⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t mind loaning Ceballos back to Betis. He’s extremely talented but unfortunately at the bottom of Zizou’s pecking order in midfield.

Willian
Sandro
Fred
Toby
Sergej

Wouldn’t be a bad summer
258F11AA-7E9B-49CF-AA61-5590BF65BC1A.png

One down. :evil:

He’ll improve us in transitioning from defense to attack. Hard worker who attacks space and is efficient with the ball. Jose got to be buzzing.

If Martial goes he goes. I just agree on not selling him to an English side. I think he'd kill it at Juve

Honestly, I'll take it. Mandzukics can step up. Plus he's a badass, Mous type.

Of course if United could somehow add a buy back cluase in the contract that would be lovely

Speaking so much sense this morning.

C7CC56AE-0AFA-4647-8C01-3B1AD56E0179.png

United really need players that will qoute on qoute die for Mou. We can have all the talent in the world, but if they don't believe in Mou what's the point? Don't think Mou has that right now with his best players. If he did I'd go as far as saying we wouldn't have to dabble into the transfer market so hard.

:rofl:Defense isn't even really a problem with United... The dotard should just field Lukaku, Get Willian, & field CBs & FBs...

Who said defense is a problem?

what's wrong with more wheels for the bus?

sonoftony sonoftony gets it... Having players like Fred & Alderweireld is fine, but defense wasn't really a problem for United. Did you guys finish 2nd defensively? Its your attach & goal scoring that needs help. United failed to score goals against the stupidest teams to draw or lose too. Like i said before, whatever this team does in the transfer window won't help as long as the dotard is in charge.

Speaking of Alderweireld, is he on Poch's ish list now? Why wouldn't they sign him to a worthy extension?

It's a shame about Byer's project getting dropped. He's exactly what this country needs in youth developement. One only has to look at his work in Japan to see what it's capable of.

Even if that Klopp quote is not real, it's true.

It could be true....but that’s not the point amigo - It would have been fine and overlooked if it came out of Jape’s keyboard...

Just don’t be out here in the world spreading news from troll accounts, ESPECIALLY when they’re fake quoting highly respectable and highly regarded individuals, like Klopp.

Let’s say Klopp said this, this would have been front page news across the globe, everyone and their mother would be talking about it (most people sink low and love a good old fashioned, tired ***, Messi vs Ronaldo debate).

@jape I’m triggered at fact you couldn’t realize that. Like are you really out here not knowing the difference between real or fake news bruh? Like you HONESTLY think that was real? Coming from a source called “MessiFans”?

Bruhhhhhhhh..........

BRUHHHHHHHHHHHH...............

Now I’m just worried about you, we can start a go fund me account to put you in a journalism 101 course asap, I’ll pay half.

Spurs offered Toby a BS extension.. he wanted his value since this would be his last big contract.

United deff needs FBs, ppl saying our defense is solid don't watch us play enough. The reason we were 2nd is Mourinho had everyone back defending.

Roll the dice on who? Scolari, Ancelotti, Benitez, Hiddink (the second go round)??

Chelsea had some horrible retreads between the Mourinho stints. And the guy they rolled the dice on was last seen in the Chinese Super League.

Conte, AVB, Jose (first time) and now Sarri..

you cant use interim managers to prove your point we all knew they were place holders, there to only steady a ship

New FB's are definitely needed and they would benefit the attack

Sandro would be a good look but I also hope a RB is on its way

sonoftony sonoftony
Speaking of Alderweireld, is he on Poch's ish list now? Why wouldn't they sign him to a worthy extension?
Because of the wages he/his agent are demanding. Our wage structure can't support those demands, we're far from a financial powerhouse like other clubs.
Kane gets paid something like £110k/week, Alderweireld was demanding £150k/week. He's our best defender, though Vertonghen was better this season, but if you give one player a massive raise like that, others will soon have similar demands. I'm sure we can make some wage improvements for the squad with the CL money and a likely Alderweireld sale but giving into the kind of demands Alderweireld made would just fracture our whole wage structure.
Credit to Levy though, he has been doing extremely well on the financial side of things.

Besides, we've shown we're capable of playing well in Toby's absence. Davinson Sanchez stepped up and has been very solid, especially for his age and this being his first PL season. We had our best run of wins when Toby was injured actually. It also looks like we'll go for De Ligt from Ajax if we sell Alderweireld. As much as I love our Belgian duo for obvious reasons, I think at this point I'd prefer selling him to a non-PL club and getting De Ligt.

United defense wasn't as good as you thought DDG just had a world class season, Smalling, Blind, Rojo & couple more should all be replaced
100%

The defense would've been in the bottom half if you took away DDG's greatness

Rojo was hurt most of the year but I agree about the rest. Even Jones and Young,they have their moments but they shouldn't be relied upon as starters week in and week out. Valencia is also getting older, he turns 33 in August, so he shouldn't have to be asked to start 55-60+ games

It's admirable that he wants to really build something lasting at Spurs but I hope he can temper his ambition in the meantime...

sonoftony sonoftony gets it... Having players like Fred & Alderweireld is fine, but defense wasn't really a problem for United. Did you guys finish 2nd defensively? Its your attach & goal scoring that needs help. United failed to score goals against the stupidest teams to draw or lose too. Like i said before, whatever this team does in the transfer window won't help as long as the dotard is in charge.

You view Fred as a signing to sure up our defense? Like I said, I believe his quality will help us with transitioning from defense to attack. He’s an all a rounder, not some lumbering CDM. I don’t see the problem with improving our defense with Toby. It’s not like he’s the only player we are after this summer or will cost us a bomb to sign. We can’t score goals against the “stupidest” of teams because ironically we can’t unlock teams that park the bus. Fred isn’t some magician like Silva but he is an improvement on Fellaini and Herrera. New fullbacks and a proper right winger will also help with this issue.

Also, park the bus is over used nowadays. Y’all want to see parking the bus watch the 2004 Greece team. Just because we don’t play like a side managed by Zdenek Zeman doesn’t mean we park the bus.

Park the bus, Park the Bus Man United, Park the Bus, Park the bus I say... Playing football the Mourinho WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom