⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I agree with that for Real.

Speaking of lineups, how do all you guys want/predict your squad to lineup with this weekend?

I'll do want:
DDG
Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Darmian
Matic
Pogba, Mhki
Rashford, Lukaku, Martial

I get that's not really Mou's style but I'd like us to be all out attacking this weekend, we shouldn't need to be uber defensive against West Ham.

Also I say that so we'll start Lingard and Fellaini and Blind this weekend :lol:

I'll do want:
DDG
Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Darmian
Matic
Pogba, Mhki
Rashford, Lukaku, Martial

I get that's not really Mou's style but I'd like us to be all out attacking this weekend, we shouldn't need to be uber defensive against West Ham.

Also I say that so we'll start Lingard and Fellaini and Blind this weekend :lol:

psg-with-neymar-ps_11obsksymwu011rlzs4q9covok.png

Rotate Draxler and Neymar and I'm ready.

Isco is without a doubt going to start, you don't shake up a line up and formation that scored 4 goals on a side people were saying was in the discussion for GOAT defensively in the CL final.

I also think RM's priority on the CL, and Benz's low key being up there for all-time CL goals and assists leaders, and link up play with CR7 will get him the nod over Bale in important matches.

i think what will get him the nod over bale is that bale isn't good

I wanted Isco for the low to replace Santi Carzorla when Kroos, Modric, James, and Bale were taking all his minutes 2 years back

Welp

Can't see them dropping the 150m BVB is asking for Dembele either...

If I'm Barca I'd go big or go home with a big Mbappe bid instead of letting P$G and Real have a free run at him

The way man's were sending me articles about Coutinho leaving, you would've sworn his unveiling would've been today. Instead he's is still wearing a red kit. Transfer market so brazy it got ESPN FC subscribing and posting Faux news

The way man's were sending me articles about Coutinho leaving, you would've sworn his unveiling would've been today. Instead he's is still wearing a red kit. Transfer market so brazy it got ESPN FC subscribing and posting Faux news

Welp

Can't see them dropping the 150m BVB is asking for Dembele either...

If I'm Barca I'd go big or go home with a big Mbappe bid instead of letting P$G and Real have a free run at him

Maybe they should just forget about Coutinho, drop the bread on Dembele, grab Seri, and save the rest for next summer?

Really hope these latest reports are the end of it, I've been bitter all week about the prospect of selling Coutinho a week from the start of the season.

It's to the point I hope nobody sells to Barca. Go back to La Masia and make it great again. So many of our youth players have left or have been poached, and in large part is that many youngsters see no true chance at making the first team since Barcelona has been focused on buying stars, and then making poor decisions in terms of role players they purchase. So much money wasted, so much time wasted, rebuild the team the way it was done when the likes of the Barca dynasty was that IMO is the best team to ever play football ever. Develop youth players from the academy, and have that be the core of what makes FC Barcelona, and still maintain the financial flexibility to spend money to supplement the core as needed or splash it here and there for someone who wants to play for the badge right on top of their heart, not just chasing a pay day. Got the team looking desperate out here :smh:

Honestly though, would you turn down an offer from a Premier League team that's a) offering to pay you twice of what you'll make at Barca and b) basically ensuring that you'll be a starter?

Also, it's unfair to expect La Masia to churn out world class players year after year. The era you're talking about was extremely lucky to have Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, etc. all hit their primes around the same time. Those players were some of the best/possibly the best to ever play in their positions in the history of the sport.

I think @northoaklandfc mentioned how these academies' "golden eras" are cyclical, and I agree with him.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who believes that Diego costa and Chelsea are going to work past their differences for this season?

I can see them agreeing to him staying till January, then Madrid. Would be really smart for Chelsea and would allow morata time to acclimate without so much pressure. Honestly, conte gotta look at himself for that mistake. Costa brings a lot of drama but he also brings a lot of goals and output for the team.

Don't remember who posted the United lineup but I think the back 5 is right. I don't see midfield without herrera and damn sure don't see martial starting.

Barca should focus on mbappe and seri. Wonder if Monaco would drop the price for Barca to prevent him from joining a league rival in psg.

I'm sure Barca has asked about Thiago but apparently he's committed to Bayern because they stuck with him through that year of injuries

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom