Zoom Kobe 8 system NikeID thread ***NO SET DATE (yet) WHEN THESE WILL BE TAKEN DOWN***

:nerd: Is there such a thread or you're gonna make one? :lol: Looking forward to seeing that. You probably need page one for yourself to post all your Kobes, not just the 8s. haha

oh damn that shows how much I venture into sneaker showcase. I go in there for wdywt from time to time that's about it. I have/had some of his older shoes (Adidas and Nike), if I find some pics I'll post in there.

You mean university red. Team red(dark red/maroon) is the color in iks mod's iD sample.

Last edited:
It's poison green. Volt is on the yellow side. PG is an amazing color. I'm gonna need to use it on the Swoosh/Shozoku on a future iD.

Thanks for the response. Didn't you make a pair that had the blue scale pattern with PG sole, etc.? Any idea what page those pics are on?

KVN's orange and green ones above look great, too, IMO. I had been meaning to order almost the exact same pair for months now, but I was on the Lebron train too long. Still am, actually. HOWEVER, I played in my Kobe Easters the other day and the performance put me right back in the Kobe camp. 8's are just a little narrow for me, but I already felt my Easters conforming to my feet.

Anyway, if loving Kobe 8's and Bron X's is wrong, then I don't wanna be right, lol!

Last edited:
Yes I did. I ended up returning them to have them redone. Came to realize that there was too much blue and it kinda distracted from the PG. So midsole and heel clip gonna be black. There were hard glue stains on the heel clip so that was another reason. Anyways here's the original.
View media item 450448

Yes I stuck with the silver swoosh. Was thinking about going with PG but I wanted the PG to shine by itself on the outsole.The silver is a nice compliment to the blue and PG imo.
Stop messing with the expensive Lebrons and make a couple Kobe iDs. haha

Last edited:
Finally got them, first 8`s, the purple looks more intensive than on the pictures, sorry for bad quality
what do you think about those? 

Last edited:
@thapointguy, I'm thinking of making the same IDs you made but instead using a navy heel cup and navy midsole.

I think it looks good if you don't want the typical black and the blue is too intense. It'll match with the navy lining too. You don't want to change it up with the new coral pattern?

First IDs have arrived. Thought it might be helpful for others who are thinking about going with some of the same color options to see what the real version looks like when compared side-by-side to how the mock-up pics look:

Overall, I'm happy with them.  After seeing others who used the same black/gray uppers posting pics of the finished product after I ordered mine, I was prepared for the lighter gray stripe than what the mock-ups illustrated.  If I was going to nitpick, I'd say the darker gray heel clip I chose looks even darker on the finished product.  Wanted a little more contrast there with the black, but not a big deal.  Like I said, I'm happy with the finished product.

Back
Top Bottom