🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

We’ve had bad injuries SB year. Dudes just stepped up

Vaitai, Sul, Celek/Burton, Clement, Goode/Ellerbee and Big **** Nick

Carson, Peters, Hicks, Sproles, Maragos were key and all on IR. Ertz missed a few games too. And Darby before he got trash

while i agree, obviously significant guys got hurt.. i think it was at least doable

like with the WRs the last couple of years.. we saw the impact just having a legit deep thread has had on the offense, torrey was there.. last 2 seasons, desean and wallace lasted like a game each

i posted the stat about peters finishing games the last couple years.. i'd argue we were better of getting consistent play at that spot that what has been happening with peters where guys would have to adjust and get comfortable in the role on the fly

and while i like what sproles brought to the table, doug sometimes overused dude

Doug needs to do better just as much as Wentz does. Seems like dude never adjusts in-game (same with Schwartz) and we end up having to rely on heroic performances to win rather than our coaches making it easier on our players. Why did we have Wentz under center waiting for DJax and Reagor to get open 40yds downfield with a 4th rd rookie and an Australian rugby player getting his first ever career action protecting him?

Every win is either a nailbiter or foiled comeback attempt (after the OTHER team adjusts) and every loss is a blowout or heartbreak. Sometimes you just lose, and sometimes you just win, but with the Eagles that never seems to happen :lol:.

nah he gotta hit the dirt like Eli and Peyton did for years and avoided injury

Wentz thinks he's Russell Wilson who NEVER gets hurt

russ is a bad example.. because russ is smart as shh.. he doesnt take risks.. he throws it away, slides and pump fakes.. plus dude is built like a RB

Cowboys have Amari, Gallup, CeeDee Lamb, Zeke and their offense put up the same amount of points as we did with 2 less turnovers and Dak was sacked 5 times less than Wentz. Let's give them more than one game of 3rd string O Linemen and no starting RB before ripping the offense

Carson really is Favre 2.0. Gotta live with the bad to get the amazing. Doug should know this first had as he was Favre’s backup lol

Doug really needs to be better at getting Carson in a rhythm. When Carson is clicking, it opens up everything else. When he’s pressing, he’s pressing and it shows

Cowboys have Amari, Gallup, CeeDee Lamb, Zeke and their offense put up the same amount of points as we did with 2 less turnovers and Dak was sacked 5 times less than Wentz. Let's give them more than one game of 3rd string O Linemen and no starting RB before ripping the offense

exactly.. that's why i always refer to that cowboys/jets game where they had tyrion smith and i think another guy out and fell apart

theyre dealing with oline shh too with fredericks retiring and however long collins is out.. and i think another guy went down

plus rams running game was doing work, so interesting to see how other teams do vs that front that already had questions at DT.. and they lost LVE

exactly.. that's why i always refer to that cowboys/jets game where they had tyrion smith and i think another guy out and fell apart

theyre dealing with oline shh too with fredericks retiring and however long collins is out.. and i think another guy went down

plus rams running game was doing work, so interesting to see how other teams do vs that front that already had questions at DT.. and they lost LVE

I think the offense could do well against the Rams if Doug game plans correctly. Aaron Donald is a monster and if he has Wentz trying to duck under one of his bull rushes, Wentz is gonna end up with a neck injury. it has to be misdirection stuff with Miles, and quick throws to Ertz and Goedert. The front 4 of the Rams is tough but their LBs are exploitable so if we can open up that short game, it allows Wentz to go deep in the second half. Throwing on every down like last game is just gonna lead to another 6+ sack game.

I think the offense could do well against the Rams if Doug game plans correctly. Aaron Donald is a monster and if he has Wentz trying to duck under one of his bull rushes, Wentz is gonna end up with a neck injury. it has to be misdirection stuff with Miles, and quick throws to Ertz and Goedert. The front 4 of the Rams is tough but their LBs are exploitable so if we can open up that short game, it allows Wentz to go deep in the second half. Throwing on every down like last game is just gonna lead to another 6+ sack game.

need to get wentz on the move.. they need to look at the bears game and couple other guys from before

at least the rams defense aint great.. but they do have some great players.. the skins front had volume that the rams dont, obviously that doesnt mean we can take them lightly.. be we gotta make sure we're scheming away from donald and helping out alot

also Doug gotta be better with what we’re doing with dude.. still want him getting deep shots, but gotta get him some stuff in space on the move

How would y'all feel if the team went super aggressive and tried to grab OBJ or A Rob? I personally would be cool with it because they draft like crap so if it takes a high round draft pick I'm all for it. Reagor is hopefully gonna be nice and I'll give Hightower a few weeks to analyze his game but DJacc is up there in age, Alshon is washed, and everyone else on the roster is nothing to talk about

How would y'all feel if the team went super aggressive and tried to grab OBJ or A Rob? I personally would be cool with it because they draft like crap so if it takes a high round draft pick I'm all for it. Reagor is hopefully gonna be nice and I'll give Hightower a few weeks to analyze his game but DJacc is up there in age, Alshon is washed, and everyone else on the roster is nothing to talk about

depends on the price paid.. like I would have been all the way down for trading a 2nd for nuk and still drafting reags

cause my hope is we clear out certain guys this offseason, to free up cap and also just need to move on

we need to go multiple oline in the draft, though

Are you giving up on JJAW?

Are you giving up on JJAW?

1600219127317.gif

What was the reason for giving up fort?
Also hicks aint miss a game since he left us. Cant make this up

What was the reason for giving up fort?
Also hicks aint miss a game since he left us. Cant make this up

I don’t get the fort move, never did.. didn’t think him and the dude who we kept and ran his mouth were even fighting for the same LB spot.. thought he was the MIKE backup and fort was here for coverage one of the outside spots

but hicks got paid, so I was cool with him going.. but yea our medical staff been a joke or it’s something in the water

So i read it may not be the medical staff since we keep switching them. We have had the same stragth and condtioning coach since 2013 tho

Back
Top Bottom