• V

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • VI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VII

• Total voters
Why not pay $1000 for the 1s? Make resell even higher, and resellers even more greedy... Why not, right?

And dudes looking to drop double retail on shoes that haven't even dropped yet... Give yourself a chance at retail first. Spend a little gas money and enter some raffles. Maybe even some add to cart services (I'm not sure how much those run, nothing has released that I'd be willing to pay much more than retail for)... Don't give up yet. This is why we have so many damn resellers. Dudes don't even need to have shoes in hand to make double their money. You guys are fueling the reseller fire... Just sayin.

They're not going for $799 but certainly not going for $400.

Prices are around $525-600 and they're going up with time.

You're not going to find them for $400 anywhere.
they're priced like that because everyone keep dropping the money for it. i've seen plenty of 1s for 400. you just gotta wait. i can understand 450 but anymore than that is crazy. by the time the 7s come out it'll be what 1500 for the P1. i understand location play a big role. i guess where im looking at is we got people taking care of each other. 

Last edited:
Eventually more of these will retro whether it's soon or in 3-5 years. I'll wait for some better colorways (I think most of these prelude cws are ugly) and an easier cop. Hope they don't pull this crap with the lebrons when they start to retro them but they probably will too.

Why not pay $1000 for the 1s? Make resell even higher, and resellers even more greedy... Why not, right?

And dudes looking to drop double retail on shoes that haven't even dropped yet... Give yourself a chance at retail first. Spend a little gas money and enter some raffles. Maybe even some add to cart services (I'm not sure how much those run, nothing has released that I'd be willing to pay much more than retail for)... Don't give up yet. This is why we have so many damn resellers. Dudes don't even need to have shoes in hand to make double their money. You guys are fueling the reseller fire... Just sayin.

THE TRUTH!! I refuse to pay a reseller if I miss out on a release. Last time I paid the "tax" was the China LeBron 9. Y'all are just feeding the problem. Not like there isn't another hot release coming every Saturday. Just take the L and move onto the next one

Eventually more of these will retro whether it's soon or in 3-5 years. I'll wait for some better colorways (I think most of these prelude cws are ugly) and an easier cop. Hope they don't pull this crap with the lebrons when they start to retro them but they probably will too.
Of course they will do this with the lebrons and eventually with the KDs.

The plan is simple.. Retro them now in extremely limited #s so that in time people will buy for absurd prices on eBay and call them their "grails"

Then wait a little longer and reintroduce the retro as basically a GR when Kobe retires. Make the same color and a whole new line of colors for each retro. Then Nike sits back and watches them fly off the shelves with far lesser quality at probably $200 each.

Genius plan tbh.

These were probably low number as a trial to see if they could do weekly retros.

Could you imagine a jordan pack? 1 retro every week for X amount of weeks? 

Yall better 3 jobs. 

Could you imagine a jordan pack? 1 retro every week for X amount of weeks? 

You mean like those 2 retros JB released as a package every month in 2008?

Jordan pretty much already releases retros every week (sometimes multiple) Most are AJ1s with the others mixed in.

Last edited:
Anyone planning on playing ball in these? I have the II and it seems more like a NSW shoe than a basketball one

This is the truth... these can hit 1g in the future I promise 

That I do agree....Seeing how rare these shoes are to get and this is just 2/8..person with the complete set will def. make bank...

people are seeing in the low 500's and mid 400s is due to the saturated market...give it time and it will hit $700-800...especially when the complete set is released.

Of course they will do this with the lebrons and eventually with the KDs.

The plan is simple.. Retro them now in extremely limited #s so that in time people will buy for absurd prices on eBay and call them their "grails"

Then wait a little longer and reintroduce the retro as basically a GR when Kobe retires. Make the same color and a whole new line of colors for each retro. Then Nike sits back and watches them fly off the shelves with far lesser quality at probably $200 each.

Genius plan tbh.

I hear a lot of people say this but what if 10-20 year s later nobody is checking for Nike like that ?

So after all the prelude releases are up will they still be releasing more previous Kobe's ?
I doubt it. It'll be all about the 9 then. I think it'll be much easier to get the 9 elites but expect the Masterpiece CW to be a problem. Hype wise.

Last edited:
Thank you... Prestige Shop dude and friends were all camping overnight seemed like fun to do... But that temperature

TF about that sounds fun?

We've gotten to a place where people ENJOY waiting in a line to spend money because they happen to meet a couple nice guys during the process. Don't bother fam, if it doesn't make sense to you now, it never will. But I'll be damned if I ever wait outside for longer than 2-2.5 hours for ANYTHING that isn't life or death :lol:

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of the last prelude 1's in 11.5 . $799. Confused . Should I buy db foams instead ? eBay has more db foams than prelude 1. Help

$799 on these preludes is just absurd. For a couple hundred more dollars you may as well cop a PE or a pair of Premium Goods. These Preludes are sitting from what I've seen. If people don't resort to the Sandusky, the prices will continue to drop.

In FB groups I'm in, everyone is asking for $500+ and they're sitting. I promise they'll come back down to reality soon enough.

Now everyone that got the 2 is trying to size swap or trade for a 1. I see this becoming a trend in the weeks to come too.

Last edited:
only thing I waited in line for today was Prelude 2s on NDC and Pappy Van Winkle.

Got neither; I want my Kobes and my Pappy.

When you guys talk about going price you have to consider location. Where I'm at our nike didn't get them and neither did our HOH. Online was the only option and we know how that goes. So online is the only option, nobody locally selling them for 450-500. So unless you get lucky you're most likely looking at 550+.

They're not going for $799 but certainly not going for $400.

Prices are around $525-600 and they're going up with time.

You're not going to find them for $400 anywhere.

Yeah, I've been looking at the "Sold Listings" for a size 10.5 Prelude 1 on eBay and that $525-600 range is very accurate. There's currently only 5 active listings right now for a 10.5 Prelude 1, which are all in that same price range, as well. Once these dry up on eBay, I wouldn't be surprised if they hit close to $800-900 by the end of next year.

Last edited:
ugh, today just gets worse, I tried some guy for a preorder and I just got refunded, guess he didnt pick up my size, now im at the mercy of resellers so much salt, just so much

Back
Top Bottom