Zadehkicks pre orders

PayPal could be working with the biggest spenders and denying the people that bought a few here and there

Approving refunds for 10 customers who lost $50,000-$100,000 each is cheaper than refunding 5000 customers who lost $250-$500 each

PayPal could be working with the biggest spenders and denying the people that bought a few here and there

Approving refunds for 10 customers who lost $50,000-$100,000 each is cheaper than refunding 5000 customers who lost $250-$500 each
Seems logical, but…. Would you rather have 10 pissed off customers complaining on social media/online forums, or 5000?

What someone mentioned a page or so back, someone in PayPals IT dept probably created a general script to deny claims of people that have received payments through resell apps.

Seems logical, but…. Would you rather have 10 pissed off customers complaining on social media/online forums, or 5000?

What someone mentioned a page or so back, someone in PayPals IT dept probably created a general script to deny claims of people that have received payments through resell apps.
Yeah and who do you think told the person in IT what to put in the script?

PP don't care about people being mad because those mad people cant prove PP has done anything to violate the consumer protection laws

It might be a good idea to reach out to the receiver handling the case and asking them to help with getting PP to approve refunds

Unless BBB complaints are filed, PayPal doesn't care. That's what everyone denied a claim needs to do in addition to going to their credit card.

Yeah and who do you think told the person in IT what to put in the script?

PP don't care about people being mad because those mad people cant prove PP has done anything to violate the consumer protection laws

It might be a good idea to reach out to the receiver handling the case and asking them to help with getting PP to approve refunds
I’m looking at it as more of a “word of mouth” type situation… if enough people complain, and it spreads enough that PayPal doesn’t honor THEIR buyer protection, that THEY offer, it might deter people from using PayPal.

With how many people are affected, and if word spreads enough, this could kill PayPal.

And for those that don't think a BBB claim matters, these companies pay attention. I had a Best Buy employee open a credit card without my permission. Once I submitted a claim, I had corporate call me directly.

how'd that employee get a hold of your ssn?

I asked if I was eligible for the card and if I was, what's my limit because I was laptop shopping. When I was, he opened one in my name without my permission.

How would he know your limit without submitting you for a credit check? Thus you had to provide income, social, address, etc. Basically you asked TWO questions that can only be answered by applying for the card. So no, he didn’t open it without your permission. People like you annoy me. That’s like going to a car dealership and asking “what’s my rate?” without doing a credit app. None of that can be answered without the it.

You asked the question, he did the app for you based on information YOU provided (as they are trained) you got approved got the card in the mail and claimed it was without your permission. -_-

How would he know your limit without submitting you for a credit check? Thus you had to provide income, social, address, etc. Basically you asked TWO questions that can only be answered by applying for the card. So no, he didn’t open it without your permission. People like you annoy me. That’s like going to a car dealership and asking “what’s my rate?” without doing a credit app. None of that can be answered without the it.

You asked the question, he did the app for you based on information YOU provided (as they are trained) you got approved got the card in the mail and claimed it was without your permission. -_-

I explained it. He said I qualified, do I want to open it. I said no. He proceeded anyway. When he realized what he had done, he got his manager and they tried to explain it anyway.

EDIT: When I got furniture, Raymour and Flanigan told me my numbers then and there. The no interest rate for 18 months on top of giving more to spend than Chase made it an easy decision to sign up. Thats my furniture card . When someone isn't trying to meet their metrics, they won't need to do what was done.

Last edited:
I explained it. He said I qualified, do I want to open it. I said no. He proceeded anyway. When he realized what he had done, he got his manager and they tried to explain it anyway.

EDIT: When I got furniture, Raymour and Flanigan told me my numbers then and there. The no interest rate for 18 months on top of giving more to spend than Chase made it an easy decision to sign up. Thats my furniture card . When someone isn't trying to meet their metrics, they won't need to do what was done.

