.

Look at that thread about the horrendous conditions in the US hospital in Afghanistan...I don't even think that went 2 pages.

Last edited:
You're right. The civil rights movement could have waited a few hundred years.

Did I say that or did I say it would be wise to pick and choose your battles?

So now you have selective memory?

Which rights are worth it then? Which battles are worth picking then?

There is an ENTIRE law abiding segment of the population without the same rights that you have.

But nah. Not important. Not as long as there are still movie tickets over 10 dollars then gay equality gets the back burner.

Back
Top Bottom