Furniture companies have two different type of financing. Revolving and Installment. Installment loans they can easily tell you you’re terms because mostly “everyone” qualifies for that kind of loan. Typically it’s 0% for 12-18 months, then 22.99% or higher at rule of 38 (interest is owed). So yes furniture companies can easily get around credit checks and most will say “everyone is approved”.

What you inquired about is a revolving loan, that’s a credit card and it can only give you those parameters based on an approval. So if you inquire about it and they go through the process for the approval and you get approved. ITS ON YOU to call Bestbuy after you receive the card to cancel. Side note: Just don’t use the card, it’s an open line of credit that only INCREASES your credit worthiness (score).

Finance Director here btw.

Furniture companies have two different type of financing. Revolving and Installment. Installment loans they can easily tell you you’re terms because mostly “everyone” qualifies for that kind of loan. Typically it’s 0% for 12-18 months, then 22.99% or higher at rule of 38 (interest is owed). So yes furniture companies can easily get around credit checks and most will say “everyone is approved”.

What you inquired about is a revolving loan, that’s a credit card and it can only give you those parameters based on an approval. So if you inquire about it and they go through the process for the approval and you get approved. ITS ON YOU to call Bestbuy after you receive the card to cancel. Side note: Just don’t use the card, it’s an open line of credit that only INCREASES your credit worthiness (score).

Finance Director here btw.

BUT, if you never use the card, it will eventually be classified as dormant, and not help (or hurt) one's credit score.

BUT, if you never use the card, it will eventually be classified as dormant, and not help (or hurt) one's credit score.

Correct. There are alot of store specific credit cards that do this. If you dont use the card for 12-24 consecutive months they will automatically close it out. Had that happen a couple times, not that i really cared

Got off the phone with PayPal, lady basically said that’s she’s going to do all she can for me, but PayPal isn’t going to do anything, and I need to do a chargeback…. So I called my cc company, and filed chargebacks for all the transactions I used my cc for. Done and done.

In addition to reporting PayPal to the BBB, report them to the CFPB too https://www.consumerfinance.gov/
This site is 10000% legit

Used it a few years ago against a credit card company that denied one of my chargebacks over some BS and would not listen to me. Saved all the communication and evidence. Took awhile but got in direct co tach with someone higher up, sent over everything and got my $$$ back. If it wasn’t for consumer finance I would’ve been ****ed

Man miss a little miss a lot. I just caught up on all the PayPal **** and man that's absolutely wild. I was hoping the entire thread was made whole at least.

This has me kinda wanting to say eff PayPal. Like many I either use PayPal credit or have PayPal directly debit from my bank account. I'd be double ****ed if they denied my claim since I have no alternative parties I can file chargebacks with.

I wish this story would've been picked up soone, it kinda proves PayPal will do what they can to weasel out of their terms and conditions (which is scary). Might have to give them a lil break and let Shopify/ my credit cards just get this burn.

Really hoping everyone who was able to get an appeal gets a decision in their favor.

Man miss a little miss a lot. I just caught up on all the PayPal **** and man that's absolutely wild. I was hoping the entire thread was made whole at least.

This has me kinda wanting to say eff PayPal. Like many I either use PayPal credit or have PayPal directly debit from my bank account. I'd be double ****ed if they denied my claim since I have no alternative parties I can file chargebacks with.

I wish this story would've been picked up soone, it kinda proves PayPal will do what they can to weasel out of their terms and conditions (which is scary). Might have to give them a lil break and let Shopify/ my credit cards just get this burn.

Really hoping everyone who was able to get an appeal gets a decision in their favor.
Change your PayPal settings to have the money come from a credit card. I had my PayPal set to make purchases from my bank and now I’m out of luck with the zadeh case. Technically when it comes from your bank it’s pretty much a wire transfer so my bank couldn’t do a chargeback.

Change your PayPal settings to have the money come from a credit card. I had my PayPal set to make purchases from my bank and now I’m out of luck with the zadeh case. Technically when it comes from your bank it’s pretty much a wire transfer so my bank couldn’t do a chargeback.
Basically.

*looks at profile picture*
I’ll keep you in my thoughts during this tough time.

Back
Top Bottom